Who Would Win A Fight? Superman vs Goku

Though I'm curious to everyone's answers, my personal vote would be Goku.

1-Infinite potential for growth

2-No known glass ceiling for power scale/meter

3-Unlike Superman, no solid crippling weaknesses.

4-If you even "tried" to measure power/speed in terms, Goku surpasses Superman in every manner theoretically.

5-Goku has more variation of powers/techniques

6-Goku has has more variation and experience of different types of battles+opponents

7-In terms of drive for victory, Goku has way more drive for personal motivation/drive, that in itself could be a key to victory in a long-drawn out battle between the two. Superman, in a fighting sense, lacks fire.

Edited by CU_Krow

Yeah, it's gotta be Superman Prime (Kal-El).

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-El_(DC_One_Million)

"He traversed the entire DCU, going beyond time and space, and has been said to have reached as far as Heaven and Hell themselves."

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

55 minutes ago, Giovanni Valia said:

Yeah, it's gotta be Superman Prime (Kal-El).

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-El_(DC_One_Million)

"He traversed the entire DCU, going beyond time and space, and has been said to have reached as far as Heaven and Hell themselves."

From the same page:

Weaknesses

Power Limitation: Superman Prime's past self-was noted as being unable to connect to Headnet, the transgalactic information system that unites the inhabitants of the 853rd century, due to his insufficiently evolved brain; in fact, the frequencies emitted by it wreaked havoc with his super-hearing, meaning, his superhearing was still vulnerable to overloading. If Prime never overcame this limitation, he is locked off from the stream of information shared by virtually every other sentient being of his time period and is left vulnerable to extremely high levels of sound.

------------------------------------

If Goku was ever aware of the above weakness for Superman Prime, it'd be game-over instantly. 

Superman.

He wouldn't just float there screaming for 20 episodes.

🙂

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I would have to say Goku - as his powers have a magical element, and Superman was historically vulnerable to magic (who knows now with all the craziness in retconning)

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Depends on what the story needs, who's writing it, and whose book/show it's in.  Just like every "Who would win?".  There are no objective measures of powers or power levels because writers (especially comic book writers) rewrite them whenever the character either needs a new power or needs not to have a power to further their story.  Even Superman's vulnerability to kryptonite varies widely by writer and story (as does his weakness against magic)--sometimes there are entire story arcs built around it, sometimes it's barely a nuisance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superman would win.  Here's how it would go down:

While Goku is powering up for his mega-punch, superman would fly, at superspeed, to the Watchtower.  He would call an emergency meeting of the Justice League.  He would explain that he is facing a powerful, magical foe.  Batman would analyze Goku's weaknesses and come up with a flawless plan to defeat him.  The League would break for tea, eat a light brunch, take an hour long nap, and then binge-watch the first two seasons of breaking bad on Netflix.

They would then return (seconds before Goku's power-up animation sequence finished) and beat Goku's ass.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2020 at 6:05 AM, reib said:

I don't think Goku's powers have a magical component. He Is an alien who has trained a lot. That's all. Or i miss something?

Maybe about the part where he died and trained in the Land of the Dead before being resurrected by the Dragon Balls.

I would say that there is a pretty magical component to both. 

Maybe it would be best just to stop all alien versus alien violence.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:39 AM, FrauleinMental said:

Depends on what the story needs, who's writing it, and whose book/show it's in.  Just like every "Who would win?".  There are no objective measures of powers or power levels because writers (especially comic book writers) rewrite them whenever the character either needs a new power or needs not to have a power to further their story.  Even Superman's vulnerability to kryptonite varies widely by writer and story (as does his weakness against magic)--sometimes there are entire story arcs built around it, sometimes it's barely a nuisance.

If this is the case, I'd argue that any "Who would win?" discussions should only follow the original character creation of the writer/artist who made the character, or been officially approved/acknowledged by the original character creator. Any spin-offs, alternate dimensional, fanart/stories should be excluded from such discussions. What's to stop me, some random Joe, from sending a huge sum to DC comics granting me permission to write my own Superman comic where he is immune to kryptonite, gains true invincibility, and does become god incarnate? In that case, Superman would be indisputable as the winner, but it would be lame for discussion because I wrote a comic strip entirely off-course from the original character design that the creator intended. Same for Goku.

Edited by CU_Krow

1 hour ago, CU_Krow said:

If this is the case, I'd argue that any "Who would win?" discussions should only follow the original character creation of the writer/artist who made the character, or been officially approved/acknowledged by the original character creator. Any spin-offs, alternate dimensional, fanart/stories should be excluded from such discussions. What's to stop me, some random Joe, from sending a huge sum to DC comics granting me permission to write my own Superman comic where he is immune to kryptonite, gains true invincibility, and does become god incarnate? In that case, Superman would be indisputable as the winner, but it would be lame for discussion because I wrote a comic strip entirely off-course from the original character design that the creator intended. Same for Goku.

I'm not referring to Elseworlds, Earth-XXX, or fanfic (however well funded).  Just in DC Comics mainstream, Superman's powers have varied widely based on what the writer needed for a given story.  For that matter, it's not unique to Superman (he's just a convenient example) and it's not even unique to DC.  Character power levels vary so widely that (to paraphrase an old NFL saying) in any given issue, any character can beat any other character.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 2:39 PM, FrauleinMental said:

Just in DC Comics mainstream, Superman's powers have varied widely based on what the writer needed for a given story.

Super baking, super knitting, super kissing, super ventriloquism... I'm still 99% convinced that Crisis on Infinite Earths was really a cover to retcon some of the goofiest powers Superman developed over the decades.

George: "And then, he uses his super kiss to defeat-"
Marv: "That's it, I'm destroying the universe."

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.