Just a quick hello

8 minutes ago, Epoh_Imagiro said:

Someone in a Discord server said CoH was back, and I've found you folks.  I'm honestly kind of emotional about it- lol.  I look forward to playing with you all.

Welcome back! Lots of helpful stuff for new/returning players in the "Guides" sub forum. Also recommend checking out the Homecoming community driven Wiki (linked at the top of the website if viewing in desktop mode). Lots of players here to help if you're overwhelmed or have specific questions. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 minutes ago, Epoh_Imagiro said:

Someone in a Discord server said CoH was back, and I've found you folks.  I'm honestly kind of emotional about it- lol.  I look forward to playing with you all.

First time loggin back in, hearing the music, seein Ms Liberty... yea. It's a gut punch.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Epoh_Imagiro said:

Welcome back!  Here's a hanky.  Now GO HUNT KILL SKULS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

First time loggin back in, hearing the music, seein Ms Liberty... yea. It's a gut punch.

An entirely different feeling than what I got from Paragon Chat, which used the CoH client as the front end to a chatserver; you had all the character design, and could run/jump/fly around, and speak and use emotes, but it always felt to me like the reanimated corpse of CoH -- all of the framework, but nothing of what made it live. I couldn't spend more than ten or fifteen minutes logged in before it just made me more morose about its fate than I'd been. Fortunately, I won the bet I'd made with myself (that at least one of the devs had kept a copy of the game code), and found Homecoming shortly after it became public.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome back! Now Go. Hunt. KIll Skulz.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Welcome back!

Here's a useful tip for picking a shard to play on - at the top of this page, click on 'SERVER STATUS' to see how many people are on each server.  Check at the times you normally play.  Also, all of the shards are at the same location except Reunion, so there won't be more or less lag for one.  If you're playing from Europe, the Reunion shard is in Germany.  All the rest are in Canada.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

the shards are at the same location except Reunion, so there won't be more or less lag for one.  If you're playing from Europe, the Reunion shard is in Germany.  All the rest are in Canada.

The shards are on mobile trucks driving around each country continuously by auto driving robot chauffeurs using an AI algorithm from 2500BCE Egypt to avoid detection from NCSoft. That said they are typically lag free, and run via player donations that open on a monthly basis.

Welcome back.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:35 AM, Glacier Peak said:

Welcome back! Lots of helpful stuff for new/returning players in the "Guides" sub forum. Also recommend checking out the Homecoming community driven Wiki (linked at the top of the website if viewing in desktop mode). Lots of players here to help if you're overwhelmed or have specific questions. 

Can't stress enough what @Glacier Peak said.  CoH: Homecoming is a living game, meaning it's not static.  Don't worry, it's still your beloved game, but there's new content, new costume elements, new powers, and several rough spots have been smoothed out. I'd especially recommend reading up on the travel changes and improvements, which can help very early on.  

Edited by Techwright

2 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

Huh. I always thought that was done by Mumford and Sons. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."