Make stun turn of flight

xl8

No thank you. Just like I don't want a hold or an immob to knock me out of the sky. It can be hard enough to survive as a squishy character flying out of melee range hoping you recover from a stun or hold while in mid-flight as is. I don't want my squishies to also suffer fall damage and then get shredded by the higher damage melee attacks of the enemies I am trying to stay out of reach of.

Edit: Besides, while it makes sense for something flapping its wings to drop from the sky when stunned, it does not for someone using a jetpack, a mechanical wing system, anti-grav device, flight magic, or any of a multitude of other super world explanations for flying.

Edited by Rudra

3 hours ago, xl8 said:

If an enemy stuns you while flying, you should drop to the ground, not wander midair. Plz fix.

Um....why?  I can't think of a single circumstance in which a flyer character of mine would rather drop to the ground if stunned rather than float around.  Kinda baffled by this suggestion.

Is this a PvP suggestion? Because, I would not want this change in PvE.

19 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

i believe mez attacks uses to de-toggle everything but for some reason they changed it

Yes, for the better. Re-toggling everything at level 50 was really annoying to non-mez protected ATs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh. God. No. 

I'd never be able to play my Empath/Ice/Dark defender again (well, not without a complete overhaul).  She hovers ~10ft up, 5ft back from the tank, so she can easily hit the team with the AoE heal (when needed), and keep Oppressive Gloom on the melee mobs.  Any AoE stun lobbed at the tank would hit her, dropping her right into the pack.

That aside - this would make Stun so much more deadly than the other CCs - doubly bad since Stun and Sleep are the only 2 CC effects you can't get any permanent protection from, unless your primary/secondary already grants it. (And no, break frees are a stop-gap measure, not a serious source of CC protection.  I would also like the option to run a Destiny that *isn't* clarion.)

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, xl8 said:

If an enemy stuns you while flying, you should drop to the ground, not wander midair. Plz fix.

If you're making a serious suggestion please explain why it's an issue that you believe should be fixed.

kthxbi!

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

i believe mez attacks uses to de-toggle everything but for some reason they changed it

Yeah, mezzes used to shut off most toggles prior to Issue 13's rebalancing. Now they only shut off things that directly affect enemies (like Blazing Aura and the like) while suppressing player/team-buff toggles. Part of the big PvE/PvP power revamps/QoL changes the live devs did.

Also, I can't really agree with the idea of making stun effects even better by giving all of them automatic -Fly. That'd make getting mezzed as a squishy even worse than it already is (and it can be pretty rough sometimes x.x) plus it'd make -Fly that much more easily chained provided the right circumstances.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

I think @Rudra's edit about covered it above.  It might make sense for natural, winged flyer there are a gazillion reasons why other sorts of flight that could exist wouldn't be effected at all.  In a super powered world I see far more portrayal of flight where there's no reason at all to assume stunning would drop the flyer from the sky (doubly true of dropping them like a lead weight).

23 minutes ago, Luminara said:

What's "stun turn of flight"?  Aerial acrobatics?  I'd be down for some loop de loop and barrel roll animations.

C'mon man! You can't actually expect people to use correct grammar and English now days. You're such a Boomer!  😁

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Is this a PvP suggestion? Because, I would not want this change in PvE.

Yes, for the better. Re-toggling everything at level 50 was really annoying to non-mez protected ATs.

i think it’s a shame they changed it, enemy groups are generally too easy and don’t pose a much of a challenge thesedays

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

i think it’s a shame they changed it, enemy groups are generally too easy and don’t pose a much of a challenge thesedays

This wouldn't be "challenge," this would be "annoyance." Like Malta's 2 hour stun grenades.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

There's difficulty that requires the player to think and adapt, then there's difficulty that is just frustrating and annoying;  This suggestion is the latter.

