Jump to content

General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 2


Recommended Posts

Logged on my my Kat scrapper and everyone who responded to my ask ("can you see my Katana?") answered in the affirmative.

Per @Faultline


Tested the /thumbtack parser, and you can indeed cut and paste directly from HC Wiki to chat and the thumbtack will appear in the proper location (on the map and on the ground, tested by flying to the location).

Also, huge thumbs up to the clickable /loc and /whereami links.  I'm not sure where I'd use them on the Live servers, but they sure made testing Double Jump easy/fun.

  • Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crimsanotic said:

I am once again reporting that Fire Sword Circle on Stalkers doesn't give Assassin's Focus.

Looks like neither FSC nor Frozen Aura will correctly give Assassin's Focus. From what I can see it's because the effect group that's supposed to have a 100% to grant it is incorrectly flagged to have a 0ft radius. I'd recommend making a bug report in the beta bugs subforum.

@macskull/@Not Mac

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 25JUL20)

Twitch | Youtube

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Telephone said:

Even though this is intended to help with the Hover/Fly animation issues and also the potential issue of multiple travel powers being on and draining too much endurance, suggesting this here as it's more of a general improvement:

 

Add a new command: /powexec_toggleswap "Toggle1" "Toggle2"

  • If none of the specified toggles are active, toggle on Toggle1.
  • If both of the specified toggles are active, toggle off Toggle2.
  • If Toggle1 is active, toggle it off and toggle on Toggle2.
  • If Toggle2 is active, toggle it off and toggle on Toggle1.

 

Alternate suggestion: /powexec_togglenext "Toggle1" ... "ToggleN"

  • If none of the specified toggles are active. toggle on Toggle1.
  • If more than one of the specified toggles are active. toggle them all off, and toggle on Toggle1.
  • If only one of the specified toggles is active, toggle it off and toggle on the next toggle in the list. If the active toggle is ToggleN, wrap around to Toggle1.

 

I love this proposal. Is it possible for Slash commands to recognize a power is a toggle and its status? I never got too much into Slash commands, so I dont know their capabilities/limitations. I just want to make sure it can't be abused as a spamming of regular powers


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I love this proposal. Is it possible for Slash commands to recognize a power is a toggle and its status? I never got too much into Slash commands, so I dont know their capabilities/limitations. I just want to make sure it can't be abused as a spamming of regular powers

Not positive because I never really tried to use them with click powers, but there's already powexectoggleon and poweexectoggleoff, so I'm leaning towards yes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Not positive because I never really tried to use them with click powers, but there's already powexectoggleon and poweexectoggleoff, so I'm leaning towards yes?

Thank you, I was looking up Slash commands before posting, but I missed it. I thought it would start with toggle...

 

Thanks for verifying 


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

Barracuda Strike Force

  • Power of Black Scorpion (the power required to kill Reichsman) is now always granted to the team leader, regardless of Archetype

Now I can finally complete all the TF's solo this is the only one I can not do right now on my Brute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I love this proposal. Is it possible for Slash commands to recognize a power is a toggle and its status? I never got too much into Slash commands, so I dont know their capabilities/limitations. I just want to make sure it can't be abused as a spamming of regular powers

Slash commands definitely can recognize whether a power is a toggle since trying to auto a toggle power via slash command (/powexecauto) returns the same error as ctrl-clicking it. I don't know if slash commands can tell whether a power is active or not though.

@macskull/@Not Mac

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 25JUL20)

Twitch | Youtube

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

 

Coordinates & /thumbtack

  • Added a /thumbtack <x> <y> <z> command to set the thumbtack in the minimap with world coordinates
  • The /loc command now displays the current position as a thumbtack link
  • Writing a location in chat surrounded by square brackets will generate a thumbtack link to that position
    • They will only be considered valid if they consist of exactly three numbers, separated by spaces or commas
  • Added the $loc chat variable which translates to your current coordinates into a clickable thumbtack link
  • The /whereami command will now also display your current position as a thumbtack link

It appears that in at least (one) zone, clicking on the map to put a thumbtack down no longer puts it on the navigation window compass or as a visible location to head to.

 

In the Storm Palace zone, putting a thumbtack down on the map does NOT appear on the compass and the location does not appear in the distance to aim at while teleporting (rephrasing?)

 

image.thumb.png.55c2550800bf0eb1428633f319beed84.png

Edited by arthurh35353
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and /thumbtack without any arguments should just drop a thumbtack where you are at instead of an error.

 

And weird. /thumbtack with 4584.7 2458.6 930.4 doesn't work in the Storm Palace either. Over the edge of what is considered the zone before I actually hit the wall?

