When is the new patch going live?

eldriyth

No E.T.A. yet.  The Devs have only just released Build 3, and are in need of players to do some more intensive and thorough testing and feedback processes.

Estimates from non-Devs range from late November to early January.

Personally, I really hope things don't get rushed.  There's a lot of ground to cover still.

• Like 1

It was placed in the public beta two weeks ago, so players like you and I will be testing it out and providing feedback and suggestions before it is officially released on the live shards. One way to improve the quality of content and the speed of the release is to assist our volunteer developers with play testing and reporting of any bugs. 

• Like 3

oh geez, did page six get bumped into Issue 27?

I was hoping:

• Page 6 is likely coming out soontm
  • Issue 27 is only in beta.

Page 6

Spoiler
On 9/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, Jimmy said:

Hello everyone!

Page 6 is almost ready for public testing, so it’s probably time to start talking about what’s in store. Today we’ve got a look at a new powerset, a discussion about our goals for game balance, and a developer diary from Piecemeal discussing the upcoming story arcs.

New Powerset: Sonic Manipulation
A new sonic-themed Blaster secondary with fairly well-rounded capabilities. It also features a Migraine mechanic, with many powers in the set having a small chance to inflict a short hold. This chance can be dramatically increased by using Sound Booster, the build up power of the set.

sonic1.thumb.png.7f7b9d4b9ad94f8079ca4231cf29cbbd.png

• SonicManipulation_SonicThrust.png.9e4a591b5c34a2a1c3f1b4b850901164.png T1: Sonic Thrust (Melee, Minor DMG(Smashing/Energy), Foe Knockback)
    • A focused attack of intense sonic power that violently sends a nearby foe flying. Deals minimal damage, but can be very effective. Recharge: Fast
  • SonicManipulation_StridentEcho.png.75c9a3d2baf66dc56a4f6678f31502e6.png T2: Strident Echo (Melee, Moderate DMG(Smashing/Energy), chance for Hold)
    • Strident Echo deals minor damage over time. It has a low chance of causing a migraine, leaving the target shaking in pain and helpless. Recharge: Slow
  • SonicManipulation_EchoChamber.png.74ddfc2d1e863d828fbc1afd5a17539f.png T3: Echo Chamber (Ranged, Minor DMG(Energy), Foe Hold)
    • Encases the target in a field of sonic waves, dealing energy damage and holding them in place. Recharge: Slow
  • SonicManipulation_BuildUp.png.5ac1803a482553b4063bc6c5f9f328df.png T4: Sound Booster (Self +DMG, +To Hit, +Special)
    • Greatly boosts your attacks for a few seconds. Slightly increases chance to hit. Moderately increases the duration of mez effects. Moderately increases the chance for Sound Manipulation powers to induce migraines. Recharge: Long
  • SonicManipulation_DeafeningCry.png.1ed9159d34ebd539dbc79579b21c6f71.png T5: Deafening Wave (Melee (AoE), High DMG(Smashing/Energy), chance for Hold)
    • You create a large field of sonic waves, causing damage to all foes around you. It has a moderate chance of causing migraines, leaving them shaking in pain and helpless. Recharge: Slow
  • SonicManipulation_SoundBarrier.png.9ef8c213294b607131edc0eea0eda332.png T6: Sound Barrier (Toggle: Self +Absorb, +Recovery, +Res(Smashing, Energy, Sleep))
    • Creates a barrier around the caster which reduces incoming energy and smashing damage, provides protection against sleep effects and grants an absorption shield. Recovery is also increased. Recharge: Moderate
  • SonicManipulation_DisruptionAura.png.09aab2c08162aeeb6929ee31545eed17.png T7: Disruption Aura (Toggle: Foe -Res)
    • You emit a constant wave of sonic energy around yourself, weakening the Damage Resistance of all nearby foes. Recharge: Moderate
  • SonicManipulation_SoundCannon.png.912ac105ddfc93265d3b76192ff67407.png T8: Sound Cannon (Ranged (Cone), Foe Stun, Knockback)
    • You generate a powerful sonic wave that will knock back and disorient foes in front of you for a short time. Recharge: Long
  • SonicManipulation_Earsplitter.png.3b66ed36b218381f48f436c1aa92e784.png T9: Earsplitter (Melee, Heavy DMG(Smashing/Energy), chance for Hold)
    • You generate an Earsplitting sound wave right in the face of your foe, inflicting great damage. It has a good chance of causing a migraine, leaving them shaking in pain and helpless. Recharge: Slow

sonic2.thumb.png.7db756c42944b5a0680925d2ca9d3656.png

Sonic Manipulation also comes alongside a set of changes to Blaster Manipulation sets. We’ve made a standardization pass on the strength of Blaster crowd control effects whilst also shoring up the damage and survivability of some lower performing sets.

Game Balance & The Endgame
Next up: We’re commonly asked what our goals are when it comes to game balance, so we’ve written a post explaining our goals, both for page 6 and the future.