30 minutes ago, biostem said:

There's difficulty that requires the player to think and adapt, then there's difficulty that is just frustrating and annoying;  This suggestion is the latter.

think and adapt like killing foes with stun first? i play solely squishies and don’t think being stunned is a big deal, the game has been watered down a lot over the years

individual characters have become magnitudes more powerful than ever intended, yet changes are made to make the game even less challenging, seems odd to me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoonSheep said:

think and adapt like killing foes with stun first? i play solely squishies and don’t think being stunned is a big deal, the game has been watered down a lot over the years

individual characters have become magnitudes more powerful than ever intended, yet changes are made to make the game even less challenging, seems odd to me

The issue is whether "have a break free or mez first" is really enough options to be considered "adapting".  Blasters, at least, also retain use of their 1st 2 powers, even while mezzed, so it's not as big of a deal for them.  I'm not saying enemies shouldn't have mez powers too, but perhaps them being able to mez players indefintiely shouldn't be allowed.  IMO, NPC mez powers should be severe but short-lived, (like no more than 1-5 seconds), and their powers should have recharges far in excess of that duration.  I agree that the difficulty could be tweaked, but perhaps debuffs, instead of hard controls, are the answer...

36 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

think and adapt like killing foes with stun first?

Right, leave the ones with the Holds, Sleeps, endurance drains, ToHit debuffs, Resistance debuffs, Recharge debuffs and Moment of JUST FUCKING DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE I HATE THESE THINGS for last.  Fortunately, it's sooooooooooo easy to tell which ones have Stuns, and not only which ones have Stuns, but also which ones have 20% chance Stuns, which ones have 30% chance Stuns, which ones have 50% chance Stuns, which ones...

Yeah, no.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

They never did for meleers. It was a welcome boon for the squishy classes but didn't go far enough.

7 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

If you're making a serious suggestion please explain why it's an issue that you believe should be fixed.

I suspect that it's something like "Waaahhh! I was in PvP and my (Scrapper/Tank/Brute) was able to stun my flying opponent with my one ranged attack, but they didn't immediately fall to the ground so I could defeat them. Fix this *now*; stuns should be an 'I win' button!" It's almost always some form of "Other people get away with this, and I think it's an exploit that needs to be fixed immediately", and never "making this change would increase the challenge for me by making it riskier to get stunned while flying".

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I suspect that it's something like "Waaahhh! I was in PvP and my (Scrapper/Tank/Brute) was able to stun my flying opponent with my one ranged attack, but they didn't immediately fall to the ground so I could defeat them. Fix this *now*; stuns should be an 'I win' button!" It's almost always some form of "Other people get away with this, and I think it's an exploit that needs to be fixed immediately", and never "making this change would increase the challenge for me by making it riskier to get stunned while flying".

Was my first thought too.  Don't want to make assumptions, but very much smells like a PvP born suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:02 PM, xl8 said:

This already exists, it's called -Fly. Flight has what is called Fly Magnitude Protection - as long as the incoming -Fly does not cause the level of Fly Magnitude Protection that the player has to drop to zero, the player remains in the air. By activating Fly, Hover, Evasive Maneuvers and slotting the new +Fly Mag proc in to either of those three powers, a player can achieve a total of 10.3 Fly Magnitude Protection. That is enough protection for nearly everything in the game (outside of PvP). Additional Fly Magnitude Protection can be achieved with Group Fly, where each teammate in range of the player can grant stacking Fly Magnitude Protection.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 5/27/2022 at 3:38 PM, Greycat said:

This wouldn't be "challenge," this would be "annoyance." Like Malta's 2 hour stun grenades.

Eh, name something that would be considered challenging that no one would consider annoying.

I think the set-and-forget aspects of the game undermines a lot of what could be considered difficult in the game. I wouldn't particularly recommend the OP's change or any change, really since the game is already established and there isn't a need to make sweeping changes anymore...but adding some aspect to the game that directly counters set-and-forget toggles should have existed. Similarly to how we have debuffs to counter buffs and mez to counter certain actions (and protection to counter the mez), there could have been a subset of effects that target power usage...or they could have added these effects to certain mez to add more utility to them...like if Knockback had the chance of turning off a random toggle on the target.

Of course, you'd also have to change mobs' powers to incorporate more toggle powers too to give that utility some added use.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:25 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

It's unrealistic.

• Haha 2