Edited by arthurh35353
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Build 1 - March 13th

Bug Fixes

  • The inter-dimensional Katana and Bow thief has finally be caught and brought to justice! (fixed Katanas and Bows frequently being invisible to other players)

 

Is this thief also going be caught for stealing pistols as well? I've had issues where my thugs (MM pets) don't show as having their pistols (e.g., are shooting from empty hands) and where my character has occasionally not had their pistols (though on this I am having trouble remembering if it was the thugs MM or a DP toon.

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Telephone said:

Even though this is intended to help with the Hover/Fly animation issues and also the potential issue of multiple travel powers being on and draining too much endurance, suggesting this here as it's more of a general improvement:

 

Add a new command: /powexec_toggleswap "Toggle1" "Toggle2"

  • If none of the specified toggles are active, toggle on Toggle1.
  • If both of the specified toggles are active, toggle off Toggle2.
  • If Toggle1 is active, toggle it off and toggle on Toggle2.
  • If Toggle2 is active, toggle it off and toggle on Toggle1.

 

Alternate suggestion: /powexec_togglenext "Toggle1" ... "ToggleN"

  • If none of the specified toggles are active. toggle on Toggle1.
  • If more than one of the specified toggles are active. toggle them all off, and toggle on Toggle1.
  • If only one of the specified toggles is active, toggle it off and toggle on the next toggle in the list. If the active toggle is ToggleN, wrap around to Toggle1.

 

 

I realize this is continuing the off-topic discussion in the wrong thread, but an HC team member opened the door. 

This seems like a complicated and convoluted solution to restore what we already had and worked simply.

Before this change, I had two buttons:  one assigned to hover, and one to fly.

  • If was standing on the ground and wanted to fly, I hit fly.  If I wanted to hover, I hit hover.
  • If I was already flying and wanted to switch to hover speeds and defenses for combat, I hit hover
  • If I was hovering for combat and wanted to switch to fly for speed, I hit fly.
  • If I was hovering or flying and wanted to land, I hit either hover or fly respectively

In every case, it took no macros/bindfiles, two keys total and only one keypress each time to change to the desired state.  Even toggleswap or togglenext can't do that, as you'll still need a separate button for each power when you want to shut off whichever one happens to be active.  So for the case of Hover + Fly, that's now three buttons:  one for the toggleswap/togglenext macro, one for Hover, and one for Fly.  And that's not considering that a lot of players don't like having to mess with making macros to control their powers.

 

I get what the HC team was trying to do with these changes, but as far as I'm concerned, with as often as I use/swap these powers, this update is a significant decrease in QoL.

Edited by Tigraine
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

 

I realize this is continuing the off-topic discussion in the wrong thread, but an HC team member opened the door. 

This seems like a complicated and convoluted solution to restore what we already had and worked simply.

Before this change, I had two buttons:  one assigned to hover, and one to fly.

  • If was standing on the ground and wanted to fly, I hit fly.  If I wanted to hover, I hit hover.
  • If I was already flying and wanted to switch to hover speeds and defenses for combat, I hit hover
  • If I was hovering for combat and wanted to switch to fly for speed, I hit fly.
  • If I was hovering or flying and wanted to land, I hit either hover or fly respectively

In every case, it took no macros/bindfiles, two keys total and only one keypress each time to change to the desired state.  Even toggleswap or togglenext cant do that, as you'll still need a separate button for each power when you want to shut off whichever one happens to be active.  So for the case of Hover + Fly, that's now three buttons:  one for the toggleswap/togglenext macro, one for Hover, and one for Fly.  And that's not considering that a lot of players don't like having to mess with making macros to control their powers.

 

I get what the HC team was trying to do with these changes, but as far as I'm concerned, with as often as I use/swap these powers, this update is a significant decrease in QoL.

The change is clearly geared toward folks who always have either Hover or Fly running... perhaps Null the Gull can provide a solution?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Homecoming Team
4 hours ago, Tigraine said:

 

I realize this is continuing the off-topic discussion in the wrong thread, but an HC team member opened the door. 

This seems like a complicated and convoluted solution to restore what we already had and worked simply.

Before this change, I had two buttons:  one assigned to hover, and one to fly.

  • If was standing on the ground and wanted to fly, I hit fly.  If I wanted to hover, I hit hover.
  • If I was already flying and wanted to switch to hover speeds and defenses for combat, I hit hover
  • If I was hovering for combat and wanted to switch to fly for speed, I hit fly.
  • If I was hovering or flying and wanted to land, I hit either hover or fly respectively

In every case, it took no macros/bindfiles, two keys total and only one keypress each time to change to the desired state.  Even toggleswap or togglenext can't do that, as you'll still need a separate button for each power when you want to shut off whichever one happens to be active.  So for the case of Hover + Fly, that's now three buttons:  one for the toggleswap/togglenext macro, one for Hover, and one for Fly.  And that's not considering that a lot of players don't like having to mess with making macros to control their powers.

