Describe City of Heroes in a Sentence

Latex

On 1/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, Giovanni Valia said:

City of Heroes is a mmorpg with a superhero/ supervillain theme. Done.

For folks who are completely ignorant of MMORPGs, I usually say: "It's like World of Warcraft, except with super-heroes."  Everybody has a general idea of what WoW is, so that's usually enough to get the conversation started.

For folks who are familiar with MMORPGs, I usually say: "It's like WoW, except with super-heroes and you don't have to grind for gear."  That's usually enough to kill the conversation. 😒

• Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 1/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, ScarRee said:

It's a very old MMO who's character creator still outshines most modern day MMO's. 

Classy, classic, nigh immortal...but not "very old", please.  Those are immediate turn-off words, and someone might tune out the rest of your accurate message.  At least use "gracefully aged" or "aged like fine wine".  😁

It's like Death By Chocolate, soaked in the finest espresso liquor...and wrapped in the highest-quality bacon.  Well, actually...it's better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Been a VERY long time since I've seen anyone say "Ready!" while playing.  

I've used a couple times in the past two weeks or so!  I've also seen it from other players - when we didn't just start steamrolling the second two plus players had entered the instanced map anyway.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

It's a superhero construction set with an attached MMORPG style game.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291