Make stone armour up to date....

Bleuz

Remove the -speed is the big one..(dont like being forced to take teleport in today's way of playing or on live)

-rechage I can accept you are a giant stone. Makes sence I'd like to see the impact less but ok with how it is. Hard to move when your mad of rock.

-dam maybe dial it down to less negative you are being hit by a wall of stone. If anything it should be a dam boost. 

Plz anyone add comments and input. It's a hard to kill and amazing set but under used. P.s after fixes or changes want it on a stalker lol.

Edited by Bleuz

So here's the thing about Granite... you can cap Resistance, Defense, and overcome all of the penalties of the form.  If they remove/lessen the penalties they would probably have to lower the base Defense/Resistance, which I don't want to see.

• Haha 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

43 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

So here's the thing about Granite... you can cap Resistance, Defense, and overcome all of the penalties of the form.  If they remove/lessen the penalties they would probably have to lower the base Defense/Resistance, which I don't want to see.

I have a Dark Armor Tank with resistances capped to everything but toxic.  only 74% there.  (pre incarnate...) and it flies.  in combat.  all the time.   I could probably rework my Dark / Dark Brute (my main) to cap them all, but he is seriously really Tanky as is.  I do not want to sacrifice anything to chase (?how much?) survivability increase.

Edited by Snarky

It's a set that really needs to be redone from the ground up. You could do something fresh and cool with it but you'd need to take a step back and really evaluate how the set is supposed to play and feel. You could tweak numbers to just make it a regular decent set and ignore that either Granite obviates the other toggles or the toggles and much easier IO bonuses render Granite superflous like all the other T9s, but I don't think that sounds very satisfying. Easier work, though.

I must be strange then.

I LIKE stone armour as a set.  It's not as bland as a lot of other sets end up feeling, it has strengths and weaknesses both.  It was also the second toon I remade on HC, after getting my main to 50.

Then again, I spend 95% of my time (outside of stuff like tanking Antimatter in Keyes) in the normal armours and save Granite for when it's needed.

When you get it working for you, the combination of mez protection to everything bar fear, lots of +regen, a mahoosive heal with +maxHP (which boosts your regen more), nigh on end drain immunity and (with effort) soft capped defence to S/L/E/N/Psi.  And then, if things go bad, THEN I can go Granite assuming no significant psi damage is around.  And the price for that?  you get to play piano with your toggles until you get the endurance situation sorted, and you either take teleport and get used to its quirks, or you turn off mez protection to travel.

The fact I can go get cathartic revenge on the Carnival of Shadows for old issue 3/4 traumas is entirely a side bonus.

Edited by Li_Sensei
typo fix
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Li_Sensei said:

The fact I can go get cathartic revenge on the Carnival of Shadows for old issue 3/4 traumas is entirely a side bonus.

You just like to hear them scream.

Wait, that might be me.

On topic, I have an MA/Granite brute because kicks to the head while in granite armor is hilarious. It's also ridiculous. I can do an eagle's claw but I can't hop over a curb.

It needs a complete rework and a lowfx option for granite that doesn't stick you in a completely different costume.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I can't hop over a curb.

It needs a complete rework and a lowfx option for granite that doesn't stick you in a completely different costume.

These are the two main things that completely kill the set for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

15 hours ago, Bleuz said:

Remove the -speed is the big one..(dont like being forced to take teleport in today's way of playing or on live)

-rechage I can accept you are a giant stone. Makes sence I'd like to see the impact less but ok with how it is. Hard to move when your mad of rock.

-dam maybe dial it down to less negative you are being hit by a wall of stone. If anything it should be a dam boost. 

I like my Stone/SS Tank. Granted it took a lot of influence to make it playable but it's a lot of fun. I disagree about the -speed and -recharge. There should be some cost to the massive amount of resistance you get with Granite and Rooted. I do agree with the -dam. Thematically it doesn't make sense, and it seems like overkill to me on the above mentioned cost. 

In the thread that @SeraphimKensailinked there were some complaints about Granite replacing the way your character looks. I would love to see, as some suggested, some alternates for the way Granite looks but am otherwise totally ok with that mechanic. It's what happens in the comics and can be considered part of the 'cost'. 

7 minutes ago, loyalreader said:

In the thread that @SeraphimKensailinked there were some complaints about Granite replacing the way your character looks. I would love to see, as some suggested, some alternates for the way Granite looks but am otherwise totally ok with that mechanic. It's what happens in the comics and can be considered part of the 'cost'. 

