Energy Melee question

Generator

You can still skip Barrage.

• Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 minute ago, Generator said:

Okay, even if I skip Hasten?  I always find that "Ship the lowest attack" thing to feel quite gappy.

Barrage's is by far the worst attack in terms of DPA. The only reason to take it is for low level play and/or to utilize its EF spender for the guaranteed mag 3 stun and the debuffs. But overall, your ST attack chain will likely only use Total Focus, Energy Transfer, Energy Punch, and Bone Smasher. You might also include an epic snipe if you need to fill out any gaps. Whirling Hands, Power Crash and possibly an Epic would be used for AoE. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

I skipped Build Up on my Invuln/EM Tank. In fact I almost never get Build Up on a tank. Doing damage isn't my prime directive.

I wouldn't skip it on a Scrapper or Blaster obviously, damage is their job.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

23 hours ago, Generator said:

Just wondering, with the change to make "Stun" into "Power Crash," are there any skippable powers in EM now?  Stun was always my go-to to pass over if I was tight for power choices.

Later,

Generator

yes

for a scrapper: barrage, confront, power crash, buildup. (in order, most likely to be skipped first)

Spoiler

Power Order

1. PowerPunch_EnergyPunch.png.44e985fa5f4304be9efb9290b00df6c3.png Energy Punch
  2. PowerPunch_Quick.png.0b2c404e5c8c09c113c0e5e82582ccd1.png Barrage
  3. PowerPunch_BoneSmasher.png.4b5b0ff79881fce43094691d2d0bebf6.png Bone Smasher
  4. PowerPunch_BuildUp.png.d545160103b98782e3803d7bbbdf5f6c.png Build Up
  5. PowerPunch_PowerCrash.png.a4d5d6bb685de2aa8ffb1941928fdd09.png Power Crash
  6. PowerPunch_Taunt.png.c1f6a4133067d367c6eb7b053278543b.png Confront
  7. PowerPunch_Flurry.png.0266af4c305c8b2d37103a3ad915e3d2.png Whirling Hands
  8. PowerPunch_TotalFocus.png.e155c20e6f19deb0c692462ed94e6020.png Total Focus
  9. PowerPunch_EnergyTransfer.png.28fb635ca16499cd48a65ad885598dde.png Energy Transfer

Edited by Troo
fixed order

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Power Crash is a leveling power on Brutes, Tankers and scrappers. Any aoe as Fireball, Ball Lightning or Dark Obliteration will be a better choice, Maths wise.

It's still a viable power.

The only AT where PC is an Absolute Must Have is on Stalker.

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

On 12/2/2020 at 3:04 PM, Bopper said:

Barrage's is by far the worst attack in terms of DPA.

Can you explain this more? I'm leveling a baby EM scrapper and would like to understand how to better evaluate the choices.

The in-game numbers appear to refute this statement. What isn't being taken into account in the numbers here?

Thanks!

image.png.38563f362b59879e09e3f4f9f9bb86fa.png

image.png.4cee1143d3e20df2713e3bf0de35f6a0.png

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

15 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Can you explain this more? I'm leveling a baby EM scrapper and would like to understand how to better evaluate the choices.

The in-game numbers appear to refute this statement. What isn't being taken into account in the numbers here?

Thanks!

You need to treat the ingame numbers with a bit of scrutiny - in the case of these powers they're incorrectly factoring in extra damage. Barrage's DPA for a Scrapper at level 50 is 62.09, even though the ingame numbers say 94.72. Energy Punch's DPA is 87.43 despite ingame numbers showing 93.08.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

29 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Thanks!

image.png.38563f362b59879e09e3f4f9f9bb86fa.png

image.png.4cee1143d3e20df2713e3bf0de35f6a0.png

It's a display bug common amongst DoTs which adds in Fiery Embrace damage erroneously. Here are previous comments on the bug. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later
On 12/2/2020 at 7:04 PM, Bopper said:

Barrage's is by far the worst attack in terms of DPA. The only reason to take it is for low level play and/or to utilize its EF spender for the guaranteed mag 3 stun and the debuffs. But overall, your ST attack chain will likely only use Total Focus, Energy Transfer, Energy Punch, and Bone Smasher. You might also include an epic snipe if you need to fill out any gaps. Whirling Hands, Power Crash and possibly an Epic would be used for AoE. 

@Bopper i'm toying with the idea of an EM/Rad scrapper that would use proc'd Rad Therapy and Ground Zero for (moar) AOE ... in that case, would you suggest skipping either Whirling Hands or Power Crash?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

@Bopper i'm toying with the idea of an EM/Rad scrapper that would use proc'd Rad Therapy and Ground Zero for (moar) AOE ... in that case, would you suggest skipping either Whirling Hands or Power Crash?

I'd be fine with that. Probably would skip PC.

• Like 1