Jump to content

General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

I might be misconstruing your question, but...

 

 

...it doesn't address the highlighted parts of this post, so it's not optimal for everyone.

 

Of course, they could still put both powers in the trays to get the ring around the active power, but they'll have to make either a bind or a macro regardless, even if there's a new command added.

 

If you were wondering why the exact same bind text works for some characters and not others, can't help you there. I've had syntax issues in a couple of my binds, but in those cases they didn't work on anyone.

Thanks, yes I was talking in direct relation to "here's this idea I'm kicking around of adding a new text command [which means keybind/macro only] to force any 2 powers into toggle behavior" --> "We already have that, and I want to spread it to the masses except people always say it doesn't work for them."

Link to post
Share on other sites

People would be less likely to be annoyed at changes to existing powers if the Respec UI wasn't so awful. The Upgrade Enhancements changes were wonderful, perhaps a respec update could be placed high on the to do list?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wavicle said:

People would be less likely to be annoyed at changes to existing powers if the Respec UI wasn't so awful. The Upgrade Enhancements changes were wonderful, perhaps a respec update could be placed high on the to do list?

As much as that would be nice, it seems unlikely, since order of powers is what matters most. Plus, it takes the existing level-up format for ui, which everyone is intimately familiar.

 

Anything that is moar better/efficient would likely be a vast departure from the existing ui.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 8:31 PM, arkieboy72472 said:

AR/DEV blaster here who has 45% of global bonuses plus 20% os so from T4 incarnates and a dam/range HO in all my cone powers and snipe. I kinda want to see just how far I can push out a snipe in feet.

I'm not sure about the precise numbers, but I remember my AR/EM Blaster back on Live, with Boost Range up, having a range of ~240 feet with Snipe and ~270 feet with LRM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 6:38 AM, GM Arcanum said:

Enhancement Boosters and Catalysts can now be applied directly by clicking on them, without using the Combine button

  • The confirmation dialog box is optional and can be enabled or disabled from the Options window
  • Applying an Enhancement Booster that doesn't make the Enhancement +5 will have a faster animation
  • Known issue: the Enhancement returns to the power after a fast Booster application - the intention is that it stays selected so you can spam-click to +5 it, and only then it returns to the power

 

Has there been any consideration on Boosters being changed so they give a flat +5 buff rather than you have to buy five times as many of them as compared to Catalysts? Catalysts seem to be considered the more rare and powerful (as it can turn some regular IOs into superior versions) but in effect, Boosters actually end up being more rare as you need 5 of them to boost one IO. So for full set of IOs, you need 30 boosters vs. 12 Catalysts to superior an IO set. And 6 if it isn't a superior set.

 

(more than 30 million more for boosters vs. less than 6 million for non-superior IOs to catalyze.)

Edited by arthurh35353
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

12 Catalysts to superior an IO set.

Unless I missed something, the only sets that can be made superior in the first place only require one catalyst per enhancement which would be six total, if you even have it six slotted to begin with. There should be nothing where you need 12 catalysts total/2 catalysts per enhancement, to make it superior

Edited by Starforge
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starforge said:

Unless I missed something, the only sets that can be made superior in the first place only require one catalyst per enhancement which would be six total, if you even have it six slotted to begin with. There should be nothing where you need 12 catalysts total/2 catalysts per enhancement, to make it superior

I can't remember if you can get the recipes for the non-superior version to craft them. Are they all Winter types that you just get the enhancement, no crafting required? I might be too stupid and not feeling well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
5 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

Has there been any consideration on Boosters being changed so they give a flat +5 buff rather than you have to buy five times as many of them as compared to Catalysts? Catalysts seem to be considered the more rare and powerful (as it can turn some regular IOs into superior versions) but in effect, Boosters actually end up being more rare as you need 5 of them to boost one IO. 

 

Out of all the items in the Paragon Store, Boosters are the ones that most if not all devs agree crossed the P2W line and would love to nerf. So don't expect any changes that make them more accessible/less rare.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I can't remember if you can get the recipes for the non-superior version to craft them. Are they all Winter types that you just get the enhancement, no crafting required? I might be too stupid and not feeling well.

The only enhancements that can be made Superior are the Winter Os and Archetype Enhancements. Any other IO can have a Catalyst applied but it can't be made Superior like the aforementioned Winter/Archetype Enhancements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 7:38 AM, GM Arcanum said:

Costume Fixes

  • Fixed Arachnos Soldier "Wolf Collar" from interfering with ear selection when "Wolf" helmet style is selected
  • Restored "Wolf 2" collar option

 

 

Okay, but when are male and huge model Widows getting their waist capes?  They don't have to have dumptrucks to accentuate with it (but they could <_<), they just look weak in their uniforms without the waist capes.  Like basic Blood Widowers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

One issue here with the /thumbtack and /loc commands is that the valid zone area does extend upwards beyond 2000 feet in some parts of Storm Palace. The top of the actual Storm Palace (the round structure) is nearly 4000 feet in elevation and it should be reasonable to use /thumbtack there and/or use /loc to generate a valid link (neither of those work up there). So perhaps the /thumbtack parser needs to be adjusted to encompass the min/max elevations for all zones?

