After Page 5 Brutes will suck more. Here's why

Spaghetti Betty

As of late there has been a great deal of lamenting about the glory days of the Brute and complaints about how much they suck in modern CoH. Well, it saddens me to bring more bad news, but Brutes will suck even more in Page 5, and here's why...

In Page 5 there will be many powerset changes. Sentinels are doing extra damage. Masterminds got quality buffs as well. Even Force Fielders will now be able to contribute to teams in their own unique way. But what about Brutes?

Well, in the upcoming update, Battle Axe will be getting a revamp as well. I want to call your attention to Whirling Axe - or as it will be known henceforth - Axe Cyclone. This new power will have the ability to draw in enemies within 15ft of the Brute. What this change means is that Brutes will now suck even more than they did before.

And it doesn't stop there. If you're proc-happy, ALL Axe powers can take a Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge proc, making the extra +100% global recharge a guarantee. This could potentially increase Brute suckage thricefold. Have the devs not learned from their past mistakes?

If you compound this with other additions of power creep, then it's no secret that Brutes already sucked by using Fold Space. When will the suckage cease? These are truly the end times.

Please have calm and rational discussion below. And stay tuned for my threads on why Stone Melee is the most solid set, and how my opinion on Storm Summoning will blow you away.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 23
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Saying Fold Space benefits Brutes is like saying Inherent Fitness benefits Brutes. Or the ability to have access to Bases benefits Brutes.  Changes to the Axe only affects Tanks and Scrappers as well, so points for picking something to talk about that did not benefit everyone who logged into the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

ALL Axe powers can take a Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge proc, making the extra +100% global recharge a guarantee. This could potentially increase Brute suckage thricefold.

Why would +recharge make brutes worse?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Why would +recharge make brutes worse?

That much extra recharge would drastically decrease the recharge of Axe Cyclone, thereby increasing the use of the vacuum effect. This makes Battle Axe Brutes suck more. I hope this is easy to understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 3

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

1 hour ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

As of late there has been a great deal of lamenting about the glory days of the Brute and complaints about how much they suck in modern CoH. Well, it saddens me to bring more bad news, but Brutes will suck even more in Page 5, and here's why...

In Page 5 there will be many powerset changes. Sentinels are doing extra damage. Masterminds got quality buffs as well. Even Force Fielders will now be able to contribute to teams in their own unique way. But what about Brutes?

Well, in the upcoming update, Battle Axe will be getting a revamp as well. I want to call your attention to Whirling Axe - or as it will be known henceforth - Axe Cyclone. This new power will have the ability to draw in enemies within 15ft of the Brute. What this change means is that Brutes will now suck even more than they did before.

And it doesn't stop there. If you're proc-happy, ALL Axe powers can take a Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge proc, making the extra +100% global recharge a guarantee. This could potentially increase Brute suckage thricefold. Have the devs not learned from their past mistakes?

If you compound this with other additions of power creep, then it's no secret that Brutes already sucked by using Fold Space. When will the suckage end? These are truly the end times.

Please have calm and rational discussion below. And stay tuned for my threads on why Stone Melee is the most solid set, and how my opinion on Storm Summoning will blow you away.

Kudos. You win the day 🤣

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Haha 4

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Wait, you were joking?

See related image detail

22 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

And stay tuned for my threads on why Stone Melee is the most solid set, and how my opinion on Storm Summoning will blow you away.

Was this not a dead giveaway that I was just being punny?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later