Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 - Out Now!

Jimmy

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

PowerPunch_BoneSmasher.png.4b5b0ff79881fce43094691d2d0bebf6.png Bone Smasher

• Cast time reduced from 1.5s to 1.27s

I thought it was supposed to be 1.17s? It also appears it's damage was lowered and is now the worst ST DPA in the set? Even Barrage which is tier 1 does more damage and DPA than this at tier 3 and is on a 6s rech, where bone smasher is 8s rech.. Also, 1.17s is a big deal, at least as far as my testing goes, only when followed attacks are within 2 seconds of the scrapper crit proc can you get a 3rd attack with the extra crit bonus. Can we also fix the proc to show an icon when the crit proc bonus is up.

Thank you for the continued support!

Side question. The weekly discussion ~2 weeks ago was regarding underperforming powersets that need a boost. Are the powersets mentioned in that thread being looked at for possible patch or hotfix in the near future?

Just now, Bionic_Flea said:

But Jimmy, think of the Hawaiians! 

https://prods3.imgix.net/images/articles/2017_05/nonfeatured-hawaiian-pizza-origins.jpg?auto=format,compress&dpr=1.2&ixjsv=2.2.3&q=75&w=750

Oh you *bleep*!

Now that is all I want. Pizza as it should be.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

15 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I thought it was supposed to be 1.17s? It also appears it's damage was lowered and is now the worst ST DPA in the set? Even Barrage which is tier 1 does more damage and DPA than this at tier 3 and is on a 6s rech, where bone smasher is 8s rech.. Also, 1.17s is a big deal, at least as far as my testing goes, only when followed attacks are within 2 seconds of the scrapper crit proc can you get a 3rd attack with the extra crit bonus. Can we also fix the proc to show an icon when the crit proc bonus is up.

It was never supposed to be 1.17s. I dont know where you got that number from.

Barrage doesn't do more damage. If you're looking up in game detailed info, barrage displays bad info. It is adding the fiery embrace damage when it shouldn't. This has been a known bug for a long time.

The DPA of Bone Smasher is still better than Barrage and is slightly better than Energy Punch (when you factor in arcanatime)

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

But Jimmy, think of the Hawaiians! 

https://prods3.imgix.net/images/articles/2017_05/nonfeatured-hawaiian-pizza-origins.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=1.2&ixjsv=2.2.3&q=75&w=750

That seriously looks delicious. Just add pepperoni

• Like 4

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Just now, Bopper said:

It was never supposed to be 1.17s. I dont know where you got that number from.

Barrage doesn't do more damage. If you're looking up in game detailed info, barrage displays bad info. It is adding the fiery embrace damage when it shouldn't. This has been a known bug for a long time.

The DPA of Bone Smasher is still better than Barrage and is slightly better than Energy Punch (when you factor in arcanatime)

Ah ok that's good to know i thought something was off. Regarding the animation time, I think i thought that based on other similar power dpa/dps like focus etc, plus makes it that 2 seconds with crit proc allowing for a 3rd boosted attack. In my testings, only within 2 seconds  can you get a 3rd attack out in that proc, even though the proc says 3 seconds. Is there any further details on this? Any time i've tested two attacks that were barely over 2 seconds, the 3rd attack never seemed to get the proc bonus.

I can't wait to check everything out! Wasn't expecting this already, ("Nobody expects the I27!") I'm excited to see all the new stuff!

Don't have time to really get into game now, but I tried to get a sonic name reserved, it was gone already 😮 Darn it, back to the...drawing board? That's not right 🤔.

Thank you everyone for all the hard work!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

Ah ok that's good to know i thought something was off. Regarding the animation time, I think i thought that based on other similar power dpa/dps like focus etc, plus makes it that 2 seconds with crit proc allowing for a 3rd boosted attack. In my testings, only within 2 seconds  can you get a 3rd attack out in that proc, even though the proc says 3 seconds. Is there any further details on this? Any time i've tested two attacks that were barely over 2 seconds, the 3rd attack never seemed to get the proc bonus.

My guess is it has to do with when the damage effect gets applied. At which point the timer starts on the proc. So if the damage is applied late in the animation you might get to fit 3 attacks in if they are quick enough, but that would be tough. You can use RubyRed's tool (link in signature) to find the animation hit time of powers. 

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

My guess is it has to do with when the damage effect gets applied. At which point the timer starts on the proc. So if the damage is applied late in the animation you might get to fit 3 attacks in if they are quick enough, but that would be tough. You can use RubyRed's tool (link in signature) to find the animation hit time of powers. 

I have thought that in the past too, and though it's been a while I was pretty sure that it seemed to be 2 seconds for each i've test. As long as with arcanatime, crit proc on TF, i can get EP, BS, and then ET in the crit proc duration i'll be happy, but may need that .1s shaved off to do it if it's like my other tests.

57 minutes ago, Dispari said:

Is this a good place to report bugs? (If not, can someone show me where?)

Now that Issue 27 Page 1 has released, bugs should be reported in the Bug Reports forum.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/32-bug-reports/

thanks for the update

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Ok it is absolutely time to make a combat-teleporting /martial blaster. Six mini teleports!!! If anyone needs me I'll be in the character creator for the next three hours choosing a primary set and messing around with asymmetrical shoulder pieces 😄

• Like 2