A Guide to Jerk Hacking on the Beta Server

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later
On 8/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, Morsabalto said:

However, going to Cim and finding an explore badge should grant you the Ouro portal anyway...

It's much easier to to to one of the Mystic portals and travel to Echo GC or Echo AP to get the Ouro Portal.

Generally you'd have to have access to Ouro already to reach the Echos, but you can use base teleporters to get there.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:58 AM, Jimmy said:

Invention Sets

/boostset SET_NAME LEVEL

All of the set names are exactly as you expect. This works for standard Enhancements and ATOs. Here are some examples:

/boostset Overpowering_Presence 50

/boostset Superor_Will_of_the_Controller 50

/boostset Luck_of_the_Gambler 50

And so on.

How much do I have to either pay or sacrifice for this option on the live servers?

• Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 2 weeks later
  • Jimmy unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later
  • 1 month later

Hmmm. Is there a way to gain temporary powers in a similar fashion to the accolades? Trying to test some movement speed-related things, but it looks like the freebies menu doesn't have that option.

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Grant yourself one of the badges from the patron arcs (like Spider's Kiss) to unlock the patron pools. Not sure about the catalysts, unless you are not yet level 50.

I think the freebies popmenu should have an option to grant those patron arc badges (along with some others like the stat accolades).

• 11 months later
7 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Shouldn't the link in the first post be updated to the new popmenu thread?

If anything, I'd recommend just removing the link in the first post, rather than replacing it with the link to my thread, especially since the popmenu has been built-in to the Beta servers for some time now. There is no freebies popmenu currently available in my thread. It mostly just stands as a record of the changes I have made to it, and perhaps it would be reasonable to link to it as source of that info, rather than a source of the actual popmenu file. The only time I post a popmenu there is when I have a beta version that I want to provide temporarily for testing. Given that I have received practically no feedback the last couple of times I have posted something, I am not sure I will continue that practice. I also have no current plans to upgrade the freebies menu, beyond routine maintenance and upkeep.

I will of course continue to post in my thread whenever I do make any noteworthy changes, but my overall impression is that folks haven't been overly concerned with any of the changes I have made recently.

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I'd recommend just removing the link in the first post, rather than replacing it with the link to my thread,

This thread is still linked from the Beta account center though...  and we still need a way of making people aware of the existence of the Beta/freebies popmenu.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Nevermind, Freebies menu is back as of last Beta patch.

Hey AboveTheChemist, 

Since the last Beta build, the Freebies menu is not currently available by using the Quick Chat icon.  Per the Aug 11 Patch notes, apparently this is intentional, something to do with the special Cimerora AE map being developed.  They said it would be back probably by Tue the 17th but no joy.  Is there any way you can post the latest "freebies.mnu" in this thread?  The one I've been using is very old (ver 20190824.01).

Thanks much!

Edited by GATE-keeper

• 1 month later
  • 2 years later

I'm using this post as a scratchpad as I build a test character, hopefully they'll prove useful to someone. A lot of this stuff wasn't clear to me from reading this thread. 🙂

Please note that I don't have access to the code so I can't see how any of this works. What's below is just from playing with it in the client.

I'll update this if I play with it more later. Hopefully this adds accessibility for those helping to test the new issue.

Notes on granting crafted enhancements:

/boostset setname level (both paramaters are required)

setname: The name of the set as written in its description  (get that from /ah). Case insensitive. Omit apostrophes. Spaces are underscores. (s/'//g, s/ /_/g)

level: >50 gets adjusted down to 50, 51-54 purples must have a different setgroup

example: /boostset Luck_of_the_Gambler 50 -> L50 LOTG set
example: /boostset superior_will_of_the_controller 99 -> L50 SWOTC set

To discover: What is the setname of attuned sets? (The prefix isn't "attuned_", "attuned.", or "attuned" like /boost.)

/boost itemname itemname level (all three parameters are required)

itemname takes the format:

setgroup_setname_X, where X is the character A-F. If the set has a UNIQUE enhancement, it tends to be F.

setgroup: [ crafted: regular enhancement || attuned: attuned  enhancement || superior_attuned: use instead of "attuned" for Superior AT enhancements]

example: /boost attuned_Luck_of_the_Gambler_F attuned_Luck_of_the_Gambler_F 50 -> grants the attuned global recharge one

example: /boost Superior_Attuned_Superior_Will_of_the_Controller_F Superior_Attuned_Superior_Will_of_the_Controller_F 50 -> grants the Superior/attuned PSI damage one

It seems to be less typing to just do /boostset and then delete the ones you didn't want (unless you wanted them attuned)

Boosted purple setgroup: Unknown. It's not "boosted", "boosted_crafted", or "crafted_boosted".

Playing with the passed parameters shows that it is checking both itemname params, and checking to see if they agree. Passing duplicate valid parameters works; passing unique valid parameters generates the same error as invalid parameters ("Enhancement power doesn't exist"). Passing one valid and one invalid parameter (either position) generates the same error. Unclear why we're passing the same param twice, surely there's different checks against the two parameters?

Edited by eqspeef

7 hours ago, eqspeef said:

Notes on granting crafted enhancements:

You can get any enhancement you need, at any level you need, from the freebies menu. Click the chat bubble at the end of the chat bar to access it, or access it directly by binding/macroing the following command:

popmenu freebiesmenu

If there is an enhancement missing from there, please let me know and I will add it. I am 99.9% sure all existing enhancements are in there, though, from the lowliest training enhancement to the mightiest superior attuned enhancement. Lots of other stuff in there too like accolade and travel unlocks, free inf, and directions to get other free stuff from the server (like merits and boosters) that isn't directly available from the freebies menu.

I am currently working on an update that adds, among other things, the new Hamidon enhancements that just came out, so those will be available in the freebies menu soon.