Is development here slowing to a stop? Maintenance mode?

irishhawk

22 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

The reason we can't commit to dates/reveal things until they're closer to release is because our timetables are not directly under our control. We're all unpaid volunteers who donate our time and expertise to work on the game for free, but how much time we can donate varies a huge amount on a day-to-day basis. We can't commit time that would cause our personal lives to suffer, as that's not long-term sustainable, so we work on the game as much as we possibly can as unpaid volunteers. Our love for this game/its community is the passion that continues to fuel us to work on it, and I can promise you there is no shortage of it on the dev team.

I think the DEV team is doing great.

I don't want to be treated like a customer the way that most big gaming companies like to treat their customers.

I like feeling at Home with people that are doing what they are doing because they love the game.

I mainly feel that way because I love the game, and I know that people that really love the game want to do things for it that are true to and for the love of the game.

And, yeah, work, real life, and fun have to balance out so that none are taking too much of a toll on the others. Balance is important in most aspects of life.

Thank you and other DEVs for keeping this CITY that I love alive.

Edited by UltraAlt
"or" to "are" ... I know that proofreading is a thing, but ...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 11

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I'm happy to hear this. I don't know if the new stuff will be for me but that's ok. The HC team has been doing a great job and the quality is on par with the Live Devs in many ways (if not better). I also appreciate someone from the team checking in and giving us a state of the game update. Big thanks to the HC team.

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

Carp melee !!!   Here we have some leaked footage from the beta test server of the dual carp and titan carp melee powersets. 

1020737664_FishSlap.gif.67d7fa318a4c9a5680ce90fdbab7ed4b.gif

Allow me to annotate this video for you:

T1 power, Carp Slap

T1 power, Carp Slap

T1 power, Carp Slap

T9 power, Honking Big Carp

(ETA:  zOMG, it just struck me that we need a big carp for Titan Weapons, that would be awesome!)

Edited by Clave Dark 5
Carp!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 5/16/2022 at 8:00 PM, Snarky said:

So they are finally fixing Rage on Super Strength???

What do you mean, they already fixed the bug that bypassed the -def if you stacked it!

/s

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

8 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Did I forget that was a thing?

Seems so. "They fixed" that in the summer of 2019.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 3 weeks later
On 5/16/2022 at 8:00 PM, Snarky said:

So they are finally fixing Rage on Super Strength???

Soon™®©℠

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum