Motivation to run Aeon SF...lol

Ukase

Recently, I'd leveled up an SS/Fire brute, and had a fair amount of fun playing it. It came in useful having Foot Stomp and Burn available in Moonfire, which I like to run the first two missions to go towards the Atlas Medallion. Figured I'd make another one, only make it a little different, avoiding leadership pool, and using Fold Space to bring the mobs in for the foot stomp with the FF recharge proc, and burn procced out right after. 

Hit level 49, and wouldn't have enough slots to do much with a ranged attack, so figured I'd just take taunt. I knew there was a D-Sync to slap in there. 

This is what I saw, lol. Only one for sale. 

Given the 20 different ones available via the RNG...sheesh...a 53 is gonna require more than a few runs, I'd say. Damned if I won't just slot a Perfect Zinger in it for 800k, though. I ain't spending that kind of loot for one enhancement, even if I can buy a ton of them. 

image.png.6691a4fa138d2fcd6b8c7e83410c33e3.png

Yikes.  Yeah I forget which one I got a while back but I remember selling the D-Sync I had for a (to me) high amount.  Still running a SF just for that isn't that bad but given RNGesus good luck getting exactly that one you need.  I remember when HOs first hit and the disappointment when after yet another run I got the useless one.

6 hours ago, Ukase said:

Given the 20 different ones available via the RNG...sheesh...a 53 is gonna require more than a few runs, I'd say. Damned if I won't just slot a Perfect Zinger in it for 800k, though. I ain't spending that kind of loot for one enhancement, even if I can buy a ton of them. 

People aren't using it for taunt powers. The acc/Recharge is the big winner, slotting into basically any power. Fold Space comes to mind as an obvious beneficiary (can't slot sets), but I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

9 hours ago, Bopper said:

The acc/Recharge is the big winner, slotting into basically any power. Fold Space comes to mind as an obvious beneficiary (can't slot sets), but I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

I use them in Fold Space. 

I could also see them in, say, Fulcrum Shift.

These are fantastic slot economizers.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, Ukase said:

Hit level 49, and wouldn't have enough slots to do much with a ranged attack, so figured I'd just take taunt. I knew there was a D-Sync to slap in there. 

Yeah, I would have put it in Burn.

A +5 Armageddon A/R gets you 41.4%/41.4%, but it's unique.  A 53 DSO gets you +38.3%/38.3% and you can slot as many as you want.

Who run Bartertown?

On 5/20/2022 at 9:55 PM, Bopper said:

People aren't using it for taunt powers. The acc/Recharge is the big winner, slotting into basically any power. Fold Space comes to mind as an obvious beneficiary (can't slot sets), but I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

I didn't even consider that. I still wouldn't use it for a situational power like fold space. It's already up every other mob, give or take a few seconds. I think some folks must be using it (Fold Space) more creatively than I am. 

37 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I didn't even consider that. I still wouldn't use it for a situational power like fold space. It's already up every other mob, give or take a few seconds. I think some folks must be using it (Fold Space) more creatively than I am. 

I used to wonder the same thing about the End/Move hamis. I had no idea why they sold for as much as I did, but folks will pay a premium for the slightest of edges. In this case, it's an even larger edge give how some powers can't take sets but could really use a 2 for 1 enhancement like Acc/Rch

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 5/20/2022 at 3:01 PM, Ukase said:

image.png.6691a4fa138d2fcd6b8c7e83410c33e3.png

Haha... Suckers... I've been listing mine at 1,524,824,045

• Haha 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Maybe this is what was meant as a marginal gain, but I always thought that the primary appeal of the End/Move HOs was that it avoided making the choice between slotting for either Run speed or Flight speed in Swift. (For "Sprint", I just leverage the Prestige options to have different one-slot-wonders)

Fold Space, Benumb, Siphon Power, Fulcrum Shift and Heat Exhaustion are the powers that have me thinking unslot/slot (or even respec) to use Provocation.  Benumb especially since it has a high base recharge:uptime ratio.

I've never been a "value consumer".  I just acquire what I want to use and not worry about marginal gains.  This particular D-Sync though makes me at least do a thorough analysis of "is it worth it?".  I think for Benumb it is.

At this point I use 2 for Benumb, though I haven't combined to 53 yet.  I'll use them as I happen to get them from the Aeons I run, which isn't terribly frequent.

