Chili Palmer

Domsicle

Cold Stare

Be Cool

Frose

Yo Fro

The Chiller Man Bob

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've been digging on name generators, deitys, demons, folklore, mythical creatures for about an hour. No luck. The ones I have liked that where suggested where taken.

Dietys, demons and mythical creatures are generally females. I didn't like the available search options on the name generators, there used to be one or two I liked using but I don't remember the sites any more.

Edited by LKN-351

9 hours ago, Ukase said:

I have a character named Apache Fog. I got the name off of a race horse that an old girlfriend of mine owns. I liked the sound of it. So, I also made an Apache Fire, Apache Flame, Apache Mace, Apache Heat, Apache Rain, Apache Steel, and a lot of other Apache Named Characters. 

Not to be judgemental and a jerk either, but do you actually play all those Apache named toons? If not that can be irksome to people also. Or that person that "stole" Apache Fire tried a bunch of alternate Apache ideas but someone had taken every one they could think of so they said "Screw it... Apache_Fire it is!"

If you do play all those I think you may be an altaholic. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, A Cat said:

There's a Hail Santa on Everlasting. 

word jumble?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

Not to be judgemental and a jerk either, but do you actually play all those Apache named toons? If not that can be irksome to people also. Or that person that "stole" Apache Fire tried a bunch of alternate Apache ideas but someone had taken every one they could think of so they said "Screw it... Apache_Fire it is!"

If you do play all those I think you may be an altaholic. 😉

Feel free to be judgemental, or a jerk. Be yourself, whomever that may be. I'm too obtuse at this early hour to take offense. 

There's only so much time in a day, so I don't play each of them daily, but I do play them all routinely. If they don't get play after 3 months, I tend to just respec them, get the IOs out, and delete them, then re-roll them - with the same name. That way, I'm only using a dozen names, not ALL of them. 

In the spirit of transparency, I have three accounts, and each one has a different "flavor" Wait - I have 4 accounts now, but the 4th just holds inf in email pretty much. 
Each account has a "brand" of sorts. The Ukase brand, which is more about order. (More defense, more HP when appropriate). The Gordian brand which is more chaos (recharge, dps-focused) and the Apache brand which are a blend of chaos/order. 

I make no apologies for pursuing variations of Ukase, Gordian or Apache named characters. Obviously, I can't control what anyone else does. But, I still have the right to be amused & appreciate or be annoyed by it. 

As for being an altaholic, I used to wonder about these people you refer to alt-aholics. I'm still not sure it means the same thing to everyone. As far as I can tell, everyone aside from maybe LB3k and Veracorp are altaholics. I know one guy that I don't think I've ever seen him on the same character twice. Like ever. I don't know for sure, but my guess is everyone has multiple characters. They may play one more often, but if you have more than one...is that the threshold for being an alt-aholic? Or is three? Or is it something else? 

Edited by Ukase

Are you willing to use LKN-351, its parts, or its derivation as part of your name.  Frigid is taken (I just checked.  Sometimes the obvious ones are still available) .  But I bet Frigid LKN, Frigid 351, Frigid LichKiNg, or similar names are freely available.

Edited by Bionic_Flea

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

Feel free to be judgemental, or a jerk. Be yourself, whomever that may be. I'm too obtuse at this early hour to take offense. 

There's only so much time in a day, so I don't play each of them daily, but I do play them all routinely. If they don't get play after 3 months, I tend to just respec them, get the IOs out, and delete them, then re-roll them - with the same name. That way, I'm only using a dozen names, not ALL of them. 

In the spirit of transparency, I have three accounts, and each one has a different "flavor" Wait - I have 4 accounts now, but the 4th just holds inf in email pretty much. 
Each account has a "brand" of sorts. The Ukase brand, which is more about order. (More defense, more HP when appropriate). The Gordian brand which is more chaos (recharge, dps-focused) and the Apache brand which are a blend of chaos/order. 

I make no apologies for pursuing variations of Ukase, Gordian or Apache named characters. Obviously, I can't control what anyone else does. But, I still have the right to be amused & appreciate or be annoyed by it. 

As for being an altaholic, I used to wonder about these people you refer to alt-aholics. I'm still not sure it means the same thing to everyone. As far as I can tell, everyone aside from maybe LB3k and Veracorp are altaholics. I know one guy that I don't think I've ever seen him on the same character twice. Like ever. I don't know for sure, but my guess is everyone has multiple characters. They may play one more often, but if you have more than one...is that the threshold for being an alt-aholic? Or is three? Or is it something else? 

I was trying to use your words back in a humorous way, it obviously worked! I really wasn't trying to be a jerk about it, sorry if that's how I came across.

Everyone has the right to do whatever they like,true. Even if it annoys you. I've tried writing that several different ways and they all seemed aggresive, so I just went simple.

They way I've always used/taken altoholic is a joking manner of "you make an alt at the drop of a hat", not saying you make to many.

9 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Are you willing to use LKN-351, its parts, or its derivation as part of your name.  Frigid is taken (I just checked.  Sometimes the obvious ones are still available) .  But I bet Frigid LKN, Frigid 351, Frigid LichKiNg, or similar names are freely available.

I did actually think about that cause I have made and do from time to time make variants of my old main character. The reason I decided against that is because I'd have to change the costume. LKN-351 is a model number for cybernetics systems. Yeah I could find ways to justify it but those where ideas I came up with years ago and I still like the generalized idea.

Although I could possibly use the way my old team mates used to phenetically pronounce my global... which was Lincoln/Linkin/Linkoln but it doesn't have the pizazz or pop that I feel like my other names have.

I really like LichKiNg but it'd have to be a totally different character and I'd be quite a bit concerned about being generic'd lol

I may take some of these suggestions and try translating them to Japanese till I get something that sounds interesting/ominous and then translates back to something amusing lol

Is there a better site to use for that idea other than Google translate that maybe someone has used? I tried a few different word combinations on there with less than stellar results.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, LKN-351 said:

Whiteout I really dig... sadly I suspect its probably taken.

His name could be a callback to that old Surfaris song, "HahahaWhiteout"

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

22 hours ago, Ukase said:

There is no fixed limit for it but id say someone in the upper 2 digits amount of chars numberwise is clearly an altaholic, i for sure am one, i am up to 3 digits back on live and now on HC already 🙂 .

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

12 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

Is there a better site to use for that idea other than Google translate that maybe someone has used? I tried a few different word combinations on there with less than stellar results.

I don't know if it's "better," but I often use Wiktionary in conjunction with Google Translate and momjunction.com to "triangulate" on a name.  It even works sometimes!

Absolute Zero

Snowborn

Arctic Drifter

Flash Freeze

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Frostee-Freeze...wait, that's taken 🙂

Frosty Hoar

Jack-of-all-Ice

Glacier Glaze

Crystal Berg

Cube of Destruction

I-Cycle

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

9 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

There is no fixed limit for it but id say someone in the upper 2 digits amount of chars numberwise is clearly an altaholic, i for sure am one, i am up to 3 digits back on live and now on HC already 🙂 .

This, this is wonderful news.  I finally have cured myself of altholism by breaking the 2 digit limit!  I  think I am now at 106 characters.

Altholic free since character 100 is my new motto.

• Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!