Devs, please explain why you are nerfing one of the most popular activities on Homecoming

dms

I just want to add one last thing to this conversation. Talk about how the community is toxic, how people hate farmers, how farmers feel their 'jobs' are being taken by the devs: I've been around these forums for a good while and it boils down to about five people on each side.

Outsiders will quip in and put their opinion, but it's the same five or so people on each side. Huge threads, big 'the people' arguments, and it's about five people on one side and five people on the other side.

Overall ten people are making this huge brouhaha as if the world was coming apart. To put it in perspective we currently have about 250 people online.

I side on the side I feel is right even when the other side mocks me. I get this from my parents (-very- good natured, nothing toxic in it) where if I side with one side it's the boys grouping against the sole woman in the house, and if I side with the other then it's the baby chick siding the momma chicken (translations suck but y'get the gist). I tell them I go with the side I believe is right. I can be wrong in my opinion, but that's how it is.

Outside the ten people I talk of I see this happen often enough. People chime in on side or the other as they see fit. They may defend or disagree not because the topic is farming or devs, but in a case by case basis.

Anyway, there is nothing left to argue here. Devs were asked why they did it, devs answered. The vocal five reaction is 'you're lying' and at this point what discourse can be had?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Overall ten people are making this huge brouhaha as if the world was coming apart. To put it in perspective we currently have about 250 people online.

Exactly. It's the same people. Over and over. Every thread. Same useless arguments and quips. This forum is dominated by the same people with their petty arguments and spam. Others are chased away from this place because they are drowned out.

I wish forum mods were stricter and more willing to shut down discussions that are not on topic. I understand it's not a job and these mods are kindly doing this for free so I don't place any blame on them.

Forum addicts are the worst and stifle good natured (and some bad I admit) discussions and people from coming here.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Okay. I guess being chatty is a sin now.

On a forum.

Made for, you know.... being chatty. 

Wait!  I'm Sinning!  I am evil even when I try and be social.  I am so freaking talented!  

Look at Meeeeeeeeeee!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

Lumi... There are plenty of regulars in these threads who hate that farming exists in the game on principle. You know that as well as I do.

And the HC team doesn't.  That's all that really matters.  The HC team condones farming.  The HC team condones multi-boxing.  The HC team condones multi-box farming.  Players don't control what HC condones or doesn't condone, they're an independent team with their own minds, and they made up their minds on that a long time ago.  What a handful of players narrowly define as "playing the game" clearly hasn't prevented the development team from working on things that don't fit those players' expectations.

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

You can't honestly tell me those opinions don't exist and haven't been made crystal clear.

I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't give them a second thought if they were directed at me or my play style, because a) there are more important things to worry about in life than whether or not I'm satisfying the expectations of strangers on a video game forum; and b) the developers wouldn't agree with their opinions anyway, so why should I pay them any mind?  Why do you?  The only opinions on your play style that should mean anything are yours and the HC team's, and the HC team's is, "Yeah, it's cool, whatever."

I can also honestly tell you that I haven't seen anyone attacking farmers with the intensity and abusiveness directed at the HC team.  I do have a number of people on my Ignore list, so it may have happened and I just didn't catch it because of that.  But what I have seen has been comparatively tame, nothing that I wouldn't expect people to deal with on their own.

• Thanks 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

And the HC team doesn't.  That's all that really matters.  The HC team condones farming.  The HC team condones multi-boxing.  The HC team condones multi-box farming.  Players don't control what HC condones or doesn't condone, they're an independent team with their own minds, and they made up their minds on that a long time ago.  What a handful of players narrowly define as "playing the game" clearly hasn't prevented the development team from working on things that don't fit those players' expectations.

1. There has never been a unified statement from -all- the devs stating that they condone/support everything stated.   And.... there never will be as there are members that do not.

2. "Condoning" is loaded as well.  Its like saying free extra tires from a used car salesman's advertisement only to realize later that its free bald and dry rotting tires.  There is a concerted effort to lessen the effectiveness of farming through the AE.   "Sure we condone farming".... but to such a point through nerfs and changes that farming to any or all forms of farming in the AE or otherwise becomes so discouraged as to not be a meaningful endeavor.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

1. There has never been a unified statement from -all- the devs stating that they condone/support everything stated.   And.... there never will be as there are members that do not.

2. "Condoning" is loaded as well.  Its like saying free extra tires from a used car salesman's advertisement only to realize later that its free bald and dry rotting tires.  There is a concerted effort to lessen the effectiveness of farming through the AE.   "Sure we condone farming".... but to such a point through nerfs and changes that farming to any or all forms of farming in the AE or otherwise becomes so discouraged as to not be a meaningful endeavor.  

Are you that stupid or are you just pretending to make this point?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Xiddo said:

If you still enjoy the game but hate how toxic the forum has become - why not just chill out from the forum for a bit and just lose yourself in the game? I so rarely see toxicity in there.

I can’t understand adults getting stressed about something so minor. It’s the same 15-30 people arguing in every thread. 

Yea except for the toxicity against fire farming. Which you do find in game.

People who claim that by fire farming your somehow taking away from the "real" experience. 

Fire farmers enjoy the game. 

The fire farmers aren't enjoying the changes.

Thats why this topic is here.

What's not to understand?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

On 5/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, CR EV said:

Let’s start with the biggest topic that was discussed and preface this with that there is no intention to remove farming Missions. The Homecoming team accept that they are very much a part of the game and community at this point.

If you have some evidence to indicate a change in their stance, please share it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

The PvP community got a huge gift in this last release = the ability to set up bases as PvP arenas.   

This is something that both the base builder and PvP groups have been asking for, low-key, since base raiding was disabled soon after it was released, back on Live.  It was a really fun idea that came out of the gate badly broken, and up until now has been a back-burner "we should get to that" item that finally, someone was able to re-implement.   

