Wait, wha???

Six-Six

Big office maps... from a door in a very small warehouse.

"Is this, like, a basement? Wow."

• Haha 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Depending on the mission, you can actually just click on any door within a pretty small radius and zone in. It actually applies to some zone entrances, too!

I saw this when I was trick or treating in Imperial City. Clicked one door? Monsters. Clicked another? Run inside, zone into Underground Imperial. The ultimate trick.

35 minutes ago, Tath99 said:

In game:  when I enter a building and end up in a sewer, or a cave.

Mission doors used to be tied to the map type didn't they?  I'm not going mad right?

*twitch*

*twitch*

Always been a 'bit' random.  It is not completely random.  But it is not tied to the stuff one would line it up to.  There are certain "classes" of doors based on mission giver.  Radio, newspaper, are usually the most random.  A lot of story arcs are tighter, but some of those have very predictable odd results as well.

2 hours ago, Tath99 said:

In game:  when I enter a building and end up in a sewer, or a cave.

There are a few missions where you will, for example, click on a warehouse door and find the mission map is a Council underground base, and the 'on entry' pop-up window tells you that you found a hidden entrance to the Council base concealed in the warehouse. I just wish that you'd see more of these when you have disjoint door/map combinations. Although I'm not sure how the explanation would go for entering a mine tunnel door on Primeva at the north end of Nerva and find a bank map.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

Once in a while, missions choose the Architect Entertainment pillar as a door. Heh

I always chuckle when this happens, especially since (for me at least) when it does happen, it leads you to the doors to the AE balcony instead of the ground level entrance.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

The other day me and my sgmate went to beat up some rikti... whose base was in a door in a longbow base (Nerva).

"Oh yes, the longbow sewers. Big rikti hotspot," my sgmate said.

• Haha 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

16 hours ago, Zhym said:

Once "Chase Manhattan" bank is in Pittsburgh, all bets are off.

Chase is indeed in Pittsburgh, but they dropped the "Manhattan" over 20 years ago (when they merged with JP Morgan).

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

8 hours ago, Uun said:

Chase is indeed in Pittsburgh, but they dropped the "Manhattan" over 20 years ago (when they merged with JP Morgan).

Well, there was no need for "Chase Manhattan" anymore.  The Muppets already took Manhattan.

I'll...let myself out.  The exit is this way, yes? 👈👉

• Haha 2

Just yesterday, while doing radio missions in IP, I got a mission to rescue somebody who had been kidnapped by the Circle of Thorns. This led me to a door on Admiral Sutter's ship, and after clicking on the door I found myself in the blue caves.

I also got sent to the front door of the bar right next to the police station in Atlas Park. Upon entering, I found myself on the 5th floor of that 3-story building, had to work my way down to the 1st floor, occasionally rescuing a hostage whom I had to lead back up to the 5th floor so that they could exit onto the street.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Techwright said:

The exit is this way, yes?

"I can only take you as far as the lobby!"

• Haha 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 10/10/2022 at 4:50 PM, shatterpoint said:

Went into a building for a mission. Finished it and exited. Next mission was in the same building. Completely different layout.

I always get a chuckle from the second mission of the Citadel TF, which uses the identical door to the first mission.  The pop-up text at the start of the second mission is 'The smell of fresh paint is overwhelming'. 

(I really need the number of the Council's decorating firm.  Maybe they could smarten up my base for me.)

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I always get a chuckle from the second mission of the Citadel TF, which uses the identical door to the first mission.  The pop-up text at the start of the second mission is 'The smell of fresh paint is overwhelming'. 

(I really need the number of the Council's decorating firm.  Maybe they could smarten up my base for me.)

I was on a Citadel last month and the second mission was at a different spot.  So much confusion.

City of's architecture is based on TARDIS technology considering how gigantic warehouses will be inside, or office spaces with bizarre layouts, or the fact we can find sewers, caves, and other such areas in places they don't belong. Sometimes it would be nice to have logic in some things.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 10:01 AM, Grouchybeast said:

For myself, whenever I encounter a mission that is at the same door as a previous mission, I joke about the kurogo having to work especially hard to redress the map for the new mission before we go back into the door.

• Thumbs Up 1