Patch Notes for February 10th, 2022

• Developer

Events

• The Spring Fling event is now active.

NPCs

Pocket D

• Ganymede, Scratch, Jessica Megan Duncan, and Arbiter Hawk now have the proper Contact NPC FX rings.
  • Dram and Chilly now have the proper Vendor NPC FX rings.

Tasks

Spring Fling 2012 - Arbiter Hawk: 'The Widow in Red'

• Revamped Virgil Tarikoss's dialog tree to better fit his character, as the previous dialog tree was copy-pasted 1:1 from the hero contact.
  • The obol contact now provides a few vials of mana-infused blood which are used in the ritual instead of the player character cutting themselves.
  • DJ Zero's involvement in this story arc has been removed as it violated his 'absolute neutrality' rule. Mercedes Sheldon (in Pocket D) has inherited his role with a rewritten dialog tree.
  • A few lore inconsistences, typos, and mistakes were corrected in the arc's text.

Spring Fling 2012 - Jessica Megan Duncan: 'The Widow in Red'

• The obol contact now provides a few vials of mana-infused blood which are used in the ritual instead of the player character cutting themselves.
  • DJ Zero's involvement in this story arc has been removed as it violated his 'absolute neutrality' rule. Mercedes Sheldon (in Pocket D) has inherited his role with a rewritten dialog tree.
  • A few lore inconsistences, typos, and mistakes were corrected in the arc's text.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 8

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

• Developer
16 minutes ago, Voltor said:

So......about the missions with the incarnate cimerorans.......

We're waiting to see how many badgers get desperate enough to defeat Romulus one hundred times.
Naw, just kidding. 😉

It's still coming! January was, unfortunately, busier than we had hoped for many members of the dev team.

The reality of being volunteer developers is that we have to ensure the responsibilities of our personal lives are met first and that comes with sometimes having less (but sometimes more!) time to work on the game than we expect.

Good stuff is still in the works, rest assured! Stay tuned!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 10

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

23 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

It's still coming! January was, unfortunately, busier than we had hoped for many members of the dev team.

The reality of being volunteer developers is that we have to ensure the responsibilities of our personal lives are met first and that comes with sometimes having less (but sometimes more!) time to work on the game than we expect.

We love you folks!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

We're waiting to see how many badgers get desperate enough to defeat Romulus one hundred times.
Naw, just kidding. 😉

Believe me I understand well the constraints of time.  Was hoping today was both Valentine event and the new missions is all

• Like 2

25 alts with all the badges!

I did it the hard way, probably fried a bunch of neurons on the way but i have no regrets 🤪

Honey badger knows no fear !

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ogged2 said:

Uhm, Scratch is offering my level 18 Villain Dominator two Hero Contacts .. working as intended ?

I think this is an old bug from live.  Is one Jake Montoya from Skyway?  I need to find a semi abandoned villain and see if the hero contact is still listed.   I think Montoya… I need to check tonight, 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

4 hours ago, ogged2 said:

Uhm, Scratch is offering my level 18 Villain Dominator two Hero Contacts .. working as intended ?

My redsiders experience the same with Father Time and DJ Zero, only get offered blue side contacts. Can't remember ever having been offered red side contacts in Pocket D.

5 hours ago, ogged2 said:

It's the same problem as Father Time.  For whatever reason the Pocket D event contacts offer new contacts despite not being supposed to, and I guess they default to Hero contacts because Pocket D is technically a blueside zone?  I don't know that part, but it's a known issue.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I couldn't get the mishes from the contacts either, had zero tasks and was swapping alignment to unlock them. No dice so I reached out for help.
Got a msg back from support, hope it helps others that are stuck. Currently going through and closing out arcs, didn't remember this being a thing.

This is usually because you have too many arcs open and need to clear some. Arcs are indicated by a little book icon in your contacts. Check inactive as well as active. Arcs from other alignments will count towards the total, so hero arcs as a villain and villain arcs as a hero.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

hilariously, the first thing I did was Google it and I said to myself "nah, they can't be referring to some kind of ancient coin, it must have some other meaning I'm missing"