What is Your Video Gamer Profile?

Astralock

Quantic Foundry has a test to determine what type of video game player you are.  You can take the test here.  My results can be found here.  I'm a mix of Bard and Architect, which is interesting, but also extremely accurate.  The test provides example video games for each video game player type.  The first example video game for Bard?  City of Heroes.

2022-09-09_11-16.thumb.png.3af563aaa16db0f8a2351d137a91fb69.png

I'm glad to see @Zulgeek get a different response or I was going to start to wonder if CoH players just tend to default to bard/bard is the default answer. xD

BardResult.png

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Don't worry, I got Gladiator as mine with a side of Acrobat.  I love CoH for sure, but it seems i'm also in the neighborhood of action and skill based games.  It says I should be playing Cuphead and Doom 2016 instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Bounty Hunter / Architect

https://quantic.page.link/w5GqSLTYbrKKgDjN8

Yup, makes sense. Haven't seen this site in ages and I've pretty much played (still own) most of the applicable recommendations. 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

18 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Apparently I'm a musically-inclined Mandalorian. (bounty hunter/bard)

A bounty hunter who announces themselves when they enter a room?

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Apparently I’m a Bard/Gardener… a Bardener. I expected to get Architect, though.

Most of the recommendations are Sims 3 and Sims 4. Good thing Sims 4 is about to go free-to-play soon. All I want to do there is build houses, honestly. And if someone could make a game where all we do is build spaceships of every and any conceivable configuration, I’d be all over that. Considering how many alts I make in CoH, this is unsurprising.

55-E95963-2043-497-C-B3-CE-80-B6-DA6031-

Cool test. I'm currently on mobile so apologies in advance for the horribly scaled pics.

792230653_Screenshot_20220926-0445352.thumb.png.34e00b4396d5b63fd60fa3661d9f7424.png

1469281506_Screenshot_20220926-0445442.thumb.png.3f6e0d29b1bb5600a39dde158d3ced76.png1930173951_Screenshot_20220926-0445582.png.be16a38af20109177ee682ebca26a252.png

This test pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not a stickler for immersion through storytelling as much as I am through gameplay. I don't care about being told I live in your world. I want to feel it through how I interact with it. And I really like getting super strong. Reflects in some of my favorite games, too; Dark Souls (and its ilk), Fable, Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter, City of Heroes...

Funnily enough, the #1 game recommendation for me is Phantasy Star Online 2, the first PS game I have yet to touch thanks to Sega's gross mishandling of it.

Thanks for sharing the quiz!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Curiously, the work filters allow CoH Homecoming but ban the Quantic test, so I took it on my phone. 

Apparently, I'm Samwise Gamgee.  "...there's some good in this world...and it's worth fighting for."

Bard/Gardener

Bard: "Playing a part in a Grand Story"

Gardener: "Quiet, Relaxing Task Completion"

Gamer Motivation Profile: Calm, Spontaneous, Grounded, Creative

Highest marks, 89% in the Creativity Components.  I'm actually not surprised.  I was an art minor in college, and I'm always drawn to the parts of games where the most creativity can take place: costume design, base/housing design, etc.

Action Components, 18%, I am surprised at.  Once in the fray, I tend to fight very aggressively.  It's especially true when pugging in CoH, though I tend to play more defensively and strategically when soloing, like taking on a nest of Sentinels in No Man's Sky.  Perhaps that is what the test picked up on.

• 4 weeks later
  • 1 year later
  • 2 weeks later

Yet another Bard, albeit with very high scores in the Destruction motivation. Which would make me some kind of Death-Folk or Country/Punk crossover Bard, I suppose...

• Microphone 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 1 month later

Mine was a little skewed, but I believe my love of VR titles is more the cause. I too had Bard, and I would wager a lot of CoH players will. Co-op'ing and chatting and likely a little character RP, yeah I get that a LOT in here. hehe.  I basically had a triangle split almost evenly between Action, Mastery and Creativity.  60% a piece. But immersion only 34. I love being immersed in games, and VR gives you that in spades. Back in 2016 when I first got the HTC Vive, I about teared up loading into Elite Dangerous the first time and found myself standing on the bridge of my Imperial Cutter, with Voice Attack also installed, it was literal star trek moment, walking around on the bridge of a space ship, seeing the stars and planet outside the windows and talking in real time to the computer.

Creativity is probably the most accurate on this test. Things like Ark, Palworld, and city of heroes. Things that let you build elaborate bases, explore an open world and in city, i just can't play a character unless i get the theme jusssstttt right 🙂