The Ultimate!!! ...thing you never got around to. Or dropped after half hour

Snarky

There are a few things in the game I always have bounce through my head as things I would really enjoy.  Taking the time to learn Masterminds (and I would do it if we had a pure zombie horde!  - err, probably) Or taking a Assault Rifle Traps Blaster all the way through the game solo.  Learning how to build intricate death traps into every map and pulling the mobs to destruction.  

Share your great "Never really got around to it" ideas with me.  And all of us.  That way we can all think.  "Hey, you know what I should do..."  Before heading into Character Gen for our thousandth variation of the same toon...

Want to 

Retry my Ice/Sonic controller solo.  Ran him pre-inherent Fitness and while fun on teams he couldn't fight his way out of the low 20's solo without gasping for air trying to kill anything.  My Empaths had/have it easier, faster and safer running solo.

I've done an all AR/Dev team (anywhere from 3 to 6 of us) with friends to 50 (pre-Incanate but well after IO sets existed).  Was crazy with the quantity of tripmines we could lay down (30 or 40 easily ... 80+ was doable with all 6 running).  We would pull entire multi-level rooms into literal mine fields via Sniper attack and Time Bomb.  AR/Traps would be very interesting solo (or teamed together).  Did I miss it (dead computers ... ) HCwiki doesn't list Traps as a blaster proliferation?  Be happy to do it as a Defender or Corruptor in any case.

See 3+ Fire/Sonics running as a theme team.  Bonus if 1 of the remaining 5 was a Fire/Kin 😈

Dark/Cold controller 

SR/Claws tank

Ill/Traps controller 

Nature/× possibly Fire or Ice or ?

Okay got to stop there or this could go on for hours ... .

• Haha 1

• I always meant for my next scrapper to be claws/regen. Of course in the meantime something else would always catch my attention (insert distracted boyfriend meme); in fact, we'll get to one of them here in a bit. I finally made the character in the weeks leading to the shutdown, but never did more than get her out of the tutorial.
  • From when psychic blast got proliferated to blasters, I wanted to make a psy/mm blaster. Again, the character got made just before the end and never seriously played.
  • One double XP weekend I made my project getting six villains to level 15 so my main could farm them in BB for reputation, and one of them was a bots/ff mastermind. I saw potential in the idea but made the mistake of making a completely passive character, and always wanted to try again.
  • I fell in love with kinetic melee the first time I saw someone playing it and always wanted one. A kin/en scrapper was the very last character I started leveling up, but only got to level 7.

I've recreated all these characters on Homecoming, and have gotten to 44 with the bots/ff mastermind. It's a lot of fun now that I can keep myself entertained by pew pewing when I'm not bubbling.

• Like 2

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

These are my current "project" characters-

1) Iron Man mode-only powers that are real world based (gadgets/weapons/skills etc.  Crafting and slotting drops only.  No rez, dead is dead.  No P2W or temp powers, unless they drop as mission rewards.  Currently parked at level 9, because I'm terrified to play him 🙂

2) Stalker leveling through all the tip and alignment missions.

3) Stalker leveling through the 'Good Missions" guide

4) Corrupter leveling through only Goldside content

5) Corrupter leveling through only TFs (and eventually SFs), trying to do every TF/Trial in the game (I have a spreadsheet and everything 🙂 )

6) Alt to be named later to run through the "Bad Missions" guide.

7) Alt to be named later to level to 50 only doing AE story missions

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gourdhead said:

1) Iron Man mode-only powers that are real world based (gadgets/weapons/skills etc.  Crafting and slotting drops only.  No rez, dead is dead.  No P2W or temp powers, unless they drop as mission rewards.  Currently parked at level 9, because I'm terrified to play him 🙂

I know it defeats the purpose....but i offer up the plotline from Supernatural.  The guy never knows he dies.  Some "power" changes his timeline so he did not die.  Just a tought, the project sounds difficult as is lol.  Can only imagine being level 30something and walk into a zone under Rikti Assault and get slammed.  Be like....Noooooooooo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I know it defeats the purpose....but i offer up the plotline from Supernatural.  The guy never knows he dies.  Some "power" changes his timeline so he did not die.  Just a tought, the project sounds difficult as is lol.  Can only imagine being level 30something and walk into a zone under Rikti Assault and get slammed.  Be like....Noooooooooo