 

I get what the HC team was trying to do with these changes, but as far as I'm concerned, with as often as I use/swap these powers, this update is a significant decrease in QoL.

 

You're completely correct that I did open the door - the suggestion was general, however (not truly restricted to the travel power issue), so let's not discuss it too much further here in terms of specific powers.

 

I agree with you completely that some convenience has been lost in the travel power change, and that should definitely be discussed in the travel powers thread and hopefully some consensus can be reached there.

 

One other minor note - your use case can still be done with these commands with two buttons (of course, this still is not entirely optimal if you depend on looking at the spinning rings, and your argument that not everyone likes making macros is an important one):

  • powexec_togglenext "Hover" "Fly"
  • powexec_toggleoff "Hover"$$powexec_toggleoff "Fly"
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, now if I wanted to test my sniping range, I take it I can use the new location command and set a thumbtack where the bad guy will spawn? The reason I ask is that some of the global range bonuses don't show up in power descriptions. I have always wanted to see just how far I can take it. 

 

AR/DEV blaster here who has 45% of global bonuses plus 20% os so from T4 incarnates and a dam/range HO in all my cone powers and snipe. I kinda want to see just how far I can push out a snipe in feet. Until now, I had no way to judge the range of my powers. The global bonuses you get don't show up in the numbers, only the enhanced and alpha slot numbers. This is a interesting addition for the range-philes like me who like to try and kill from draw distance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Telephone said:

 

One other minor note - your use case can still be done with these commands with two buttons (of course, this still is not entirely optimal if you depend on looking at the spinning rings, and your argument that not everyone likes making macros is an important one):

  • powexec_togglenext "Hover" "Fly"
  • powexec_toggleoff "Hover"$$powexec_toggleoff "Fly"

Perhaps you can help illuminate why it seems this doesn't work for everyone:

 

I have always, across multiple computers and timelines, all the way back to ~2005, used this simple switch:

/Bind x "powexecname fly$$powexecname hover"

 

I don't know if it's the quotes or what, but this is a simple one-button switch already which I use religiously.

  • If neither are on, enable 2nd toggle
  • If both are on, actually I don't remember but I think it kills both.
  • If just one is on (doesn't matter which), one is enabled and the other disabled.

I've never understood why people get all complicated with toggleoff/on commands and what value it grants in that scenario, so it leaves me struggling to understand the need here.

 

But others say "that doesn't work" on the forums and we don't really do any in depth troubleshooting.  I wonder if looking for ways to relax the syntax might work just as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Perhaps you can help illuminate why it seems this doesn't work for everyone:

 

I have always, across multiple computers and timelines, all the way back to ~2005, used this simple switch:

/Bind x "powexecname fly$$powexecname hover"

 

I don't know if it's the quotes or what, but this is a simple one-button switch already which I use religiously.

  • If neither are on, enable 2nd toggle
  • If both are on, actually I don't remember but I think it kills both.
  • If just one is on (doesn't matter which), one is enabled and the other disabled.

I've never understood why people get all complicated with toggleoff/on commands and what value it grants in that scenario, so it leaves me struggling to understand the need here.

 

But others say "that doesn't work" on the forums and we don't really do any in depth troubleshooting.  I wonder if looking for ways to relax the syntax might work just as well.

 

Read the new beta patch notes.  Fly and Hover will no longer be mutually exclusive; therefore, toggling one on will not toggle the other off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

 

Read the new beta patch notes.  Fly and Hover will no longer be mutually exclusive; therefore, toggling one on will not toggle the other off.

Not an issue.  Only "current toggle state" matters.

 

You can run the same keybind with Sprint/Fly for example (and I do on one character) -- even though they can overlap, they will smoothly rotate as long as you start with one on and the other off.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The current functionality with the age old Bind that Replacement is talking about is. 1 power active - switches just like normal. 2 powers active, both powers deactivate then another press starts up 1 power and switches like normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

And weird. /thumbtack with 4584.7 2458.6 930.4 doesn't work in the Storm Palace either. Over the edge of what is considered the zone before I actually hit the wall?

I wonder if this is because the elevation value (which is the second value in the coordinate triplet) is outside the allowed range? Faultline reported that the allowed elevation range is -2000 to 2000, so perhaps this issue and some of the other issues you noticed in Storm Palace are because there are locations there that exceed those elevation limits? Just a thought, and I'll take a peek there myself when I hop on Brainstorm in a few minutes.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tigraine What's the problem?

