What the patch has changed for me

DougGraves

Travel changes

• I cannot get to redside easily (or back).  I can't just go to Pocket D and switch.  So I have not joined the red teams I have seen.  I could make a redside character but don't bother.
  • I do get the long distance teleporter by running around Atlas and going to other spots.  This is the only time I spend on any characters doing something that is not fun and is therefore the only real investment I feel that would stop me from deleting and recreating a character.  But it does not take much time and gives me something to do while I am waiting for a team.  So I do not have a problem with it.

SO changes

• I've stopped using the IO system entirely.  Now I can SO at level 12 from the store right next to Miss Liberty and then just keep upgrading as needed.  This is very convenient and makes enhancements much simpler.  So now I can just sell all of my salvage and recipes and ignore the library.  I like this.  And I imagine those who use IOs just keep on using IOs without caring about the change.  Good change.

Athletic Run

• I noticed it after the patch, so I assume it came in this patch.  Finally running quickly without beast or ninja run.  I really like it.  I does mean I am remaking most of my characters so they have it instead of ninja run.  My ninjas and beasts of course remain as is.

Overall nice quality of life improvements. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

Pocket D is still easily accessible.   Either use base portals or go to Kings Row, Talos, etc.  All you have to do is get there once, spend an hour and you have the temp power.

This. Work on costumes and such in Pocket D until the badge drops.

46 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

SO changes

• I've stopped using the IO system entirely.  Now I can SO at level 12 from the store right next to Miss Liberty and then just keep upgrading as needed.  This is very convenient and makes enhancements much simpler.  So now I can just sell all of my salvage and recipes and ignore the library.  I like this.  And I imagine those who use IOs just keep on using IOs without caring about the change.  Good change.

While I would rather stop breathing than give up IOs, you’re exactly the type of player that I thought of for that new system when I tested it. I am glad that it worked out for you.😁

• Like 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

52 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

Pocket D is still easily accessible.   Either use base portals or go to Kings Row, Talos, etc.  All you have to do is get there once, spend an hour and you have the temp power.

Your definition of easily accessible is very different than my definition of easily accessible.

• Confused 8

9 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Your definition of easily accessible is very different than my definition of easily accessible.

Back in the day the two tram lines were completely unconnected and you had to run halfway across Steel to change lines... it's still easier than it was on (early) live!

I'm old and horrible but I like having to travel sometimes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I’m not trying to be antagonistic. I’m honestly curious how pocket d is less accessible than before i27.  What makes it less accessible with i27?  

Is it just the lack of being able to use the basscode prompt TP from anywhere? I have found that even just having the base TP has been enough since it has a fairly short cooldown. 

I’m with you on the SO changes though. I slot them up at level 2 and keep them until I’m in my 30s. Then I transition over to IOs. The SO change alone kindled an interest in the low level game and I have since leveled up 5-6 toons without any power leveling of any sort due to this. The SO change along with the EM changes are my favorite things about i27. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Get on Tram

Pick Kings Row

Exit tram station

Fly, jump, run, or teleport to the left 

Look for a parked truck in a dirt lot

Click on the truck's back doors

You're in Pocket D

It's different red side, but whether hero or villain, the Pocket D doorways is marked on each of the six maps they're available. In Port Oakes, the Pocket D entrance is northwest of the eastern ferry, about 100 yards. It's 461 yards east of the western ferry, almost directly straight

Once you get an exploration badge inside Pocket D you can use your long range teleport to go there whenever you want

1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

Back in the day the two tram lines were completely unconnected and you had to run halfway across Steel to change lines... it's still easier than it was on (early) live!

I'm old and horrible but I like having to travel sometimes.

Remember when Founders' Falls didn't have a tram? Independence Port only had one tram? 

Everything is so accessible these days.

Also, SOs from level 2 and the ability to just click upgrade is fantastic, and I keep it up until like 32 I think? I don't usually slot IOs below 35 and then sets as needed or available.

Edited by BelleSorciere
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

I’m honestly curious how pocket d is less accessible than before i27

I'm going to guess it has something to do with being unable to purchase the Pocket D teleporter as it's been removed and replaced with LRT which requires one additional step to unlock Pocket D as a destination.

