HELP! My Claws/Ice is EATING End like a madman!!!!

LeBlanc

SO I am loving this build, but I just eat through END like crazy. I only have 4 Ice toggles running, all SO slotted (one each) for End as well as Defense. I have 2 End Reduc in each of my high costing Claw attacks, and one in the rest, and my Stamina 3 slotted with SO's. I hate having to rely on so many Blue Insps. But I eat those like candy! I have Energy Absorption, but I am not able to rely on that in every fight. He is 28 and if this keeps up, it will only get worse.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

The standard END fix is to take Ageless as an incarnate later on, but personally I don't like relying on that to make a build work. Keeping your enhancements up to date will help, and slotting your Stamina will also help. One thing you can try is putting a Performance Enhancer + chance for END to proc in, that way you have a chance to get stamina back, which will proc more than you might think with a high attack rate set like claws. Lastly, you can see if there are toggles you don't need all of the time and try to manage those. You can also try putting another END reduction in them in the meantime, as that will lower their costs. Aside from that its difficult to give any for sure fixes without seeing your build in MIDS.

Hope this helps!

Consider picking up some temporary powers to help offset endurance costs.  From P2W you can pick up the Survival Amplifier which adds recovery for up to 8 hours.  You can also get the Recovery Serum, which has up to 50 charges of a 4 minute strong recovery boost.  Also Base Empowerment Stations have a Recovery Increase buff that you can get for 90 minutes in exchange for some salvage.  Since you're still level 28, you can also get a recovery boost from completing the Drowing in Blood trial, however that will stop working at level 31 so it may not help that much now.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Ice Armor does that. That's because it 100% relies on Energy Absorption to be used at every pack pretty much. As Zork said pick Recovery Serums since they are so cheap and live off them until Energy Absorption can be picked.

It seems counterintuitive but you're going to be better served putting damage into your attacks than end reduction. Fewer attacks to kill things uses less endurance than lower endurance per attacks. There are numbers floating around somewhere about this but I don't remember where. 

Yes, but one accuracy, three attack, and then two end reduction could be a thing, but this is very old school.

It seems understandable you're running out of endurance if you're using generic IOs or SOs. Check my signature for some tips if you're strapped for cash. Slotting a Panaceia proc, Miracle +recovery and a Performance Shifter proc will all alleviate things.

But just alleviate. Ice Armor is heavy since it's designed to rely on Energy Absorption.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be curious to see your build.  I don't recall my Claws/Ice scrapper having many issues with endurance while leveling, but that was a while ago now. I recently respec'd into Sorcery to get Rune of Protection and to fit it in I dropped Chilling Embrace.  But I do run Tough and Weave.  I have Conserve Energy and Physical Perfection in the build as 1 slot wonders at 47 and 49.

Duelist - park in the PI Arena for 100 hrs (offline) time is also +5 End….

and the Acc/3Dmg/2End Redux?

1 Acc, 2 Dmg, 1 Rech, 1 End.. and some IO like Ruin or Touch of Death for the final  AccDmg or a cheap Acc/Dmg/End from a top tier set.

I would not worry about expensive sets until  when you can afford it… and I have several 50’s I ran on the cheap that I loved running.  

to start, a Miracle rec in Helth (Level 22 minimum, buy ATTUNED) - 3-4 million now, and/or (AND) a Performance Shifter proc in End - should help.

Essentially… on this toon, are you here for the run/trip to 50, or is this your ne plus ultra toon that you want to focus your time and influence on?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/24/2021 at 9:58 PM, Max Firepower said:

... is this your ne plus ultra toon that you want to focus your time and influence on?

...aren't they all?  😆 (see sig)

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• Retired Developer

Claws is the big offender on endurance loss.

Don't slot so much for recharge and slot endredux instead. It evens out a bit later on, but honestly, with the inherently low recharge times, you'll rarely need to worry about not having another attack ready. Keep the end cost low!

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer
On 9/9/2021 at 10:35 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I started to dig through CoD to show that Claws is probably the best DPE attack set available to melee ATs but then remembered I'm old and lazy.

Amended statement: Claws is the big offender in endurance loss to people learning the game still and not understanding slot mechanics fully.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Start slotting some level 25 common IOs to save on swapping out enhancers. Also, Stamina should get a Performance Shifter: +End proc and a Performance Shifter: End Mod IO. Health can get Numina's Convalescence: Regen/Recovery, Miracle: +Recovery, and a Panacea: +HP/End. If you need currency, A bit of marketing can go a long way. Once some bids come in, my level 6 will have 8+ million. I fully plan on making any new character self sufficient in terms of currency and only slotting attuned IOs.

See: 

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."