Just a quick follow-up to say that during some testing last night I found that there is an island in Cascade Archipelago (where the Usurper of Worlds badge is located) that is nearly 5000 feet in elevation, and I ran into the same limitation with /thumbtack and /loc in that and a couple other parts of that zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tiger Lady said:

 

Okay, but when are male and huge model Widows getting their waist capes?  They don't have to have dumptrucks to accentuate with it (but they could <_<), they just look weak in their uniforms without the waist capes.  Like basic Blood Widowers.

 

Maybe your Widowers will get their bum-capes in the same update that my lady Circle mages get their caped shoulder-bits, big spiked gloves, more elaborate kilts and Death Mage back-pieces. (Their male counterparts have had those for a couple of years now. The gals are feeling a little left out. 😝 )  

  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2021 at 3:13 PM, Faultline said:

 

Out of all the items in the Paragon Store, Boosters are the ones that most if not all devs agree crossed the P2W line and would love to nerf. So don't expect any changes that make them more accessible/less rare.

 

Not to poke at this bear too hard, but would changing "Boosters" to be a "combination" like TOs/DOs/SOs work better? Basically, if you really want that +5 purple set, you need 36 enhancements to get there? (6 for the original set, 30 to boost all of them to +5)

 

I would personally hate that, because Enhancement Boosters are pretty awesome as they are now, but I can understand the power creep they give, especially with an Alpha that ignores most of ED.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Not to poke at this bear too hard, but would changing "Boosters" to be a "combination" like TOs/DOs/SOs work better? Basically, if you really want that +5 purple set, you need 36 enhancements to get there? (6 for the original set, 30 to boost all of them to +5)

 

I would personally hate that, because Enhancement Boosters are pretty awesome as they are now, but I can understand the power creep they give, especially with an Alpha that ignores most of ED.

Why are you advocating a price jump that would basically put +5 purple IOs out of the reach of almost everyone, when purples are already expensive enough that most people have to have farmers to afford them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

Why are you advocating a price jump that would basically put +5 purple IOs out of the reach of almost everyone, when purples are already expensive enough that most people have to have farmers to afford them?

 

1) Because I remember the live AH, where 1 single Purple/PvP IO was 2 billion inf. 1 IO, the entire inf cap.

 

2) Because the HC devs hate Boosters as they are now

 

3) Because I love power creep, but at a price.

 

4) This really isn't the place for this discussion, just an idea to help make Boosters less of a 'We hates them!' that was basically inferred from the post I quoted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

So the elite should be allowed to be elite, everyone else should be a plebian?

 

Short answer? yes. Long answer:

 

This game is balanced around SOs, and only incarnate content is balanced around incarnate powers, but once you unlock them, you get access to content that isn't balanced around them. IOs are not required in any stretch of the imagination.

 

Longer answer. This isn't the place for this discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arbegla said:

 

Short answer? yes. Long answer:

 

This game is balanced around SOs, and only incarnate content is balanced around incarnate powers, but once you unlock them, you get access to content that isn't balanced around them. IOs are not required in any stretch of the imagination.

 

Longer answer. This isn't the place for this discussion.

The developers and where HC currently is at are basically antithetical to the 'only the elite have the most elite power'. HC has made it abundantly easier for people to be involved in the end game content and build up their end game power.

 

So your idea that only the elite should have +5 Purples seems to be counter to their entire 'everyone can enjoy endgame content' stance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

When purples are already expensive enough that most people have to have farmers to afford them?

You would have really hated it back on live where a purple recipe cost a billion influence or more. Now you can purchase one for less than 20 million influence or 100 merits. That's not expensive.

Edited by Starforge
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Starforge said:

You would have really hated it back on live where a purple recipe cost a billion influence or more. Now you can purchase one for less than 20 million influence or 100 merits. That's not expensive.

Yes, yes I would have. But it kind of points out that having to pay for 5 times +1 boosters is really more of a nuisance and has been in game since live. 

 

So why keep a nuisance?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, paying for the boosters isn't a nuisance in my opinion. Applying them all as you have to currently is a bit annoying and tedious to do. I have no issue about the price of a booster though. With the update in this patch, it should be much less of a pain to apply boosters anyway.

Edited by Starforge
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
16 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

Yes, yes I would have. But it kind of points out that having to pay for 5 times +1 boosters is really more of a nuisance and has been in game since live. 

 

So why keep a nuisance?

 

Because if we make a booster that does +5 then it should cost 5 times as much and drop 5 times less, which means that a player who doesn't go out of their way to +5 everything and instead just uses boosters as they drop to get a +1 here and there will have a much harder time doing that. The change would indeed only benefit "the elite".

 

Reducing the time it takes to apply multiple in a row reduces the nuisance factor without affecting casual players.

 

(And no we wouldn't make separate +1 and +5 items; both because of code and UI cleaniness, and because it creates the impression that we're happy with what +5 boosting does in the first place).

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Faultline said:

Because if we make a booster that does +5 then it should cost 5 times as much and drop 5 times less, which means that a player who doesn't go out of their way to +5 everything and instead just uses boosters as they drop to get a +1 here and there will have a much harder time doing that. The change would indeed only benefit "the elite".

Understandable, I guess. I just remembered the description stating it was common, but in real value it ended up being more rare than the Catalyst that I think was supposed to be the more rare option. So it seems odd to me.

 

😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...