Though, honestly, this person just sounds like they never want to leave Atlas Park if they can't just teleport anywhere from it after running DFB to 16/getting PL'd in AE and buying the appropriate P2W powers. I hate to be this dismissive but I have hard time wrapping my head around the idea that something having one extra, simple step is somehow taking things far enough to be a major inconvenience to them otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

You spent more time crafting your OP than it would take to:

1.) Go to the Atlas P2W vendor

2.) Spend 5,000 inf to purchase 30 minutes of Jetpack time

3.) Put the Jetpack button on your bar

4.) Travel to Pocket D via:

- Any of the Pocket D doors in other zones

- SG Base portal

5.) Transit through the ski door (like you would to participate in Winter events there)

6.) Click the Jetpack button to turn your Jetpack on

7.) Fly up and back towards the Pocket D dancefloor structure 

8.) Ram into the floating box truck near the driver's side door -> giving you an explore badge for Pocket D, thus enabling the Pocket D option in the LRT power

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BelleSorciere said:

Get on Tram

Pick Kings Row

Exit tram station

You're in Pocket D

Heck, I'll go you one better. 

> go to base

> take portal to PD

> profit

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I cannot get to redside easily (or back).  I can't just go to Pocket D and switch.  So I have not joined the red teams I have seen.  I could make a redside character but don't bother.

Just stay Vigilante. You can still get and do all the Blue missions, and you can join Red missions. The only thing you cannot do is get your own Red missions, but you did not mention doing that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LiquidBandage said:

8.) Ram into the floating box truck near the driver's side door -> giving you an explore badge for Pocket D, thus enabling the Pocket D option in the LRT power

I did not know that. Good tip. That is what I will do with all my newbie alts.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VV said:

I did not know that. Good tip. That is what I will do with all my newbie alts.

There's another exploration badge in PD that works as well.  IIRC it's upstairs by the couch in the back of the monkey fight club.  No flight pack necessary.

Also for getting to PD easily from AP you can still use the old base macros if you're near a base portal.  So use the same one you always did, but just run over to the base portal in AP, click your macro, then go to PD from there.  Not that much of a run, and far less than traveling to KR first.

Edited by carroto
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, VV said:

Heck, I'll go you one better. 

> go to base

> take portal to PD

> profit

Just stay Vigilante. You can still get and do all the Blue missions, and you can join Red missions. The only thing you cannot do is get your own Red missions, but you did not mention doing that.

Yeah, true. It's extremely easy. 

I never think of bases because I generally never go into them. That's just me and my ancient live game habits.

And yes, the powers for alignment are nice but really not much reason to be hero or villain when the other alignments let you do the missions you want and team with anyone anywhere.

1 hour ago, BelleSorciere said:

Get on Tram

Pick Kings Row

Exit tram station

You're in Pocket D

Go to Atlas base portal

Use any of the transport-base passcodes

Pick the Pocket D teleporter

You're in Pocket D

As long as someone hasn't gotten creative enough about pulling the Vahzilok or Hellions to get them past the police drones and up onto the plaza, you don't even have the modest gauntlet of Clockwork and Skulls to get past to get to the base portal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Without sounding antagonistic in reference to your first point, is it because you are comparing the convenience of using an exploit to the post patch travel changes?

It is comparing the ease of using a free macro in my controls to get to a base that has a teleporter to Pocket D to the post patch travel.  Which is the change made in the patch.

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

You do realize that the base macros still work if you're right beside a supergroup portal, correct?

No, I have never used supergroup portals to even know where they are as I am not in a SG.  But I will find one and try that, thanks.

1 hour ago, LiquidBandage said:

You spent more time crafting your OP than it would take to:

1.) Go to the Atlas P2W vendor

2.) Spend 5,000 inf to purchase 30 minutes of Jetpack time

3.) Put the Jetpack button on your bar

4.) Travel to Pocket D via:

- Any of the Pocket D doors in other zones

- SG Base portal

5.) Transit through the ski door (like you would to participate in Winter events there)

6.) Click the Jetpack button to turn your Jetpack on

7.) Fly up and back towards the Pocket D dancefloor structure 

Don't even need a jetpack.  There's another explore in the upper floor of the monkey fight ring.  No travel necessary.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The old base passcodes still work if you:

• are near any permanent base portal
  • have recently activated the Base Transporter p2w power or the day job equivalent
  • are near a summoned base portal from the Supergroup Portal p2w power or the day job equivalent
  • have recently activated the Long Range Teleporter power
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

No, I have never used supergroup portals to even know where they are as I am not in a SG.  But I will find one and try that, thanks.

This is not directed to you, specifically.  But this whole thread makes me sad and wonder exactly how much lasting damage was done to the game by letting the base macro exploit remain in the game as long as it was.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1