it has to be ludicrous! - stalker judgement - something not ionic?

honoroit

if you were choosing a judgement for a stalker, anything worth but ionic?

(it has to be ludicrous!)

• vorpal is quick to activate, doesn't need a target.
  • cryonic is neat, but works best on a controllery type
  • void is like might one
  • never tried might one (big knockup i hear)
  • ionic is ionic

Edited by honoroit
explosions!

Typically, I take Void Radial. I'm usually sofrcapped on defense, so having that -damage debuff is nice for layered mitigation.

Vorpal is good if you're not already softcapped. It has a decent defense buff.

Pyronic is nice with its cast time. You can fit it into your rotation without it feeling like you're interrupting your chain.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Ludicrous is in the eye of the beholder, but I quite enjoy using Vorpal from a fair distance and watch an entire spread of enemies fall down on the floor at once. Being an extremely long cone, it gets ridiculously wide at maximum range.

In my quest to maximize this effect, I sometimes overestimate range and kick nothing but air. That feels pretty ludicrous too, in a dumb way.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Ludicrous is in the eye of the beholder, but I quite enjoy using Vorpal from a fair distance and watch an entire spread of enemies fall down on the floor at once. Being an extremely long cone, it gets ridiculously wide at maximum range... 

In my quest to maximize this effect, I sometimes overestimate range and kick nothing but air. That feels pretty ludicrous too, in a dumb fantastic way. 

Yes! 

• Haha 1

I usually stick to Pyronic partly due to theme. Haven't tried the others TBH, but it kills minions and leaves lieuts hurting. That's about all I ask.

• Like 1

I always pick the one that fits the concept best.  However, I feel Cryonic is the worst one ever 😛 and don't feel ludicrous for using it, except in a sad way.

Mighty probably gives the more ludicrous feel, with it's animation.  Pyro is fast.  Vorpal may be a bit to melee, but it also feels speedy/teleporty.  

• Like 1

Ionic has a larger AOE than anything else and doesn't need them to be all clumped in a small area.  For that reason it's always been my go-to choice on all characters.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Ionic has a larger AOE than anything else and doesn't need them to be all clumped in a small area.  For that reason it's always been my go-to choice on all characters.

No! (I know but I just can't) 

I used Mighty Radial on my Tanker for exactly this reason. It's ludicrous.

It's also very solid soft control, because of how high it launches enemies. They're locked out of attacks for a solid 3-4 seconds as they recover. Useful for helping to keep lowbies alive on 54/8s.

Also, the knock-up effect on lower level enemies is hilarious. They go orbital.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
  • Like 1

Ionic can misfire if your target dies during that long animation... Vorpal and Mighty can potentially miss if you're not in the right spot. 

Pyronic I'm never worried about misfires. it's just a really quick WWWHAM!!!, and I keep going without missing a beat.

I'm not 100% of how this works, but I'm pretty sure what you see in Mid's and in Game as a description of Ionic is not it's actual damage to each target.  I think it's summing up it's (3?) jumps to get a total damage.  But not every target gets hit 3 times.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow