Devs, please explain why you are nerfing one of the most popular activities on Homecoming

dms

6 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

You mean like pointing out that you're citing a retired community rep's post from 2019 who as well hasn't posted since 2019?

It was a decision made by the Homecoming Team.  It says that in the quoted text.  The date isn't relevant unless you have a more recent statement which revises that decision.  The status of the representative isn't relevant either, as he/she was merely relaying the HC team's decision, and as of now, these servers are still being maintained, run and updated by the HC team, the group which made that decision.

10 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

Again you're never going to see each and every dev come out and say they agree with AE farming.

The Homecoming Team, together, made the decision.  Yes, the team composition has changed over the years, but until and unless that team, as a unit, releases a statement which revises their stance, the statement remains the definitive stance on the subject.  That's how teams work, even the HC team.  They may work on separate things, but they communicate, collaborate and maintain a cohesive environment so they can all make progress on their projects and move forward together, in agreement.

Can you or can you not provide a counter-statement by the HC team indicating that they've changed their stance?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

The Homecoming Team, together, made the decision.  Yes, the team composition has changed over the years, but until and unless that team, as a unit, releases a statement which revises their stance, the statement remains the definitive stance on the subject.  That's how teams work, even the HC team.  They may work on separate things, but they communicate, collaborate and maintain a cohesive environment so they can all make progress on their projects and move forward together, in agreement.

This is your idealized vision of how things work on a team.  Given that you are not actually on the Homecoming Team and aren't privy to these discussions, it's pretty silly to beat someone over the head with simply your notions of how things work. That statement from years ago may be relevant or it may not. 

You know there is a point there.  We do not know for sure what is going on with the Homecoming team.  It could be two of them are holding the rest hostage, forcing them to code, fulfilling some twisted desire for cubicle domination.  

Someone send a Dev a message and look carefully at the response.  Now, you have to read between the lines because they might be writing while under duress.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

You know there is a point there.  We do not know for sure what is going on with the Homecoming team.  It could be two of them are holding the rest hostage, forcing them to code, fulfilling some twisted desire for cubicle domination.  

Someone send a Dev a message and look carefully at the response.  Now, you have to read between the lines because they might be writing while under duress.  

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

For those interested:

• Thanks 2

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

7 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Which brings up the point on why even do it in the first place.  -4% def wont make or break someone solo, or in a group

And not doing it for others is just as baffling.  Dominators still have the longass Combustion.

When doms didn't get the appropriate electric changes made to the blast sets ported to electric assault and many complained and asked why?  The reason given was pretty much "all the dom assault sets are balanced fine the way they are so there was no need"  It didn't matter that electric assault is considered underperforming by most in the dom community, and for a lot of the same reasons the blast set was.

I assume the same thinking applies for dom fire assault as well (which honestly is one of the better dom assault sets, but would still be nice to get such a simple improvement and for consistency sake).  Many on the beta boards asked doms to be included in the combustion change, and were totally ignored.  So basically, after going 0 for 2, I get the message they seem completely done with dom assault sets and they want nothing more to do with them.  I wouldn't expect any further changes in any of those sets, even small ones or ones to keep them consistent with other sets.   Will be a pleasant surprise if I'm ever proven wrong. 

Since I never like to be all doom and gloom, at least doms can finally skip some of the bad tier 1 assault powers now.

5 hours ago, Sneakers said:

Yea except for the toxicity against fire farming. Which you do find in game.

People who claim that by fire farming your somehow taking away from the "real" experience. 

Fire farmers enjoy the game. 

The fire farmers aren't enjoying the changes.

Thats why this topic is here.

What's not to understand?

If anything I see the opposite in the game! So often there’s just people sitting in LFG asking for farming. “Hitter LFF”/ “PD farm

team farm team looking to help lvls 1-10” etc. People don’t spout out and give them rubbish for it, unless they’re being incessant, there’s dedicated channels for it too.

I understand that the thread is here for those people to vent their frustration, but so was the focussed feedback thread, so was the 30 pages thread about how moving AE was a slight, another about how the standardising of powers was a direct attack, the one about fire powers now doing -def was a clear indication that  everyone is “out to get us” (despite you being able to change that in AE and still get full rewards), and how fixing the DXP bug was a clear sign of people’s hatred of fire farmers. But you can still do it.

7 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Okay. I guess being chatty is a sin now.

On a forum.

Made for, you know.... being chatty. 

Please, I yearn for people being chatty on here - especially if it’s about something other than farming.

I am sorry that people feel victimised or stigmatised. While I find it odd that people get so upset they leave the forum, I hope they still play the game. I honestly couldn’t give two hoots if people farm, we’ve probably all done it a bit, knock yourself out lads. It’s just the same arguments over and over, like a broken record, from the same people, that are frustrating.  

Edited by Xiddo
Spelling
  • Thanks 3

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

5 hours ago, Sneakers said:

Clearly some of you don't care at all about fire farmers. So why don't you start caring instead?

