90% sure I made this post before for trollers/doms

kelika2

Clearly the problem here is YOUR CAPS KEY IS STUCK!  lol

I for one like the clumps in my oatmeal and gravy but some folks just don't like clumps...

Sorry OP.  I couldn't help myself.  Have you tried talking to your team mates before they start drinking?  

Oh and Outrider I love that picture - Some day when they make animated pictures on tee shirts that one will be part of my wardrobe!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

15 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

?

Edited to add:  Well shoot.  I'm the kind of guy that likes to use humor to lighten things up.  On the off chance that (unintentionally) I angered you with my admittedly silly humor, my apologies.  Added this in case you log back on later and are plotting my doom (along with all trollers and doms).  The other possibilities are that posting a snippet quote with no reply is some kind of statement (I'm not always up on the latest internet weirdness).  If so I do not understand.  Lastly, and this seems most likely, you were having problems with your caps lock and when you tried to reply your keyboard went ahead and broke the rest of the way.  😁

Edited by KauaiJim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

4 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

Added this in case you log back on later and are plotting my doom (along with all trollers and doms). 

That's okay, we'll just use AOE root, holds and sleeps just as they start to attack. 😉

I admit I am baffled by the use of sleep attacks anytime in a big brawl, start or fully invested.  Since sleep is easily broken by any other attack, I've always perceived it as a tool to stop a second, nearby mob from joining the fight. 

And on the subject of sleep, why is it that when we sleep opponents, they wake with any hit, but when they sleep us, they can use us as a punching bag for quite some time, assuming we don't have an inspire to break the sleep?

Edited by Techwright
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kelika2 said:

STOP FUCKING USING AOE ROOT, HOLDS AND SLEEPS AT THE START OF THE FIGHT

Let them clump up a bit first.

Me, with less swearing and a bit more politeness before we even start the TF. Then I have to explain Spectral Terror counts since the mobs tremble in place instead of clumping around me. Then I ask not to use Sonic Repulsion. Then I ask again not to use Sonic Repulsion. Then I ask a third time not to use Sonic Repulsion. Then I start getting curt at the fourth request not to use Sonic Repulsion. Finally explain it is Sonic Repulsion doing it at the /Sonic's bafflement for me singling them out by name.

• Haha 1

Sorry, this one’s a no vote from me. Game is not difficult enough to merit this kind of attitude unless we’re talking about Master runs of iTrials or something like that. Or if a true noob is just totally going wild with Hurricane in the middle of a mob or something.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kelika2 said:

@kelika2likes it when you wormhole mobs AWAY.

@kelika2feels safest when you cast intangibles on what they’re fighting. 

@kelika2 enjoys increased knock back enhancements on all powers that accept them.

If you play with @kelika2 then please bear all this in mind, and make their day!

Edited by Peacemoon
  • Haha 6

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

"Hey now," Dennu the Grav/Dark Controller says, watching her Singularity drag would-be runners right straight back into the middle of her Tar Patch murder-ball, "Don't be judgey. #Not All Controllers."

(Yeah. Anku has a KB-to-KD special, so he's like a noisy little ball of static cling that will MAKE a tidy cluster, even if we don't start out with one.  😆)

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

14 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I don't mind the alpha stun. Those def debuffs can get pretty mean in an ITF.  Fold space has personally solved this problem for me. GL out there pal! 

Edited by Dahkness
  • Like 2

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Yeah, I don't mean to poke fun at the OP because what they are upset about is valid to them.  I was just trying to lighten the mood.  But in all seriousness, I would say to anyone getting that frustrated about something (actually unimportant) in an online game, EVEN IF JUSTIFIED, it's not a healthy way to play.  I actually feel for anyone so frustrated that they blow a fuse because, well, been there myself a few times.  Honestly there IS NOTHING any of us can say to relieve the OP's frustration.  That person is going to have to work through it like we all do.

Instead of taking the humorous approach, I think maybe I should try a serious approach to this topic, because I do care when people get worked up (and I hope others do the same for me when I do).

So OP, perhaps you just came here to vent and honestly, I feel these forums are a safe place for that.  You're going to get a little feedback you don't really want to hear and that's understandable too.  But your frustrations are valid (for you and others) and I don't want you to think I'm laughing AT you - I was trying to laugh WITH you which is what I think most folks here try to do.

