Destruction rains from the heavens!

Black Zot

Hailstorms.  Thunderclouds.  Meteors.

One classic way in fiction of marking a character as a scary mofo is to give them the ability to call down ruin from the skies.  It plays into that primal sense of wonder and fear people naturally have when they look up and see that vast, ever-shifting tableau looming overhead.  It also implies quite a bit of power to be able to forego attacking directly in favor of just waving one's hands and letting the heavens handle the rest.  Plus it's just really darn cool.

City of Heroes, of course, has its own share of powers that do this - mostly rain powers, but some of the available summons also fit the bill.  So, fellow heroes, villains, and other assorted power-wielders, what's YOUR favorite way to drop the sky on some unfortunate sod?

I played Storm/Water to 50 and it always feels epic... one minor problem is that you can't really see the screen under all the sploosh.

• Haha 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I couldn't decide so I made Yelo Snow, a storm/ice defender.  With Snow Storm, Freezing Rain,  Ice Storm, Lightning Storm, and Blizzard, the guy has elemental options.  Tornado is of course available when he doesn't want them wet. 😶

• Haha 1

-- Rock

Probably Storm's Lightning cloud, but I really prefer to be more in-your-face about calling down the vexation on some foe, like through a blast to the face or a broad sword to the face.  Or bots to the face, that's fun too.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Or bots to the face, that's fun too.

So... your suggestion for replacing Repair is to give Bots a "Rocket Charge" power where they use those jets normally used to return to base, to do a high-damage charge at an opponent? 100% Knockdown, Stun, and high damage? Affects all bots of a given tier?

• Like 1

Well it is now.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yes.

23 hours ago, Coyote said:

So... your suggestion for replacing Repair is to give Bots a "Rocket Charge" power where they use those jets normally used to return to base, to do a high-damage charge at an opponent? 100% Knockdown, Stun, and high damage? Affects all bots of a given tier?

Make it so, Number One!! 👍🏻😄😁

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 1/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, Rishidian said:

Anyway,  I tend to think of my Geyser as my Forced Water Enema.

->No Strain, No Pain: Just let it drain

Yes officer, this post right here.

• Haha 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 1/20/2021 at 2:53 PM, Black Zot said:

Hailstorms.  Thunderclouds.  Meteors.

One classic way in fiction of marking a character as a scary mofo is to give them the ability to call down ruin from the skies.  It plays into that primal sense of wonder and fear people naturally have when they look up and see that vast, ever-shifting tableau looming overhead.  It also implies quite a bit of power to be able to forego attacking directly in favor of just waving one's hands and letting the heavens handle the rest.  Plus it's just really darn cool.

City of Heroes, of course, has its own share of powers that do this - mostly rain powers, but some of the available summons also fit the bill.  So, fellow heroes, villains, and other assorted power-wielders, what's YOUR favorite way to drop the sky on some unfortunate sod?

How about one that throws a moon at a single target.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

The Storm Elelemental Lore pets are some of my favorites.  You dont have to try to explain "this random guys" in your backstory working for you.  Works with a lot of power concepts.  I wish the Phantoms were actually anything ghost like.  They are just a couple of bland tight wearing helpers.  Really?  But Storm elementals work well.

• Like 1