The AT/Build you use for badging

The_Warpact

So...I have a build for everything in game, GM killa, team player, solo, farmers, merit farmer, pvp, etc. I figured what better place to ask than here in the Badge section. 

BUT, I don't have an AT in mind for a badger, and I seriously want to start one.

I know you need heals, good aoe for defeat badges, survivability especially against AV/GM, pvp, etc.

What do you use for your badger, I had a Demon/Therm MM in mind but, I'm unsure.

Thoughts?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I think it is good to remember that there are a number of badges that cannot be gained by soloing.

Also that the Incarnate sytem is very handy to plug gaps. (Heals on a blaster for the Empathy series for example)

In addition and to make life easier you need some general powers not AT specific, Stealth and a Fly power jump to mind, Vidiotmaps as well.

Many badges are also easy to get on any AT, explore badges and the AE ones.

So take all the above away and you are getting to the large bunch of badges that arrive from defeating stuff.

All my badging mains have been damage based and most are ranged.

AOE’s are your friend and so I usually end up with a blaster of sorts and Fire/EM seems to work for me.

I do not have any alts with all the badges but a few are just a couple short of that and all the missing ones are from the Incarnate Masters of series.

No best build or AT choice sorry, just a few things for your consideration before you start.

I am not sure if there are any AT’s that just cannot get all the badges, just some that might need a bit more team running.

Last but not least, whatever your choice, enjoy your badging 👍😀

• Thanks 1

There is really no best build/At for badging.  Any AT and power set can badge though some may be faster then others.

Some badges cannot be gained soloing: example the incarnate trial badges

In theory you could get the no defeat/no temp master badges from ITF/Liberty TF/RSF/Khan/Cuda/LGTF solo  but some AT/powersets will have a harder time then others at this. Best to team for these badges.

Damage received/taken: you will gain progress as you play and of course there are ways to farm these

Healing/hold/debt/money badges: can be farmed or gained through game play

Recluse Victory: get a team for the AV's in that zone, you could solo pillboxes and heavies after that

TF/SF's can be soloed now, but you may find it better to run these with a team

• Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

I figured with most would be with a team even the TF/SF, defeats, exploration, etc will be done either duo or teamed.

I was just trying to see what everyone ran, to see if their was a general consensus on AT. How many blasters or is their more controllers.

I actually should have done this as a poll and had the AT listed and see how it went. 

I might be looking way into this, maybe just hop on a build I enjoy and *poof* thats my badger.

• Like 1

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Hi, just two other bits,

I used Oreborus flame (the one in my SG base) a lot starting at first level and then on upwards. Soloed every piece of content on both blue and red side. You get a lot of badges doing that and a shedload of merits. It was really nice to see content I had previously outlevelled and never ran on Live and on HC.

I also unlocked the two contacts for Safeguard and Mayhem missions as early as I could, and so that saved doing a huge number of radio/paper missions just to get the bank jobs.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

My badger on homecoming is a rad/fire brute and on live I had 3, a ninja/dark MM (namesake, villain badger), fire/kin controller (hero badger), and fortunata, an extra badger i started out of boredom. The MM turned out to be a massive PitA, summoning, resummoning, and generally not a character I wanted to run for TFs anyways. If I did another badger on homecoming it would absolutely be my fire/fire blaster., because it is the character I enjoy playing most anyways. Having something that exemps exceptionally well is also very helpful because there is alot of things to do as a badger exemped to low levels. Healing abilities are absolutely not necessary, you can rebirth spam the wolf spiders in mercy for that.

• Thanks 1

Currently on fire.

• 2 months later
On 11/22/2020 at 8:15 PM, The_Warpact said:

So...I have a build for everything in game, GM killa, team player, solo, farmers, merit farmer, pvp, etc. I figured what better place to ask than here in the Badge section. 

BUT, I don't have an AT in mind for a badger, and I seriously want to start one.

I know you need heals, good aoe for defeat badges, survivability especially against AV/GM, pvp, etc.

What do you use for your badger, I had a Demon/Therm MM in mind but, I'm unsure.

Thoughts?

You do not need to have ANY heals for healing badges. A rebirth destiny can handle those, either in an MSR, getting the badges organically, or camping on the marching soldiers in Mercy, effectively farming the badges. 

In fact, you don't need any specific AT for badges. None of them are going to fare better than another for every badge. While something like a fire brute might be great for something like Tankbuster, most defeat badges aren't so easy to herd up and burn down. 

I have an ice/ice blaster with all of them. 
I have a fire/fire blaster that will have all of them, once Luna starts selling the anniversary badges in May. 
I have a shield/mace tank that will have all of them in May as well. 

My best advice is to find the AT powerset combo you like playing the most. Because you will have to play it a lot to get all the badges. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I figured teaming will be needed for a lot of the trial and some TF badges, and I've noticed whenever I've joined a team that was working on anything badge related my rad/rad defender badger seems to be the only support character.  That experience makes me put in a word for a debuffing character to speed up teams with AVs and GMs, and also fortunately a rad defender exemps very well, all your key powers come by level 10 if you build right.  

