Focused Feedback: Teleportation Pool Revamp

Jimmy

Just now, dtj714 said:

Right. So we’re going to create a T5 pool power that’s only useful for aggro magnets...

I mean, I can see the appeal of this power for almost every character I play and I'd hardly call any of my characters "aggro magnets."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 minutes ago, macskull said:

I mean, I can see the appeal of this power for almost every character I play and I'd hardly call any of my characters "aggro magnets."

If this power has such broad appeal, then it’s going to be like a cat chasing a light - the mobs are over here!  No, over there!  No, over...

3 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

If this power has such broad appeal, then it’s going to be like a cat chasing a light - the mobs are over here!  No, over there!  No, over...

You don't seriously think that every single player is going to take this power and try to use it at the same time... do you?

3 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

I’m curious, have you actually tested Fold Space or are your observations just theory?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I don't think LRTP is that great of a T5, and certainly don't mind it being offered via an accolade. Fold Space, on the other hand, sounds awesome, and I can't wait to play with it. From the sound of it, even my squishies will like it. Build Up > Fold Space > PBAoE Nuke? Yes please!

The only problem I'm seeing is with many players on a team using it in different places. Say the team tank uses it, then someone else does and the tank no longer has enemies in range. (Might be funny for a while...)

Edited by Keen
  • Like 1

@Keen Stronghold (Virtue, Everlasting)
Hamidon Raids - Role Guide

4 minutes ago, Keen said:

The only problem I'm seeing is with many players on a team using it in different places. Say the team tank uses it, then someone else does and the tank no longer has enemies in range. (Might be funny for a while...)

As someone that mains a Tanker, I can say that it will be far less annoying to see a spawn momentarily disappear and run back (due to Aggro control) than it currently is for people to spam immobilize powers the moment the enemy is engaged by the team.😁

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

As someone that mains a Tanker, I can say that it will be far less annoying to see a spawn momentarily disappear and run back (due to Aggro control) than it currently is for people to spam immobilize powers the moment the enemy is engaged by the team.😁

Could even come up with some new tactics to fix this. If you have a happy Controller on team, wait for them to spam immob and stop enemies in all weird places, then Fold Space, problem solved! 😄

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Keen Stronghold (Virtue, Everlasting)
Hamidon Raids - Role Guide

Just now, Keen said:

Could even come up with some new tactics to fix this. If you have a happy Controller on team, wait for them to spam immob and stop enemies in all weird places, then Fold Space, problem solved! 😄

I would give this post one thousand likes if I could.❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[Bug Fix]

Fold Space needs the following added to it for PVP:

• 3.00 magnitude intangible for 0.87s(0.75s) on target after x.xxs delay unresistable
  • 3.00 magnitude untouchable for 0.87s(0.75s) on target after x.xxs delay unresistable
  • 3.00 magnitude only affect self for 0.87s(0.75s) on target after x.xxs delay unresistable

This is so that it matches Teleport Target. (Switch out the "x.xx" for whatever number duration is right for Fold Space. Teleport Target uses "1.17".)

If you don't do this. People will be able to fold space>glue arrow an entire team into a dumpster they cannot get out of, fold space>trip mine pile to instakill an enemy team, etc. While this is hilarious, it would be pretty unbalanced.

Edited by Xanatos
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

12 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

[Bug Fix]

• 3.00 magnitude intangible for 0.87s(0.75s) on target after x.xxs delay unresistable
  • 3.00 magnitude untouchable for 0.87s(0.75s) on target after x.xxs delay unresistable
  • 3.00 magnitude only affect self for 0.87s(0.75s) on target after x.xxs delay unresistable

This is so that it matches Teleport Target. (Switch out the "x.xx" for whatever number duration is right for Fold Space. Teleport Target uses "1.17".)

If you don't do this. People will be able to fold space>glue arrow an entire team into a dumpster they cannot get out of, fold space>trip mine pile to instakill an enemy team, etc. While this is hilarious, it would be pretty unbalanced.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if 1,300 PvP voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Replacement said:

What Myrmidon meant to say was: bless you @Xanatos for keeping track of the PvP details, so we don't have to.

“Bless” is a strong word, however all joking aside, those PvP findings do need to be fixed as soon as possible.

• Like 2

Being able to vacuum enemies up and plop them directly in the path of the PAIN TRAIN sounds heavenly.
Squishies MAY wish to avoid it (some squishies are still pbaoe or cone based and could benefit, I figure) but hey it'll make it easier for the meatshields to keep enemies over at them and not over at the squishies, too.
I swear i remember some powerset that hoovered up the enemies but turned them Intangible that was just terribad. in Gravity, right? Maybe that one should get the same treatment--or rather a more precision control: suck up the enemies and deposit them where you ground target them to get plopped out.

Any word on being able to shorten the duration of Teleport's hover via Null? It'd be great to reduce it to 1 second. Or perhaps a bit of a Teleport animation time reduction? That'd be wonderful, too.

Thank you so much for your great work Homecoming!

Just tested Fold Space and Wormhole and they both cannot TP bosses at +4 difficulty. Teleport Target cannot even teleport a lieutenant at +4. I think this could be an easy fix if all PvE enemy TPs mags was changed from 4.10 to 5.10. Though I doubt anything is an easy fix with this spaghetti code of a game. Fingers crossed.

As others have mentioned, a defense portion to combat teleport would be really nice! Fold Space is a very powerful ability in a high recharge people and that extra defense component can help out with recharge with powersets that are lacking in defense mules.

Also, not sure how this worked before but if you slot interrupt reduction on the TP target friend version, it doesn't actually cut down the interrupt time. Sure you won't be interrupted but the 3.17 + 2.00 cast still plays out as opposed to using the 3.17 + 0.92 reduced interrupt cast. Again not sure if interrupt reduction ever reduced total cast time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Has anyone been at all successful in getting the Gaussians proc to fire off while slotted in Combat Teleport? I would assume it's proc rate is based on the powers actual recharge, and not the insta-cast charges? I was unsuccessful in getting it to proc which was unfortunate...

No. I've tried a lot. The proc rate should be 11% (according to Bopper, who I trust with numbers), but it never fired off at all as far as I could tell.

5 hours ago, AxerJax said:

Any word on being able to shorten the duration of Teleport's hover via Null? It'd be great to reduce it to 1 second. Or perhaps a bit of a Teleport animation time reduction? That'd be wonderful, too.

Thank you so much for your great work Homecoming!

Don't know if you saw, but attacking cancels the hover now. Not exactly what you're after but it's a start.

4 hours ago, Lines said:

No. I've tried a lot. The proc rate should be 11% (according to Bopper, who I trust with numbers), but it never fired off at all as far as I could tell.

11.1% at 0 recharge.

6.5% with 50% slotted recharge

(and this appears to be the floor; slotting any more Recharge SOs isn't affecting it further)

8 hours ago, Xanatos said:

[Bug Fix]

Replied to this in another location cough, but I'd rather see the existing enemy TP powers lose the intangible/untouchable/OAS. It was a stupid change when it was added in I13 and it's still stupid now. Probably added by a dev who was butthurt they kept getting TPd into things despite the options available to keep yourself or teammates from getting TPd.