I'm hoping once you cool down a bit you might understand we're all friends here and just having a bit of fun with you but I am concerned that your reaction indicates instead of helping you relax a bit I may have just made your day worse, and for that I am sorry.

For what it's worth, I'm having similar frustrations IN REAL LIFE.  People misbehaving is certainly nothing new to the human race, but right now the volume knob on that behavior seems to be turned up full blast and I am having what feels like more than my fair share of BS from life... well, it's just the way it is.  A LOT of our frustrations as human beings comes from our expectations of others based on what we want from them, not who they are.  Control of your life, while real in some ways, is a complete illusion in other ways.  Realizing that can be incredibly helpful to begin to heal whatever toxins are getting bottled up.  Just try to avoid the mistake I have made many many times (including recently) of thinking just because something SHOULD and COULD be done differently or better doesn't mean it will ever happen, or if it does, that it will happen because you want it to.

I have no answers OP.  In your particular situation I can only suggest maybe trying to group with folks who are on the same page with you play style wise.

But I did want to stop back in here and say as one human being to another - I really am just trying to cheer you up (and others here).  

Notice my caps lock seems to 'stick' sometimes too.  Take care.

Edited by KauaiJim

3 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Bonus points for adding in fears and sleeps.  I figured for sure slows were the next one on the complain list.  They are clumping together too slowly, don't use slows!  😉

1 hour ago, Darkneblade said:

Oh noooo! tankers/brutes actually have to walk to enemy in order to attack now!

What a nightmare!

Heck, that's fine. You do you. As in, you slow or whatever and then deal with them as I move on to the next group. Wouldn't want to let those important slows and sleeps go to waste after all. The team would crumble with those important skills sitting unused on your bar!

• Like 1

Easy way to avoid the "every mob is AoE immobilized as the first step of any encounter" is to turn off your taunt aura, and stop giving wakies to the controller/dominator who just dropped because they took every alpha. And if they can take the alpha, then just move on to the next spawn, because they obviously don't need you there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Techwright said:

I admit I am baffled by the use of sleep attacks anytime in a big brawl, start or fully invested.  Since sleep is easily broken by any other attack, I've always perceived it as a tool to stop a second, nearby mob from joining the fight. 

Some sleeps like Flash Freeze, Frozen Aura, and Will Domination also deal damage, so they can be useful in a fight, even if the targets are awakened.   I prefer not to lead with them when on a team, but if the team is moving faster than my "main" aoe powers can recharge, I'll drop it.  Moderate damage is better than no damage at all, as they say. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, siolfir said:

Easy way to avoid the "every mob is AoE immobilized as the first step of any encounter" is to turn off your taunt aura, and stop giving wakies to the controller/dominator who just dropped because they took every alpha. And if they can take the alpha, then just move on to the next spawn, because they obviously don't need you there.

Yep, that works for me.  I never throw an aoe power out of there of any sort unless I know I can take the return heat and I believe it is an effective use of that power.  I've gone over this in the other numerous threads on this topic that in the beginning I will hold off a bit before throwing controls out there.  You know what, quite often in teams it doesn't matter as no one actually does try to "gather" the mobs or everyone is off "gathering" their own little groupings.  If I waited for someone on the team to "gather" all the mobs I'd be sitting there all day doing nothing.  So, on those teams I quickly stop waiting.

Anyway, there's already been two other threads I've seen just recently (one long running but still going) on this topic both here and in the controller forum itself, hence the dead horse meme at the top.

Edited by Riverdusk

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Heck, that's fine. You do you. As in, you slow or whatever and then deal with them as I move on to the next group. Wouldn't want to let those important slows and sleeps go to waste after all. The team would crumble with those important skills sitting unused on your bar!

Teams in this game can do just fine without any particular member, powers, or particular playstyle.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Teams in this game can do just fine without any particular member, powers, or particular playstyle.

This is true but it actually applies even further:

Teams Any solo player in this game can do just fine without any particular member, powers, or particular playstyle.  🤪

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Techwright said:

Honestly, even if player behavior could be modified, there are a number of pets that fire off these same abilities, and I'm not sure they can be reigned in once the fighting starts.

My plant/dark controller has three different uncontrollable pets that have aoe immobilizes.   😀

Only way I can stop them is to try and hang pretty far back at the start of a fight (which I will make an effort to do if it seems that kind of team). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1