The end/slow/rch is another high value D-Sync.  So far I've only used it for Tar Patch.

From what I understand the PVPers loved the microfilaments and they were the drivers of the high price.  That's fine with me, I wouldn't use it if it had Dmg/Mez bargain basement prices so I sell those ASAP.

I'm honestly very surprised that there isn't a lot more demand for some of the HO/DSOs out there, given that fact that lots of us have loads of disposable wealth.

Example:  You can three slot a defense power with LotG recharge, defense, and D/E at level 50, and get 54.15% defense enhancement, 26.5% endurance reduction, 7.5% recharge, 10% regeneration, and 1.12% hp increase.  (I guess you could +5 them with boosters and increase it to 57.76% defense enhancement and 33.13% endurance reduction, but then you lose all benefits when you exemplar below 47 I believe).  Or you could three slot with LotG recharge and 2x lvl 53 Cyto for 56.29% defense enhancement, 75.93% endurance reduction, 7.5% recharge and lose the regeneration and hp increase, which I find to be pretty much insignificant.  Yes, a lvl 53 Cyto is markedly more expensive than a LotG, but what the hell else am I going to spend the inf on?

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm honestly very surprised that there isn't a lot more demand for some of the HO/DSOs out there, given that fact that lots of us have loads of disposable wealth.

Example:  You can three slot a defense power with LotG recharge, defense, and D/E at level 50, and get 54.15% defense enhancement, 26.5% endurance reduction, 7.5% recharge, 10% regeneration, and 1.12% hp increase.  (I guess you could +5 them with boosters and increase it to 57.76% defense enhancement and 33.13% endurance reduction, but then you lose all benefits when you exemplar below 47 I believe).  Or you could three slot with LotG recharge and 2x lvl 53 Cyto for 56.29% defense enhancement, 75.93% endurance reduction, 7.5% recharge and lose the regeneration and hp increase, which I find to be pretty much insignificant.  Yes, a lvl 53 Cyto is markedly more expensive than a LotG, but what the hell else am I going to spend the inf on?

Ehem. I've done exactly this with the few of of my builds when I looked back and discovered there were three slots dedicated to LotG (IIRC the global +Recharge piece also gives some defense!)... I'm generally meh on that regeneration bonus although with the (tiny) +HP I can imagine a small number of AT builds these might mean something to someone(*1). For my cases, it's almost entirely been about the Endurance cost of some toggle. Of course, Cytoskeletons also go into +ToHit powers as well, and there are a handful of powers that offer both Defense and ToHit!

(*1) Global +Recharge is +Recharge, but IIRC the PVP Shield Wall 3-piece bonus offers the same (PvE) regeneration but 2xthe +HP... and that set can be boosted to 50+5.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

Unless I'm light on global accuracy, I tend to go 3 boosted Shield Walls + 1 attuned LotG 7.5.  If I happen to need to global acc (rare but it's happened) then it's 4 LotGs.

Usually I don't have an issue with global +Accuracy (so I get you), but I want to write this: I think in every case I ever considered either of these (4-)slotting choices, the diminishing returns of Enhancement Diversification always had me moving that 4th slot to somewhere else in the build... and it was my reconsideration of such a fourth slot (in Defense powers) that had me reconsidering the enhancement choices that @Yomo Kimyata mentioned above. I will spend like a drunken sailor on enhancements, but I'm a pre-Christmas morning Scrooge when it comes to slots!

No one should really take slotting advice from me of course, because I play all sorts of content at all levels and all difficulties... and so I'm never satisfied with any given build (or three). If there are dangers to having too much Inf, for me it manifests itself in never being able to remember which character build I logged in with.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/20/2022 at 7:55 PM, Bopper said:

(raises hand in embarassment)

I did. Misdirection on my defender. 1 slot of D-Sync, 1 slot of recharge +5.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

On 5/21/2022 at 7:35 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Yeah, I would have put it in Burn.

A +5 Armageddon A/R gets you 41.4%/41.4%, but it's unique.  A 53 DSO gets you +38.3%/38.3% and you can slot as many as you want.

So, in short, we need more of these for everyone! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not too ashamed to admit that I was noodling around with a new character that needed a single slot of Accuracy/Recharge and it was not immediately that it occurred to me to use a +5 boosted Purple instead of a level 53 piece.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I have one . . . for now.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)