Transparent crystal granite armor where you can see your character could be cool, or amber.

• Like 1

Just now, Galaxy Brain said:

TBH, how would you all feel if Granite's stats were halved, both the good and the bad, but it allowed you to use some of the other earth armor powers?

I've have to look at the numbers but off the top of my head sounds reasonable so long that Granite can jump/fly and not be slowed down.

4 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

TBH, how would you all feel if Granite's stats were halved, both the good and the bad, but it allowed you to use some of the other earth armor powers?

Lose all the movement penalties on rooted and I'm in. Make it like grounded from elec where you still have to be on the ground for it to function fully.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Lose all the movement penalties on rooted and I'm in.

This.  I couldn't play Stone Armor because of Rooted.  Don't like having to use teleport to get around.  Not only in combat but around zones as well.  Otherwise if I happen to run by and accidentally aggro a mezzing mob I could get into trouble just getting from place to place.  Quite annoying.

I could live with the penalties in Granite.  If Rooted allowed decent movement I could play with the other toggles much of the time and use Granite situationally when needed.

On a Tanker:

20% def (all but psy) > 10% def

50% res (all but psy) > 25% res

Mag 10 KB/Mag 22 Stun/Sleep/Hold/Immob > Mag 5 KB/Mag 11 Stun/Sleep/Hold/Immob

43.25% DDR > 21.63% DDR

-65% rech > -32.5% rech

-30% dam > -15% dam

-10mph run speed > -5mph (going off mids atm I dont see the real numbers)

-10ft jump height > -5ft

On a Brute:

15% def (all but psy) > 7.5% def

37.5% res (all but psy) > 18.75% res

Mag 10 KB/Mag 17.3 Stun/Sleep/Hold/Immob > Mag 5 KB/Mag 8.65 Stun/Sleep/Hold/Immob

43.25% DDR > 21.63% DDR

-65% rech > -32.5% rech

-30% dam > -15% dam

-10mph run speed > -5mph (going off mids atm I dont see the real numbers)

-10ft jump height > -5ft

43 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And what's doubly amusing ... ever see a landslide? A lava flow? Earth can haul ass under the right conditions.

Yeah, when the potential energy of height is converted to the kinetic energy of motion...hence the need for a pocket Kinetics player. 😝

• Haha 2

1. -Rech makes some sense, but -Dam is ludicrous.  It's a goddamn ROCK.  If it can move at all, it's going to hit like a fucking truck.  I'm not big on lateral changes, especially to something that's all but useless in its present state, but -ToHit makes a million times more sense than -Dam.

2. The loss of mobility makes it unplayable for me.  You should be able to at least SOMEWHAT move with Granite/Rooted running together, considering one's all but useless without the other.  Needing teleport or outside buffs just to make a simple sidestep didn't make sense when the set was created, and it sure as hell didn't gain any sense since then.

Edited by Black Zot
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

1. -Rech makes some sense, but -Dam is ludicrous.  It's a goddamn ROCK.  If it can move at all, it's going to hit like a fucking truck.

Put your truck in neutral, have a (good) friend stand a foot in front of it, and then push the car with all your strength at your friend. I am not thinking that is really going to cause a lot of damage to your buddy.

I think the notion (and mind you, I am not supporting it, just trying to explain it) is that while you are not granite, your strength is going fully into your attacks. Once you become granite some of your strength is taken up just making your limbs move, so less energy is available for melee attacks.

Edited by Erratic1

What I find interesting is that Rooted originally existed in time where Unyielding was Unyielding Stance and didn't let you move at all, making Rooted the "I want to be able to walk around with my mez protection" power. That didn't last very long though but some reason the original devs thought Rooted slowing you down had to stay in order to "fit the flavor" or whatever.

I don't think flavor should get in the way of fun when it comes to key powers, especially after Power Customization was a thing. I color my DA Tank's armors into a sandy color for an "earth armor" concept and while the set itself still has its strengths as a Negative/Psy Resist set, the graphics completely sell the "I cover myself in gravel/sand" look.

Rooted is a relic of the past, much like the set itself.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

18 hours ago, Bleuz said:

Plz anyone add comments and input. It's a hard to kill and amazing set but under used. P.s after fixes or changes want it on a stalker lol.

Ok...

Nerf resist in half.

There, done. Sound good?