It breeds an EXTREMELY cautious playstyle 🙂  And my plan is to make it generational.  When "Guy McNormal" finally meets his demise, his son "Guy McNormal II" will take up his mantle, with a different AT and power set.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gourdhead said:

It breeds an EXTREMELY cautious playstyle 🙂  And my plan is to make it generational.  When "Guy McNormal" finally meets his demise, his son "Guy McNormal II" will take up his mantle, with a different AT and power set.

at some point the only AT left will be tank and "Guy McNormal" 23 will have a chance lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

I haven't touched Goldside for a long time. Doesn't the content there end at low/mid level? 

It apparently CAN be done, therefor I have to give it a shot 🙂  I'm assuming Preatoria>First Ward>Night Ward, with some street sweeping thrown in if you run out of missions.

3 hours ago, gourdhead said:

It apparently CAN be done, therefor I have to give it a shot 🙂  I'm assuming Preatoria>First Ward>Night Ward, with some street sweeping thrown in if you run out of missions.

Hi. Yep. Street sweeping can help but from level 15 you can get to Pocket D and do the SBB (But wait until 20 realistically so as not to outlevel your contacts and story arcs). Taking part in a Seed of Hamidon raid is available too. From 40 you can do Cathedral of Pain, providing you can get a team to start from Praetoria or more likely Pocket D, plus plenty of options for coop in the First Ward/Night Ward stories even if you've already done them.  The Trilogy set seems to get done a lot for some reason. And once you hit 50 you can do any of the incarnate trials, again with the caveat that you need to start from Pocket D/Praetoria.

(Plus accessing anything you missed via a base crystal. This will include The Emperor's Sword from Belladonna Vetrano and Emperor Cole's Personal Story, both at level 50. You just need to go to Night Ward to enter the missions.)

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

i think peeps continue on through the wards and call that Goldside

LOL, that's because it IS Goldside. Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, Neutropolis (and the three Undergrounds attached), First and Night Ward are all Praetoria.  It's just the last two are coop zones. (Ok, you can coop with Goldsiders in the the first first few but you can't get their missions outside of using an ouro crystal)

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

And be really thankful nasty high level mob ambushes seem rare these days.  I remember exiting a Hollows mission full of CoT one day while exemped down with friend who didn't make it online often.  As we did this pack of CoT came running by.  My friend in his SS/Granite tanker promptly attacked.  I hit my target nearest key.  I barely started to warn him in team speak before "splat" went his level 14ish tank vs the lvl 30 CoT ambush cruising after someone else.  Nevermind the level 52 Malta I conned way back when my first character in King's Row, then lvl 6,  noted the cool looking dudes in tac armor chasing someone "Oooh my"

• Haha 1

Before HC, I think I'd only done a very few TFs, but that could also be because I was a confirmed redsider, which is always low pop. and has fewer of them anyway.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

At multiple points on live and here I've decided to run all the contacts and read all the stories. I never make it far. Even after I gave that up and decided I'd read them all on the wiki instead I only made it to the level 20 contacts redside. 

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, Gentoo said:

I haven't touched Goldside for a long time. Doesn't the content there end at low/mid level? 

You can do all 3 city zones, then 1st ward, then the Night Ward which will take you to 40.

My VG mates and I have been doing it for a few months.

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Come to 50 on Gold!  The view is great!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Couple items I'm working on:

1) Level to 50 with a Praetorian without coming over.  At level 39 currently.

2) Leveling a char solely on exploration badges and getting all dayjobs before continuing.

3) Have a level 50 with every AT.  I just can't get into PB & WS.  I do have all the others so far (plus every powerset in Sentinals represented, might do it for others.  just not all combos, because that would be a lot more than time available.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

At multiple points on live and here I've decided to run all the contacts and read all the stories. I never make it far. Even after I gave that up and decided I'd read them all on the wiki instead I only made it to the level 20 contacts redside. 

This is my experience trying it Blueside.  But Redside...The Lady calls to me.  I run it maybe once a year, back on live and here, every contact, every mission, every side mission.  It is darned satisfying to be the bad guy.

Edited by Snarky