(and this is the issue with negative reactions)

 

Do you need screenshots?  On HC Live right now, Fly and Sprint are not mutually exclusive, and yet a bind of "powexecname fly$$powexecname sprint" will make them mutually exclusive. 

 

The only thing wrong with my previous post is that it's actually easier than how I made it sound-- toggling has activation time while detoggling does not, so you can literally press your keybind an extra time until they sort themselves out into mutual exclusivity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 5:38 AM, GM Arcanum said:

Badges

  • Added the "Complicated" badge to Frostfire's story arc
    • This will be granted retroactively to characters that already have the arc's souvenir


- Copied a character with souvenir over from Live, logged in, received that badge as expected but didn't receive any messages that it had been awarded.  (Bug report here.)

- Ran Flux's arc via Ouro, received the badge and message as expected.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Replacement said:

@Tigraine What's the problem?

(and this is the issue with negative reactions)

 

Do you need screenshots?  On HC Live right now, Fly and Sprint are not mutually exclusive, and yet a bind of "powexecname fly$$powexecname sprint" will make them mutually exclusive. 

 

The only thing wrong with my previous post is that it's actually easier than how I made it sound-- toggling has activation time while detoggling does not, so you can literally press your keybind an extra time until they sort themselves out into mutual exclusivity.

Not continuing this conversation here as there is a focused feedback thread, where this exact problem has been discussed.  Go read up on it there if you don't get the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@Telephone to reiterate: Activation time ensures the bind I mentioned above turns any two powers into toggles as long as they have an activation time - they don't even need to be mutually exclusive.  They will become so. 

 

The big thing I'm trying to work out is why this doesn't seem to work for everyone when I've mentioned it before, despite the fact that I've made at least 4 separate installs work with this. 

 

I suspect it's the quotations.  But if there's a way to make a bind like this work more consistently for everyone (e.g. more forgiving syntax), that seems like it might be a good alternative to a new Slash command.

 

And yes, I have tested the current build for this - nothing magically changed.  This absolutely prevents people from stacking Hover and Fly if that's what they're trying to avoid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

In the Storm Palace zone, putting a thumbtack down on the map does NOT appear on the compass and the location does not appear in the distance to aim at while teleporting (rephrasing?)

I did a little testing in Storm Palace, and this is partly true. Manually placing a thumbtack on the map works in the zone except in the extreme northwest quadrant of the zone (which is where you were in the screenshot). Anywhere else I manually placed a thumbtack, it appeared in the compass and as a nav indicator.

 

21 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

And weird. /thumbtack with 4584.7 2458.6 930.4 doesn't work in the Storm Palace either. Over the edge of what is considered the zone before I actually hit the wall?

A little more testing in Storm Palace confirmed my earlier suspicion that the elevation coordinates were outside of the valid range for the thumbtack slash command parser. I wasn't able to get /thumbtack to place a thumbtack, or for the /loc command to generate a thumbtack link, with elevation coordinates over 2000. That behavior seems to be working as intended. I did, however, get /thumbtack to place a thumbtack with elevation coordinates less than -2000, although when I attempted to fly to that location I apparently crossed the lower zone boundary before I could get there and the game teleported me back up to safety.

 

One issue here with the /thumbtack and /loc commands is that the valid zone area does extend upwards beyond 2000 feet in some parts of Storm Palace. The top of the actual Storm Palace (the round structure) is nearly 4000 feet in elevation and it should be reasonable to use /thumbtack there and/or use /loc to generate a valid link (neither of those work up there). So perhaps the /thumbtack parser needs to be adjusted to encompass the min/max elevations for all zones?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Replacement said:

The big thing I'm trying to work out is why this doesn't seem to work for everyone when I've mentioned it before, despite the fact that I've made at least 4 separate installs work with this. 

 

I suspect it's the quotations.  But if there's a way to make a bind like this work more consistently for everyone (e.g. more forgiving syntax), that seems like it might be a good alternative to a new Slash command.

 

And yes, I have tested the current build for this - nothing magically changed.  This absolutely prevents people from stacking Hover and Fly if that's what they're trying to avoid.

I might be misconstruing your question, but...

 

17 hours ago, Telephone said:

(of course, this still is not entirely optimal if you depend on looking at the spinning rings, and your argument that not everyone likes making macros is an important one😞

 

...it doesn't address the highlighted parts of this post, so it's not optimal for everyone.

 

Of course, they could still put both powers in the trays to get the ring around the active power, but they'll have to make either a bind or a macro regardless, even if there's a new command added.

 

If you were wondering why the exact same bind text works for some characters and not others, can't help you there. I've had syntax issues in a couple of my binds, but in those cases they didn't work on anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...