what did the great server crash of 2021 inspire you to do?

Snarky

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity with one of my minions, a collection of various Sonic the Hedgehog games with the other, and moving my house around as part of a remodel for the wife.

... I don't get to play as much as I would have liked to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

1 hour ago, Rishidian said:

I have a buddy that did this.  Quit his job to write full time.  Check him out on Facebook: Blaze Ward.  He may be someone to talk to, if you want.  He knows me by Dusty - been friends for about 30 years.

Right on. I have another friend who did it, published several stories and just got her first book picked up by HarperCollins. So I know it happens, glad to know it's more than just that one person.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Inspired by the chat (special thanks to @Luminara,) I wrote this humble effort:

You never know you'll get for tech support:

Good morning, this is Ash, how may I help you today?

I'm sorry to hear that, ma'am.

Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Uh-huh. And you're sure it's plugged in?

Really sure? We'll know if you're lying!

All right, calm down, these are just the questions I'm supposed to ask you.

No, I don't think that at all, but you'd be surprised how often...

OK, I understand. That's fine.

All right, let's try a few things:

I'd like you to get your chainsaw, and let me know when it's nice and warmed up.

Yes, ma'am. Chainsaw.

Are you sure? Did you check the shed?

OK, we can do this the old-fashioned way.

Get your Remington 12-gauge and load that puppy up.

Yes, ma'am, that is indeed a shotgun. Flint, Michigan's finest.

You could try a Winchester, but that line's a bit flakey if you ask me...

Are you sure? Not even a 20-gauge? Did you check under the bed?

Well, ma'am, I don't see how I can help you if you don't have the basic diagnostic tools.

I can schedule a visit from one of our service engineers, but there will be a surcharge if it turns out the system is not at fault. And you'll need to cover gas and ammunition...

I don't know the rates, ma'am, they were in the agreement you clicked through when you...

It is? That's great! 

Oh, I'm sure the cat didn't mean to.

Thank you for calling. And a nice day to you, too.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 hours ago, Dahkness said:

My neighbor got a ps5 that day so lucky we got to get some beer and pizza and got as far as we can in demon souls. 

I don't have a PS5 yet, cause I'm unwilling to pay scalper prices. But I am playing Demon's Souls. Then again, I have an original model PS3. Good thing too since my PS2's disk drive stopped working last week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pixie_Knight said:

I don't have a PS5 yet, cause I'm unwilling to pay scalper prices. But I am playing Demon's Souls. Then again, I have an original model PS3. Good thing too since my PS2's disk drive stopped working last week.

He got lucky. PSN network reached out to him and put him into que cause he’s a   PS+ member. Was a able to get it for market price.

The soul series is so hard!!! I never beat it. I have to watch people do it lol. 

Rip ps2.

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

24 minutes ago, Dahkness said:

He got lucky. PSN network reached out to him and put him into que cause he’s a   PS+ member. Was a able to get it for market price.

The soul series is so hard!!! I never beat it. I have to watch people do it lol. 

Rip ps2.

It depends on what you're fighting. In Dark Souls I found some bosses a HUGE pain and served as a lengthly stumbling block, while others went down like a two dollar member of the oldest profession on half price Tuesday. Sometimes it's not the boss that's the most challenging part of an area, but just getting to the boss. DAMN YOU BLIGHT TOWN!

In order of hardest to easiest (for the ones I've played) I would list it as

1.Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls.

3. Bloodborne

Demon's Souls has nasty hard areas that test your patience and reflexes, but the bosses so far have all gone down like a chump. Conversely, in Dark Souls the areas tend to be fairly easy to navigate (granted with some tricky spawns to watch out for), and the bosses are a mixed bag. Some will be huge roadblocks, while others are stupidly easy. There are exceptions such as Blight town and Sen's Fortress (AAARRRGH!), but for the most part areas aren't too bad if you're careful. Bloodborne on the other hand, the areas are convoluted and somewhat confusing, but the enemies are (usually) easy to defeat. Bosses can be a roadblock, for a while. But even at their worst, they still feel possible without having to cheese them. Unlike some of Dark Soul's bosses.

Still, I'd rather play CoH 🙂

• Like 1

I ended up doing more of what i already do...watch movies and read books...saw all the Thor and Avenger movies...reading some authors i had not read before which are relaxing mysteries by Liz Mugavero and Bethany Blake (much like Murder She Wrote). Oh and got sunburned! cant forget that 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

After shaking off the flashback trauma from the servers SUDDENLY shutting down leaving me staring at the same message from lives shutdown

I went and made some rifts characters and watched a couple of youtube ganers videos while playing some TW WH and SWTOR

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

1 hour ago, damnimgood said:

Had a play fight with my cat. You know..claws hurt. So now I'm inspired to make a claw scrapper in the game to share my pain.

My cat and I have persistent disagreements about the touching rules. He definitely vacillates on what’s permissible. I don’t know if my wounds were intended as play.

I bought a Garmin Vivoactive 4 watch to monitor my heart rate while I bike and walk. The Covid Pudge has made me slow, but I am slowly working my way out of it. I also took a nap.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I played a stupid amount of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I found a cheat where you make paths and some rides intersect. It’s fun to see a group of people standing on a path that is also a roller coaster section and the car just blasts through them. Sadly, unlike 1 and 2, you can’t kill your peeps in RCT3.

• 10 months later

My crew and I play on discord. And Chrontion the time derg has a lair that exists out of normal time space.. and is responsible for repairing the timeline. So my group rp'd an actual temporal rift was happening threatening to terminate the timeline we were all in (as it could have if they didn't find a suitable replacement hosting).. and the time dragon turned his lair into a life boat for all he loved until he and "The Swarm" the other time dragons that Oroborus birthed found a way to  repair the holes in reality, or failed to do so.  It made for some pretty intense.. genuine feels styles rp.. with many of us rattled over whether or not we'd get to play again, but also turned out ot be some of the best and more memorable rps we had. Great news! They succeeded in the end. I find server crashes and events great writing prompts if you take the "my character is aware things are breaking" approach.

(Yes, this thread is old.. and yes.. I just saw it a few minutes ago >.> but.. just wanted to share.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

TBF, that necro-post does seem terribly appropriate here.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