About some complaints going around lately regarding the state of Homecoming development.

Albion

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

As my dad once said (when I was 15) about his house if I didn't want to abide by his rules I could leave at any time and go get a job and get my own place.

Which is wildly sadistic and just godawful parenting. 

• Thumbs Down 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

17 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Well, this isn't the place for it and I find a vast number of your comments about things outside the game amusing, but I'd love to know what you think the alternative is. All the kids get to vote on things?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

7 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Well, this isn't the place for it and I find a vast number of your comments about things outside the game amusing, but I'd love to know what you think the alternative is. All the kids get to vote on things?

I have two children. "Do whatever I say without questioning or me providing any reasoning at all" is not how to do things. I am deeply sorry you were apparently raised that way. 

On topic, yay devs! Keep it up. @Cobalt Arachne in particular 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

16 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

I have two children. "Do whatever I say without questioning or me providing any reasoning at all" is not how to do things. I am deeply sorry you were apparently raised that way.

But that's not the same thing at all. All children must follow house rules; within reason, they are open to debate and explanation. But in the end, parents hold veto power that should always be executed in the best interests of the child.

Proto-adults who decide the rules don't apply to them can be made to consider the depths of the alternatives, and opt to leave if that's how unhappy they really are. I've known three emancipated minors in my life, all very stable and accomplished adults.

Six kids, by the way. (Or eight, but that would take some explaining.) All exceptional citizen/adults despite at least one round of "the rules don't apply to me!" with each.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Personally I have not heard much in the way of complaints necessarily. I don't count it as a complaint when someone asks for a feature that they know of from another server. That's just a source of ideas. I'd say my impression of the players' sentiments on the state of HC is pretty positive. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, A Cat said:

I'd say my impression of the players' sentiments on the state of HC is pretty positive. 

Agreed. While I have many issues with the state of the game, the vast majority of them were around back before the snap. A few have been made worse but it doesn't change the fact that I'm grateful to the dev team for keeping the doors open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

But that's not the same thing at all. All children must follow house rules; within reason, they are open to debate and explanation. But in the end, parents hold veto power that should always be executed in the best interests of the child.

As a teacher who has taught literally over a thousand students in every single age range from three to seventy seven....

.....anyone who thinks there shouldn't be hard lines for rules with children, AND EVEN ADULTS, can feel free to conduct a class of 30 while I laugh in the corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

Just my two inf: 

CoH, regardless of server it's played on - Rebirth, HC, or whatever flavors are out there - has a lot of things to enjoy and well, not enjoy so much. 

Here on HC, we have converters going 10 for every 3 reward merits. (I think that's correct). And on Rebirth, it's 250k plus 5 reward merits for 1 converter. 
Here on HC - the AH is pretty much alive and well. On Rebirth, folks there are more likely to set up a trade than use the AH, at least for bigger ticket items because of the AH fees. (The prices of purples used to be like live - 275M for a purple, but now they give purples away in the packs, which are accessible 2 at a time, for each account, each week, if you've logged your character in for the requisite number of weeks to gain the tier levels the packs are on. And you can have 8 accounts if you want. So, you can rack up the goodies pretty high if you're patient enough to stick around.

But, I don't play on Rebirth routinely like I do here. They've made a lot of changes there - a new AT called a Guardian, whatever that is. No idea what it's like, and couldn't really be bothered to find out.  And I'm sure there are others - I'm just not there enough to realize what those changes might be. 

I suspect at least some of these complaints - which aren't really complaints from what I've heard, more ....points of information - are given simply to explain where they're coming from. 
As for those who are genuinely whining about a lack of this or such and such place has that - so what? 

I would wager a billion influence that these folks are in the minority. And, as far as I can tell, this isn't a democracy here. It's a benevolent dictatorship. What folks think really doesn't matter. And as I've been told, to a degree, it really CAN'T matter. Because there's no way to please all the people all the time. Hard enough to please some of the people some of the time. 

In this day and age, with the pandemic woes, it's really quite a wonder we're not in a state of anarchy. People wearing masks when out and about, nobody's seeing anyone's smiling face except on tv. It's quite depressing for many people. You kind of have to take things with a grain of salt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

All I'm getting from this thread is that we're getting a Spaghetti Blast set, some of you freaks are clothed and parents do things.

So it's a normal day.

Can't wait to see the T9 power in that set. 

• Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

Can't say I've seen many complaints recently, but when they come up the answer is usually the same: if you like what another server is doing, then go there. No one is stopping you. There's no reason to stick around a place you don't like when you have the option to go somewhere you think you'll like more. CoH even has the "bonus" that you can just flat make your own place to hang out and change anything you want whenever you want.

Homecoming's focus is primarily on stability of the service. While I don't agree with every change they do roll out (and I've been pretty vocal about specific topics and suspicions), I still value a stable product that's more-or-less the same game I was forced to leave all those years ago thanks to the shut down.

If that's not something you want, you've got more than a few options that offer something different. No one will begrudge you for choosing something better suited to what you're looking for.

• Like 3

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

9 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Can't wait to see the T9 power in that set. 

All I know is, if it doesn't include a jaunty jingle, it's missed its mark.  

Spoiler

• Haha 2

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

21 hours ago, Haijinx said:

I've almost completely given up on any chance they are going to abolish Regen.

There, fixed that for ya.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

For me, compared to the retail release of Live in 2004, HC is just about perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 minute ago, biostem said:

artist-rendition-Flying-Spaghetti-Monste

Beautiful, an aberration born from the conjoined effort of Pastamancers and Saucerers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

35 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Sometimes it Rains Meatballs .... T9 AoE power

Useless until you slot it with Garlic, Anchovy, Onion, Flour and Pepper IOs... the Agita set. Then it rocks.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

There, fixed that for ya.

You're saying that as a joke, but Willpower is basically Actual Regen to such an extent it should have replaced it entirely in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

On 1/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, Aurora_Girl said:

That's your view - and you're entitled to it - but I'd disagree. 
My dad told me the same thing. So, at 16, thinking my weekend job would be enough to carry me through life, I left. Slept with a cardboard blanket under a bridge. Who knew there were literal bats there? Not me, lol. 

As the morning sun came up, I went to my place of employment and ate some of the day old donuts, for free, cuz they were just going to go the pig-farmer. Kept a couple of fritters for lunch. Went to school. But, donuts got old in more ways than one, and my friends finally talked me into going back home. College would have been a tough road without the support of my parents - even if it was just a roof over my head. And yeah, a hurricane coming was part of the reality check, lol. 

My point is - if the old man hadn't said that to me, I might not have left. I might not have learned that I was taking a lot of things for granted. Some kids have a hard head, and what may be godawful parenting for one kid may be great parenting for another. Kids are people, too and are all different. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1