I agree with a previous statement that I'd only use a MM if I planned to solo a lot, I like MMs but even I agree they are a pain to speed run a lot of missions (run to end, summon and buff pets, defeat boss or room, dismiss, next mission, run to end, summon pets, buff, etc.).  I also don't love running them on larger teams, even I get problems figuring out what is going on.  Great for soloing normal missions if you aren't in a hurry, get interrupted often, and/or want to be able to solo EBs and maybe AVs.  

On 1/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, Ukase said:

My best advice is to find the AT powerset combo you like playing the most. Because you will have to play it a lot to get all the badges. 

So much this. My badger is an Inv/SS tank won the honors just because she's my favorite character thematically. But certainly not mechanically.

I'm happy she's all badged up now, but there were some serious self-hatred moments during the six month span it took to get to max.

If I had to do it all over? I'd probably use a Rad/Rad defender.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
a word
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

So much this. My badger is an Inv/SS tank won the honors just because she's my favorite character thematically. But certainly not mechanically.

I'm happy she's all badged up now, but there were some serious self-hatred moments during the six month span it took to get to max.

If I had to do it all over? I'd probably use a Rad/Rad defender.

This is my problem, I have multiple alts, so choosing which I want to be my badger is impossible. 

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
  • 5 months later

Looking for the bespoke marching soldiers on Mercy Island.  Would appreciate some guidance here.

EDIT: Found a trio of ally marching soldiers in Fort Cerberus near Ghost Widow's tower.  I can follow them and cast Rebirth on them.  But they have no damage, so no healing is done.  How can this be made to work?

I'm using Rebirth Partial Radial Invocation.  Would using a Rebirth with  +MaxHP do the trick?

Edited by Jacke

46 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Looking for the bespoke marching soldiers on Mercy Island.  Would appreciate some guidance here.

EDIT: Found a trio of ally marching soldiers in Fort Cerberus near Ghost Widow's tower.  I can follow them and cast Rebirth on them.  But they have no damage, so no healing is done.  How can this be made to work?

I'm using Rebirth Partial Radial Invocation.  Would using a Rebirth with  +MaxHP do the trick?

The big group you want is directly behind the spawn point for new characters in Mercy, up the ramp past the P2W vendor and to the right, over by Dollface lady. Sometimes there are groups of three sometimes all six are there. 

And you want the +Max HP on auto cast while on a strikeforce or Ouro mission so you don't get logged out afk.

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 9/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, Glacier Peak said:

The big group you want is directly behind the spawn point for new characters in Mercy, up the ramp past the P2W vendor and to the right, over by Dollface lady. Sometimes there are groups of three sometimes all six are there. 

And you want the +Max HP on auto cast while on a strikeforce or Ouro mission so you don't get logged out afk.

I'd figured out it was a +MaxHP Rebirth I wanted, so I crafted a Rebirth Partial Core Invocation.  EDIT: I should have gone with a Rebirth Total Core T3, as it has the 60ft radius and can cover more allies to heal.  The Partial Core only has a 30ft radius.

And thanks for pointing out that large group of soldiers in Mercy and the other points.  Got over 1,000 HP healing in just one cast.  Better positioning is gettnig around 9,000/cast now.  On an AE Task Force with my alternate account Spines/Fire Brute, so I'm grinding the Mentoring Badges at the same time. 🙂

Edited by Jacke
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Rebirth boosts you want to go for are the T3 Rebirth Total Core Invocation and the T4 Rebirth Core Epiphany.  They have the 60ft radius that allows hitting almost twice as many marching soldiers.

The T3 Rebirth Partial Core Invocation I was used gives the same +MaxHP and Heal over 90s as the Total Core does over 60s, but the Partial Core only has a 30ft radius.

Firstly, someone did a bit of a necro here, but I'll reply to the original post.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:15 PM, The_Warpact said:

ehh......  You don't really need any of those things.  You need a character to be your FAVORITE.

Back on live, one of the top badgers on Infinity was a mind/emp controller.  He sent me a tell one day that it was really hard doing some of the Ouro flashbacks with the challenge settings and asked if I wanted to duo them with him.  My badger is a broadsword/regen scrapper.  So we duoed most of those badges.  There are ALWAYS other badgers around with whatever power you don't have, who would love to work with someone to get the badges.

Having said that, any AT/build that can solo fast is a top choice.  Because there are over 1500 badges and you WILL be soloing a lot because you're going to be doing less popular content, grinding arcs, farming enemies, etc.

And, one additional thing that makes some badges easier - make a second account.  If you MUST have some particular power or AT, PL a character on the second account.  This gives you a lot of versatility.  It lets me work on some badges when hardly anyone else is online.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.