Check out the post here!

Dev Diary - Piecemeal's Workshop of Horrors
You may have seen Piecemeal skulking about the forum, posting cryptic messages and poems…

chopshop.thumb.jpg.dacf086c5bbae6fb9cb292891496a0f1.jpg

Well, now it’s finally time for them to introduce themselves and what they’ve been working on. Head on over to this post for a peek inside their head - reader beware, they've got a very active imagination...

And that’s not all!
Page 6 has several more features coming with it, including…

unknown.png.7a7fffff07a81e90a4aec2e12e8828d6.png

- The Homecoming Team

Issue 27, Pgae 1

Spoiler
On 10/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, Jimmy said:

2400px-Issue27-fullsize.thumb.png.f4875f5b08783ddf2c9d32907b081e9d.png

Patch NotesBeta Server FAQFeedback Threads | Bug ReportsCharacter Copy

Beta Installation: Homecoming Launcher

Note: This needs to be installed to a new location (not your existing CoH install directory)

Hello everyone!

We're incredibly happy to announce that the beta for Page 1 of Issue 27: Second Chances is now available to test on the beta server.

What happened to Page 6 I hear you ask? Well, it was becoming too large to be just a page, and it was also the beginning of a new series of story content, so we decided it should instead be the beginning of the next issue - and thus, Issue 27: Second Chances was born.

Issue 27, Page 1 is in fact so large, that we've put together this post to cover the highlights in case you're too afraid to delve into the gargantuan patch notes thread.

We recommend using the new Homecoming Launcher to access the beta, but if you wish to use a legacy launcher (Tequila, etc), check out this thread.

New Story Arcs: The Graveyard Shift & The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok

Two new story arcs have been added to the game - one for heroes (The Graveyard Shift, level 20-29), and one for villains (The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok, level 30-39). These arcs are the first two instalments of the Freaklok storyline, introducing new contacts, enemy groups, mission maps and several unique mission mechanics!

screen0blue.thumb.jpg.dac10497d16359d6b82cd2304c29a017.jpg.0fe32e057099314f62e28401fc10caf6.jpg

screen1blue.thumb.jpg.0883a08b59fe7a515779c6dcc88e4903.jpg.39a45c0471b9c59f92f4867d020c812c.jpg

Costume Editor Update: Asymmetrical Shoulders

After adding asymmetrical gloves and boots in Issue 26, Page 5, we've now expanded the costume creator to also allow asymmetrical shoulder pads. Even more importantly, shoulder kittens are now available for Male and Huge characters... and you can have two of them at the same time!

costume_huge_1.thumb.png.357bc167bd763c4da53cb1e19d656ab4.pngcostume_male_2.thumb.png.d0cbb4065cf439cf73b926eb09a111bd.pngcostume_female_1.thumb.png.7d9e592466c159650141fcd74c3e3193.png

New Blaster Secondary Powerset: Sonic Manipulation

A new sonic-themed Blaster secondary with fairly well-rounded capabilities. It also features a Migraine mechanic, with many powers in the set having a small chance to inflict a short hold. This chance can be dramatically increased by using Sound Booster, the build up power of the set.

sonic1.thumb.png.2eb39b5dc27705b50c63dd6d7439ee84.png

Travel Changes: New Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Base Teleportation Updates and TUNNEL Updates

This patch brings several changes to travel throughout the game.

First of all: the GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode is no longer available for players to use unconditionally, and can now only be used when you would normally be able to enter a base (whilst near a base portal or after using a base transporter power) or whilst already inside a supergroup base. This means you can still use transport hubs, but you must first gain access to a base normally - through a power or by travelling to a portal.

Next, we've significantly increased the availability and utility of base beacons and base portals:

• 7 new base beacons have been added for zones in Praetoria and the Shadow Shard
  • 16 new base portals have been added - every zone with a base beacon now also has a base portal
  • Using a teleporter beacon now drops you near the base portal in that zone instead of at a random location on the map
  • Several existing base portals have been moved to more convenient locations

We've also added two new Supergroup Portal powers (one at the Pay 2 Win vendor, one from a day job). These powers allow you to summon a small temporary base portal that anyone can use (similar to an Ouroboros portal). Best of all: You can customize the colour!

screenshot_201020-20-41-23.thumb.jpg.6dc58f182b32c3a01cc5f66ba11e4f63.jpg

Who said size matters?

