I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

57 minutes ago, lemming said:

I found that they go after you, not the henchmen if you're the one that clicked on the door.  (Which seems to be the programmed behaviour if I read the dev note correctly)  Noted the same thing with a controller.

Which, ok, fine, I can see - let's call it "initial aggro" on the knockers. But completely ignoring henchmen attacks if the MM itself does nothing offensive or debuff wise...

• Thumbs Up 2

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Which, ok, fine, I can see - let's call it "initial aggro" on the knockers. But completely ignoring henchmen attacks if the MM itself does nothing offensive or debuff wise...

Yep.  I'm just noting the behaviour, not agreeing with it.

44 minutes ago, lemming said:

Well at least if you're solo

If there's even a miniscule chance for an EB to pop out and eat my face with no recourse on my part, I'm not touching that door.  I don't care if there's 3 full leagues locked and loaded, I'm not stepping on that landmine.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

If there's even a miniscule chance for an EB to pop out and eat my face with no recourse on my part, I'm not touching that door.  I don't care if there's 3 full leagues locked and loaded, I'm not stepping on that landmine.

They ignore pets... not other players who will attack.  If you've got even just one full team, you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

Well that's the last time I click ToT doors on a pet class of any stripe.

I was running the Aegis of Serenity, my Illusion Controller, for a little while this afternoon with one of the Everlasting motel leagues and noticed the same thing with her.  If she was the one who clicked the door, the goons would sail right past not only her phantasm and phantoms to get to her, they'd basically ignore everyone else in front of the door to do it. 

I took to knocking, and then bouncing back over everyone's heads to the far side of the cluster,  pretty much dragging the goons right through the middle of the league for fast shredding.  They didn't give up their focus on murdering Aegis until someone with higher threat attacked them. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

38 minutes ago, Player2 said:

They ignore pets... not other players who will attack.  If you've got even just one full team, you'll be fine.

So you're saying that I should join a team?!? In an MMO?!?!!

face-screaming-in-fear-emoticon-vector-i

How dare you!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I've found I can burn them down on a Robots/Traps MM, because even tho' they're singularly focused on my cyborg ass, traps still work to mess with them.  Caltrops, poison gas, and acid mortars soften them right up for the robots to disassemble them.  It does mean I have to set traps and scoot, though, and ALWAYS have the Force Field refreshed before knocking if it's starting to flash.  

The Vampire is the tricky one, he likes to lead with a high mag hold, which means if I don't already have the bots in Bodyguard mode, I can't issue commands while held and they'll ignore it.  The Matriarch leads with Thunderstorm and Hurricane, which means there's a lot of AOE stuff going off that scatters the team, that can make coordination difficult also (and that End Sapper curse she's got is nasty if it hits).   The Mummy's not that hard, he just has a MOG that you have to cut back to T1 attacks to plink at him, bank your END, so that when it wears off and he's stunned, you can then Fire Everything and put him down.   Did not know that the Mummy has no jump game, though, which means vaulting to a nearby roof and hammering on him from there is viable.  The Vamp DOES have a jump, and the Matriarch, Spectral Were, and Hollow Specter all fly, so if you need to disengage, getting up out of reach won't help much.  

All that said.. on certain classes and powersets, these guys are !Fun while solo.  I can see why a lot of people would be thinking the occasional EB spawn would be Cruel and Unusual Punishment.    My only offer of consolation is, there are a LOT of zone events going off, and during those events, you collect no XP Debt.  So if (!) you're soloing ToT at L25 or upwards, and you're "squishy"... try and do them while the Banner zone events are running, those are only in specific areas but everyone in the zone gets the "No Debt" buff.  Zombie hordes? Those can make ToT'ing ... interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Couple of options they could choose to fix the issue:

1.  Limit the EBs to certain zones or to certain neighborhoods.  Make sure the release notes detail where those areas are.

2.  Have a character setting to turn those EBs on/off when you are the knocker.   Personally, I wish there was a setting to turn EBs off completely.

Some of the EBs in the RWZ arcs are almost unbeatable for certain classes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also to further get off topic, EB is the least likable member of the Sports Junkies radio team.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

40 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

agro and damage changes are optional?

The aggro changes are optional through the mission difficulty system. (+#/x#)

Damage changes? Do you mean the Attack Type Changes? Just don't fight certain mobs/enemy groups!

41 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

changes to trials that effect all players are optional

Master of is an optional setting for a badge.

41 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

The drive to nerf all farming is optional?

Farming is indeed optional.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble