When is the next major event?

Turric

As in, when is the next server special event (invasion, incursion, holiday etc)?

With a handful of Rikti invasions last week because of the LGTF being the weekly, it got me wondering when the next Rikti invasions would be? I have a ton of toons who are partly finished with those badges.

I would also prefer a Halloween event before Halloween. And a Christmas present before Christmas. And while you're at it, I would like a birthday present each month! (sarcasm)

Was there a July 4th event?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Hmm... (checks Excelsior name availability)

image.png.808f1e26349db6bf0205871ad78940e1.png

Interesting... Has anyone ever actually seen Spaghetti Betty at the same time as Major Event?

You'll have to ask the millions (and millions) of Spaghetti Betty fans.

(Also Major Event should be an AR/Time Corr. Sounds boss)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

After the Anniversary stuff/Nemesis Invasions, there's not really any seasonal events until Halloween starts.

It could be an interesting opportunity to add a new one, though. Something summer-y - beach invasions by swimsuit-clad villains? Random Lusca spawns in various bodies of water throughout the city? Maybe the Lord of Winter has a Lord of Summer counterpart, whose heatwave inducing fire minions could invade the streets. Heck, some unique rewards or alternate missions for the Summer Blockbuster could work.

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Unfortunately, the army of the great Lord Nemesis has subsumed all of the available majors.  Would you settle for a captain event and a few master sergeant events?

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I keep encountering the Map Server event from time to time without the spawns. . . .  (I kid, I kid)

While the idea of a Rikti Mother ship over Atlas City Hall on July 4th has a certain ring to it, give existing nemesis a color update (red white and blue Jeagers would be fun) a new alternate world Nemesis invasion with the False Nemesis altered to look like Uncle Sam (Change the color scheme and give him a top hat).  Have the Nemesis fight everything with cheesy patriotic dialog that they are here to liberate this world from it's oppressors, it is Independence Day!  Basically a dialog and color scheme revamp of the Nemesis Plot Invasion Event.  Maybe throw in spawns from the alternate Counsel worlds invading too agroing on everything.  Everybody likes beating up on those guys and I enjoy villian groups fighting against each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

I'm imagining random Lusca tentacles popping up through the little pools around the Atlas statue... sounds like a good time!

Right? That'd be hilarious. For a mini-event, it doesn't seem like it'd be too bad - not worse than the zombie or Rikti invasions, at least. xD

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, The_Warpact said:

July 4th Rikti invasions would be cool. (Yes I realize this isn't an American only game)

It wouldn't have to be tied to holidays and such would it?  Just something that is run in the summer.  Here's an example (just whipping up something):

"Shades of the Past"

Summer sunspot activity is unusual and has wreaked havok on the Ouroboros portaling system.  Now weirdly-colored O-portals have been spawning randomly throughout the city and the islands.  Superpowered types who've dared to venture to touch them have been whisked away to key moments in past times:  Brass Monday, the 5th Column/Council War, the first appearance of the Banished Pantheon, etc.  They've found if left unchecked, threatening groups will eventually touch the portal at the other end of time, and begin spilling into the present.  It will be up to those who dare to enter the portals to drive back the threat and set a charge  to destroy the portals after they themselves return through them.  Because of the surge of opponents, they'll have a limited time before the portals are overrun.

Admittedly that's big, but in essence, a scenario like this probably uses some things we already have, like O-portals and their graphics to accomplish a different look, say purple O-portals (purple is gold's opposite), and a different task - directing adventurers to a random instance with a growing number of opponents.  If the requirements are not met in a limited amount of time, an invasion begins, but might not be limited to just Rikti or Nemesis.  If the mechanics for those invasions can be applied to other groups, we might get a Banished Pantheon invasion, or a Sky Raiders invasion with Col. Duray filling the AV appearance role that Nemesis now plays.  Etc., etc., etc.   Badges for stopping each group involved in the event in time, and for clearing the groups if not in time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, Spaghetti Betty said:

Please, every time I log on is a major event.