Why?

I don't farm. I don't care if you do, but I don't farm. So why should I care about fire farmers?

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

53 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Why?

I don't farm. I don't care if you do, but I don't farm. So why should I care about fire farmers?

they are an endangered species. natural predators include forum contributors who hunt them for their sweet meat and volunteer game developers

image.png.9721e6ee3d080de40100863b2d008904.png

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

they are an endangered species. natural predators include forum contributors who hunt them for their sweet meat and volunteer game developers

You know, posts like this make me reflect and ask myself just how much I still wish to be a part of this community. No one is asking to support farming, or to farm yourself. Only to leave it be. But the spite some people have for others that enjoy an activity that they do not is beginning to override pure common logic and sense. Driving them to the point that it seems they would rather them "gone" from the hobby entirely rather than accept that they simply enjoy something they themselves do not. Which is pretty drastic given the size of the already small community, and some would rather antagonize and mock fellow players voicing problems and concerns? And then get upset and want empathy when something they themselves enjoy is then nerfed/nixed/changed.

Two years ago, I was pretty proud of this community. People didn't always agree, but at least they didn't go out of the way to mock each other's situations. Go look at D2 or WoW's forums sometime, infamous for their spats and toxic communities. In some ways this one already surpasses theirs, which I hope everyone would agree that is not a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

It should be reiterated again that they cannot simply not do a power change just because it affects farming. Any change to any set in the game (barring a couple) will affect the AE. It cannot be unavoided simply because fire farmers exist. I believe the only power sets exempt at this point are the Epic ATs and the new powersets introduced by Homecoming?

Secondly, the experience bug? I trust the devs more than I trust random whispering forumites about if it was a bug or not. I'd argue that they could offer a more expensive 3x exp buff in return down the line. My stance, personally, has been that fire farmers aren't the devil but that it needs to not be as rewarding. HOWEVER, that is also a game design issue that even Paragon Studios couldn't tackle. I imagine that the content devs are aware of this and want to eventually find ways to make everything else more rewarding.

On another note, this vitriol between people really needs to stop (and this is coming from me) because it's tiresome. Yes, people really dislike certain farming posters and they don't like you either. The conversation about farming has been done to death. People need to chill out on the back and forth because it is the same shit every time at this point. Just agree to disagree, and stop engaging if you can't say anything even remotely respectfully. Getting your rocks off towards being absolute assholes towards people isn't cool, and again the irony is rich coming from me - I've done my fair share of being a giant butt.

While the farmers who post here have no reason to believe it? The devs do not want you gone. I can understand how the changes make you feel that way or what-not, but the end goal isn't to 100% neuter farming. Sure, its a little more tedious now but its not dead in the water. If they really wanted to, they would have nuked it entirely. This goes for any part of the game, but I know AE is the red-headed step-child of the game. It always has been because of its "misuse"* from others. Fire farming is a part of the game. If it wasn't in the AE there are still several missions that are farmable. I'm SURE some of us dinosaurs remember the demon mission from Harvey.

* = "Misuse" is comparing it to the intent of the design, hence why its in quotes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

I grew up on a farm. Tobacco. And beef cattle, which of course meant bailing hay to feed them in winter. We didn't do the big rolls of hay like so many do now. We did the smaller rectangular bales, which we would stack on a wagon and haul to the barn. I remember this one time, after putting a wagon-load of hay in the barn, I sneezed 21 times in a row. And this other time I decided I was gonna drive the tractor, but I'd never driven the tractor before and didn't know where the brake was, so when we went down the hill... well, people were moving faster than K-mart shoppers at a blue light special. And another time I picked up a bale of hay and there was a snake hanging out of it. I was the one moving fast that time. Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled forum follies.

image.png.c64867af1284bc61c8f6e2dc8aca52e6.png

(disclaimer: not the actual tractor, barn, or hay mentioned in the preceding anecdote.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Tachstar said:

image.png.c64867af1284bc61c8f6e2dc8aca52e6.png

8n.  Good tractor.  One of the farms I'm working at has one, a '48.  Beat up, one of the rear rims is starting to rust out, but it still works.  Used it to bush-hog and disc fields several times this year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 10/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Hey anyone notice how awesome it is to farm the new ToT Elite Bosses! x5 xp and x5 inf, wow the Homecoming team sure loves letting the player base farm phat loot!

faht loot

Edited by Redletter
f'thg'aut loot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Resident certified baby

16 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

You intentionally didnt even read what I posted. Are you just trolling this thread for giggles or is it too difficult?

Oh I read it.  I didn't see much worth responding to other than your PvP hot button.  You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

8n.  Good tractor.  One of the farms I'm working at has one, a '48.  Beat up, one of the rear rims is starting to rust out, but it still works.  Used it to bush-hog and disc fields several times this year.

Those old tractors lasted forever. I spent a lot of time with a bush hog attachment behind one.