As part of the rework to the Teleportation pool, Long Range Teleport was removed from the pool, and instead has been reimplemented as an Accolade power. You earn this power by gathering exploration accolades - the first one will unlock the power with that zone as the first destination, and each subsequent one you earn will add that zone to the list of destinations (note that not every zone can be added, see the image below or the patch notes for the full list).

image.png.b790113f9c9d0fa5046bcf00351801d6.png

And finally, we've made several smaller improvements:

• Ouroboros can now be unlocked and accessed from level 1
  • Ouroboros portals now persist for a short while after you leave the zone, and they can be summoned whilst flying!
  • Cimerora can now be unlocked and accessed at level 1 (plus, it's now much easier to access due to several base portals being located at universities)
  • The hero and villain TUNNEL networks have been merged, and TUNNEL can now be used by Praetorians
  • The recharge and cast times of most prestige, temporary and day job teleporter powers (Pocket D VIP Teleporter, Base Transporter, etc) have been reduced

Overall, travel should now be more normalized. Although you can no longer instantly teleport from any location in the world, by using a combination of base portals, prestige powers, and the new accolade, travel around the game is still very fast, with many previously longer journeys (looking at you, Shadow Shard and Cimerora) now being much shorter.

Improvements to Enhancements

We've made a series of improvements to how you acquire, combine, and upgrade enhancements whilst levelling up.

First of all, we've significantly increased the availability of Single Origin Enhancements in the early game: Vendors will sell them from level 5 and story arcs now award SOs instead of TOs or DOs. The low-level SOs sold at Yin's market can now be used by characters of any origin, and are cheaper than SOs from other stores.

Secondly, combining enhancements is now a simpler process: Combining two enhancements will now simply increase the level of the enhancement, rather than creating a X+1 enhancement. This means you can now combine Hamidon, Titan and Hydra enhancements all the way up to level 53.

And thirdly, a feature we initially tested many months ago: the enhancement upgrade button. You can now easily upgrade all of your equipped enhancements directly in your enhancement management screen. This has the same effect as purchasing enhancements 3 above your current level and slotting them over all of your existing enhancements. See it in action below.

Enhancments.gif.cb2aeb7962a751fcc8e655c9e7c7c463.gif.b8db7b85a0cf72641ce5ec896785e14f.gif

And much, much more!

• Revamps for Energy Melee, Titan Weapons, Trick Arrow, Teleportation and Blaster Secondaries
  • Energy Melee proliferated to Scrappers
  • Expanded support for gamepads
  • 13 new badges
  • A fix for the city map (15 years too late)

Patch NotesBeta Server FAQFeedback Threads | Bug ReportsCharacter Copy

Installation: Homecoming Launcher

Note: This needs to be installed to a new location (not your existing CoH install directory)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I would say probably January, as its the holidays for the next 2 months and the Devs are unpaid volunteers with personal lives behind the GM title.  On the other hand, anything is possible for Soon©®™

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

7 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Silly @Troo.  @Jimmy explained that Page 6 is gone to the Americans!

Fixed that for you.

6 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I would say probably January, as its the holidays for the next 2 months and the Devs are unpaid volunteers with personal lives behind the GM title.  On the other hand, anything is possible for Soon©®™

I see.  You subscribe to the calendar I saw that show Nov 28-29 as 'Thanksgiving' with all the rest of November and December marked as 'Christmas'.  😛

Considering that this is the third version and each version has had less revisions, I would say . . . .  shortly.  (Hah!  I didn't say soon.)

And by 'shortly', I mean maybe just before Thanksgiving but probably early December before the Winter event starts.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

12 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Fixed that for you.

I see.  You subscribe to the calendar I saw that show Nov 28-29 as 'Thanksgiving' with all the rest of November and December marked as 'Christmas'.  😛

Considering that this is the third version and each version has had less revisions, I would say . . . .  shortly.  (Hah!  I didn't say soon.)

And by 'shortly', I mean maybe just before Thanksgiving but probably early December before the Winter event starts.

Naw, its a holiday right now.

National Corporate Retail Month ©®™

Black Friday and the pandemic together, companies are spreading out them deals and blowing it away.  Devs would be on the front lines to not miss out on a new coffee maker, in full Clone Trooper gear

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I think the Wal-Mart here in town subscribes to the calendar where Christmas music starts Nov. 1st at 12:00 am...

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:00 PM, eldriyth said:

When is the new patch on test going live? Digging the auto-update feature to enhancements and the focus on SO at early levels. Great changes to the game that need to be implemented asap.

Just wait tell all the testing is done. I like to take a break from the game when the update hits Ope beta. It feels better when you don’t have to constantly check. But if you must know. My best bet is about 4 to  8 weeks before it goes live when it leaves closed beta. Be patiant it’s a really big awesome update

Edited by Hops

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Cyberpunk-2077-coming-when-its-ready.png.640688aaa8cee0ebdaca760bf60ada73.png

Vous souhaitez rejoindre un canal de discussion 100% Français ?

Vous souhaitez faire des TF Chill ou 4 étoiles avec des Francophones de tout pays ?

Vous souhaitez avoir accès à la meilleure base de données avec les meilleurs builds et ressources en Français ?

"La lune Bleue" est le canal de discussion qu'il vous faut !

N'attendez plus ! Contactez nous en jeu, ou notre Discord  https://discord.gg/GwTeNMrz6z