No, don't worry. You don't have to correct me. I see you typing.

You should see the party after you log off.

• Haha 6

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

1 hour ago, wjrasmussen said:

You should see the party after you log off.

I'm sure it's more equivalent to a wake then a celebration.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Haha 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

On 5/25/2022 at 7:29 PM, Techwright said:

"Shades of the Past"

.... weirdly-colored O-portals ... whisked away to...Brass Monday, the 5th Column/Council War, the first appearance of the Banished Pantheon, etc. 

Say four different colored portals, each a known quantity like "red takes you to Brass Monday, blue to the 5th Column/Council War," etc.  Badge given upon completion of each task within that portal, another badge for completing all of them (and maybe some extra defeat-badges too).  Sort of like the Banner event that way.  I like this idea a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 5/23/2022 at 10:32 PM, Turric said:

As in, when is the next server special event (invasion, incursion, holiday etc)?

With a handful of Rikti invasions last week because of the LGTF being the weekly, it got me wondering when the next Rikti invasions would be? I have a ton of toons who are partly finished with those badges.

I would also prefer a Halloween event before Halloween. And a Christmas present before Christmas. And while you're at it, I would like a birthday present each month! (sarcasm)

Was there a July 4th event?

I am not into seeing all of these events more often than the appropriate timeframe. No thanks. It ruins the novelty and some may say the unique nature of the event. I also don't like the Summer Blockbuster being around all the time. I'd prefer June-Sept or whatever for that event.

Devs did add a couple events which is cool. Another player posted a Zodiac event where a zodiac GM would spawn only during its corresponding calendar date. Each zodiac (ex Aries) would spawn at random times and have a unique/new appearance and relevant power type (ram/charge so shield - maybe a brute or tank). Each GM would provide a badge. Get all 12 badges and you get an accolade (maybe you can pick from a table each time you get all 12: +2 ACC or DAM or END etc). This would be a nice, easy add.

Anyway, I know HC is limited so I don't expect a ton.

I am surprised that no one has suggested this yet, but I have said, and will always say, that a great event would be if all the giant monsters in the game suddenly started breaking out of the zones they are in only begin to appearing in various random zones all around the city, at random times throughout the event. Each wouldn't give you their badge per say, but another unique one based on the event and the particular monster in question even. Heck, they could even be made to be harder to take down health/resistance wise so that it requires 2-3 times the people to take down, as opposed to how easy it is sometimes to normally do. Can you imagine it? Your flying threw Atlas Park on your way to Miss Liberty to lvl up, when all of a sudden you see both the Kronos Titan and Jack of Irons coming from different directions in the zone and heading towards each other to do battle under the Atlas Statue. 😁 It could even be called the Monster Mash event lol...

Now that would be a party...

Peace...

6 hours ago, TrelNargil said:

I am surprised that no one has suggested this yet, but I have said, and will always say, that a great event would be if all the giant monsters in the game suddenly started breaking out of the zones they are in only begin to appearing in various random zones all around the city, at random times throughout the event. Each wouldn't give you their badge per say, but another unique one based on the event and the particular monster in question even. Heck, they could even be made to be harder to take down health/resistance wise so that it requires 2-3 times the people to take down, as opposed to how easy it is sometimes to normally do. Can you imagine it? Your flying threw Atlas Park on your way to Miss Liberty to lvl up, when all of a sudden you see both the Kronos Titan and Jack of Irons coming from different directions in the zone and heading towards each other to do battle under the Atlas Statue. 😁 It could even be called the Monster Mash event lol...

Now that would be a party...

Peace...

Perhaps give them proximity boosts to damage and defense?  Nothing insane, but enough for a noticeable difference when they're fighting shoulder to shoulder, so to speak.

6 hours ago, TrelNargil said:

Heck, they could even be made to be harder to take down health/resistance wise so that it requires 2-3 times the people to take down

Bullet sponges aren't harder, they're more boring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.