Focused Feedback: Stance Selection

Jimmy

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • The most up-to-date version of the changes will be listed in the first post.
  • The changes in each build will be posted as replies.
    • Most changes from the previous beta build are listed in green.
      • Green text will become white text in the next set of patch notes.
    • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (ie: fixes / tweaks to new features) are listed in blue.
      • Blue text will be deleted in the next set of patch notes as it is only relevant to highlight changes between beta builds, not a changes from live.
    • Known issues are listed in purple.

Stance Selection

• In the tailor, a new Inherent_Stance.png.8287c6c638d7ab0516c8135170b1cb5e.png Stance power in the Inherent tab will allow you to select one of the following stances:
    • Ninja
    • Beast
    • Slide
  • This stance will apply to your character at all times, unless you activate a toggle with its own stance (eg: Beast Run)
    • As this stance is controlled by power customisation, you can select a different stance for each costume
  • A new non-stance version of Ninja Run is available from P2W:
    • Inherent_AthleticRun.png.7b69ff39f84cadbbd7e613d65a27af3e.png Athletic Run
      • Athletic Run leverages your athletic training, allowing you to move at a higher speed and jump greater distances. It is free if you do not already own Beast Run or Ninja Run; otherwise, it costs 1,000,000 inf.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy locked this topic
  • City Council

Build 3 - November 7th, 2020

Spoiler

Stance Selection

• In the tailor, a new Inherent_Stance.png.8287c6c638d7ab0516c8135170b1cb5e.png Stance power in the Inherent tab will allow you to select one of the following stances:
    • Ninja
    • Beast
    • Slide
  • This stance will apply to your character at all times, unless you activate a toggle with its own stance (eg: Beast Run)
    • As this stance is controlled by power customisation, you can select a different stance for each costume
  • A new non-stance version of Ninja Run is available from P2W:
    • Inherent_AthleticRun.png.7b69ff39f84cadbbd7e613d65a27af3e.png Athletic Run
      • Athletic Run leverages your athletic training, allowing you to move at a higher speed and jump greater distances. It is free if you do not already own Beast Run or Ninja Run; otherwise, it costs 1,000,000 inf.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy unlocked this topic

First off:   YES!

YESSS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

(Thank you!)

With these additions, since the Sprints are not unlocked by default, could we please have a Facemaker added to the starting area of the Breakout Tutorial, and a Crey Surgeon (since that would be more narratively appropriate than an Icon employee) added to the starting area of the Outbreak Tutorial, please?

Not sure what would be narrative appropriate for the Praetoria Tutorial or the I-fuggin'-hate-this (Ruining Galaxy City) Tutorial.  But, then again, Trainers are now change rooms, apparently, so maybe a narrative crux isn't entirely necessary.

Thanks for the consideration!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Inherent_AthleticRun.png.7b69ff39f84cadbbd7e613d65a27af3e.png Athletic Run

• Athletic Run leverages your crossfit training, allowing you to move at a higher speed and jump greater distances. It is free if you do not already own Beast Run or Ninja Run; otherwise, it costs 1,000,000 inf.

This is actually the in-game description and I love it.

• Like 3

Athletic Run is definitely failing to override stance occasionally.  For a bit it was 2-mississippi like clockwork, then suddenly it started flickering even more.  most of the time.  I had my details a bit confused.

Beast Stance

Athletic Run. 

Beast stance mostly wins out, with Athletic only occasionally and briefly asserting itself.

Of course, I'm not sure why you would choose Athletic Run but a non-standard stance.

Edited by Replacement

4 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Athletic Run is definitely failing to override stance occasionally.  For a bit it was 2-mississippi like clockwork, then suddenly it started flickering even more.  Of course, I'm not sure why you would choose Athletic Run but a non-standard stance.

Hey. I only test things to see if I can break them. No one ever said the things I test had to make sense. 🙂

EDIT: To clarify, Athletic Run with Ninja stance occasionally flickers back and forth between the two animations... However, if you draw a weapon... craziness ensues.

Edited by Mystic Fortune
  • Like 1

• City Council
40 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Hey. I only test things to see if I can break them. No one ever said the things I test had to make sense. 🙂

EDIT: To clarify, Athletic Run with Ninja stance occasionally flickers back and forth between the two animations... However, if you draw a weapon... craziness ensues.

Just fixed this. Enjoy the wonky animations until the next build 😄

• Haha 1

One of my reasons for using Ninja Run so much is that it mutes the "clippy clop" of footsteps which sound like high-heels even on barefooted characters.

If it would be possible to have Athletic Run without sound effects as an option, I would be even more grateful than I already am for this wonderful quality of life improvement's addition.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Just fixed this. Enjoy the wonk animations until the next build 😄

I tested the same combo with an Archery toon. In addition to cycling between the Athletic Run and Ninja stance animations, with his bow drawn the character would also switch to the Katana ready stance, wielding the bow with both hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mystic Fortune said:

I tested the same combo with an Archery toon. In addition to cycling between the Athletic Run and Ninja stance animations, with his bow drawn the character would also switch to the Katana ready stance, wielding the bow with both hands.

Is that like a new bow model?

3 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

It's always katana.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Sadly it's going to need to change. I didn't realise it was actually a brand when I wrote that 😄 I have only just been informed.

• Athletic Run leverages your intensely metal workout, allowing you...
  • Athletic Run leverages your P-60Z training, allowing you...
  • Athletic Run leverages your Nazi-punching physique, allowing you...
  • Athletic Run leverages the Justin Sinclair full core workout box set, allowing you...
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Athletic Run leverages your crossfit training, allowing you to move at a higher speed and jump greater distances. It is free if you do not already own Beast Run or Ninja Run; otherwise, it costs 1,000,000 inf.

"CrossFit" it a trademarked term, which may or may not be something you want to consider.

• Haha 3
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

It was nice to be able to use Ninja Run stance with Super Speed, however, I don't care much for always staying in that stance when not running around.

Is it possible to get the Ninja Run Stance as part of Super Speed customization?

• Like 2

Bug with the new stance stuff, you can break the passive stance so it stops functioning. Reproduce like this:
* Set your passive stance to something else, like Slide
* Force change your stance by turning on something like NR
* Zone
* You're now stuck in normal stance after you turn off NR (zoning again seems to fix it)

• Thanks 4