The DA arcs are all good fun... I'm fond of both the big dust-up at the end of Dream Doc's arc where everyone and their Titan mech shows up to the party and that "Go beat up that entire monster army. With or without help."-business. XD

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

The DA arcs are all good fun... I'm fond of both the big dust-up at the end of Dream Doc's arc where everyone and their Titan mech shows up to the party and that "Go beat up that entire monster army. With or without help."-business. XD

And I always choose, "No, yall stay here. I got this."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I ... honestly like the old DA better. It had such a unique atmosphere, and the "vanishing" civilians (well, their ghosts) and fog were great. The new one's got content, sure, but it's more "city zone with red and a kind of weird corner."

Mind you, I started to like old (well, echo) DA on a character *with teleport,* so it took a little figuring out at one point how to get around - didn't change my opinion though.

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Personally I think DA is trying too hard. EVERYTHING is dark and edgy. The sewers run with blood (cos of course they do). Even warehouses are full of mist and darkness. 

Mot is way too much of an Edgelord (except for that Mario bit where they eat people, that always makes me laugh). I mean I know your an ancient god of death etc etc but do you have to be all Blood! Spines! Flesh! about it? 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Personally I think DA is trying too hard. EVERYTHING is dark and edgy. The sewers run with blood (cos of course they do). Even warehouses are full of mist and darkness. 

Mot is way too much of an Edgelord (except for that Mario bit where they eat people, that always makes me laugh). I mean I know your an ancient god of death etc etc but do you have to be all Blood! Spines! Flesh! about it? 

I think it's yOU in its nature. It WilL can't really help bE itself. It really wants cONsuM3d to be friendly AnD and cuddly, but eAteN doesn't know how.

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Carnifax said:

I'm still unsure whether the zone is a failed attempt at being scary or a failed attempt at camp horror.  If the former, I would really like to know who came up with the Mario nom nom nom, and how much they were trolling the rest of the dev team.

• Like 1

I think of the more cheeseball bits as a feature rather than a bug...

Horror-style stories that come up in the middle of regular, not-Horror-as-a-genre comics titles usually tend to be on the cheesy side. DA matches that tone pretty well... Rather or not that was intentional? I have no clue. But then, I have no idea if the comics writers do that intentionally or not, either, so... again... it seems fitting. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

14 hours ago, Greycat said:

I ... honestly like the old DA better. It had such a unique atmosphere, and the "vanishing" civilians (well, their ghosts) and fog were great.

This, in spades. I used to wish mightily that the GMs would maybe lift the fog one day a year so we could see the whole zone... and now I'd much prefer to have the fog and the vanishing civs back.

It's just another zone now.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 2 years later

It's one of my favorites to be sure. I like arc of arcs, and the story is good. I did think it was legit creepy personally. And as others said, it is badass seeing all the dudes from everywhere showing up to fight the BP. It's a real "fuck yeah" moment on par to the end of Night Ward when a certain witch ghost shows up to steal the show (and something else). 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2