Completely tangential to the current thread, but, I wanted to point out that sometimes the less vocal groups actually get something, rather than have something pulled.  

We now return you to the 'farm nerfage' rhubarb, already in progress.

You intentionally didnt even read what I posted. Are you just trolling this thread for giggles or is it too difficult?

• Like 1

I'm just going to make Yaliw and Solvera happy...

I think I've reached the point of being done with the forums, at least for a while.

Being social is just reminding me more and more of all the reasons why I'd rather solo in-game, or stick to running with the family SG.

Take care, gang,

I'll probably wander back by when the next page hits beta for testing.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

6 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Sure they would. And I'm certain that the developers will give their complaints the same consideration they gave to ours when we asked them not to nerf Rune of Protection, or add a combo to Energy Melee, or add a combo to Sorcery Pool.

What I got when I read this thread: AFK Farmers big mad they can't AFK farm anymore.  🤪

I have never afk farmed in my life. But it is obvious that the devs like to nerf farming early and often. Actions speak louder than words. I dont give a rats patoot that we can continually edit farms to adjust sorta kinda. The devs will change what they want to change. got that. But they cant make us like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Sovera said:

Paraphrasing what someone said much better in another thread: there was a bug that gave more XP thanks to the double boosters, and you guys are advocating that the bug should have stayed since it had been that way for a long while. What if the bug was that you got less XP with the double booster? Would you be advocating to let the bug stay because it had been like this for a long time?

People need to be a little bit less hypocrites.

Of course not! 

Fire farmers were enjoying the extra buff and that's the point.

They changed it, it effects fire farmers, they don't like it.

Do you understand the point or not?

Clearly some of you don't care at all about fire farmers. So why don't you start caring instead?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

Best we can do is convert them to their value in inf and compare to what 8 farmers can do.  Im guessing that 8 farmers still out earns a hardmode team even when converting the bonus rewards to their inf value.  

We would also need to swap to a different farmer every hour or so to simulate hardmode teams switching characters every run to get weekly rewards again or exclude weekly rewards from consideration.  It would be difficult but beneficial to include the time taken to form a hardmode team and to find or reform a new team afterwards since hardmode isnt farmed nearly as much as AE.  Basically as much detail as possible.  I think in the end it would show that farming is still more lucrative than hardmode.

not a chance. 30 min to an hour to get 240 prismatics + everything else? good luck on farming that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Outsiders will quip in and put their opinion, but it's the same five or so people on each side.

As an outsider who quips in I want to say these threads are tremendously entertaining and though I rarely actually play anymore, I'm always very excited for patch with changes because it means more of these to read.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
Literally a single letter
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Vanden said:

lol, imagine thinking the devs are really this dumb

"The farmers love the AE in Atlas! We'll remove it!"

"No good, the farmers just moved to one of the other 16 AE locations!"

"Damn, foiled again!"

Or

"If we put defense debuffs in the Fire Sword attacks, the critters will be too strong to farm!"

"No go, they're just making critters without the sword attacks that still give 100% XP!"

"Damn those wily farmers!"

What a clown

Thanks, you're clearly interested in this topic. You're here to shoot down and insult anyone who thinks for themselves. Good job.

Thanks for insulting me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Luminara said:

If you have some evidence to indicate a change in their stance, please share it.

You mean like pointing out that you're citing a retired community rep's post from 2019 who as well hasn't posted since 2019?  Per my analogy, that'd be just another dry rot tire there.

Again you're never going to see each and every dev come out and say they agree with AE farming. You're also not going to see what is defined exactly as that "condonement" for the ones that do, as the evidence over time is compelling that there has been a concerted effort to change its effectivity and therefore discourage it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ivanhedgehog said:

not a chance. 30 min to an hour to get 240 prismatics + everything else? good luck on farming that.

Well,  since it got brought back up,  further down in my post is mentioned that team forming and reforming for additional runs needs to be taken into consideration.  How many hardmode runs did they do in 5 hours?  Probably 1,  maybe 2 while the AE farmer only stopped to pee.  Of course results will be skewed with a sample size of 1.

10 hours ago, Luminara said:

OH NO!  You have to spend 28 extra seconds to get to the Architect building in Kings Row!  That's a 0.00156% increase in the time it takes to race to 50 in 5 hours!

1816493203_200(3).gif.8416f337dd92f6091a1974040a8b20f5.gif

This highlights the warped perspective I refer to in my previous post, and others I've made recently.  The AE building does not contain or consist of the entirety of the content in the game.  There are story arcs, *Fs, Trials, Giant Monsters, events, badge missions, one-off missions, tip and morality missions and an endless supply of scanner/paper missions, but when anything is changed, people with this perspective leap straight to the conclusion that the one thing, the only thing, that the change was for was to "nerf farming", as though farming was the only thing that this game existed for, the only purpose of the set or power to be in the game at all.  You don't see a change to the game, you see an attack on farmers which the developers are trying to hide by also changing in the rest of the game.

Megalomaniacal much?

Should one activity be the single best activity for everything?  Wouldn't that imply that there is a "right way to play", and everyone who isn't doing it is "doing it wrong"?  Making AE content rewards equivalent to standard content is fair and right, as it ensures that no one play style stands so far above every other than it becomes the "right way to play".  You do not "deserve" a higher reward rate than other players simply because you engage in your preferred activity.  You aren't "owed" triple XP, or 2.1x inf*, or two extra chances for drops on every defeat, just for being a farmer, or a role-player, or a story arc runner, or a *F speed-runner, or anything else.  You get what everyone else gets.  That's equality.  If you can't handle being equal to others, stick to single-player games.

Your insane. I don't want to reply to you. You can insult me all you want.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1