Please rename Storm Blast

Snarky

Truth in advertising.  Do not mislead people.  This set should be called for what it does.  Completely obscure a team or league from being able to see anything.  Blind Team set?  Wish Your Team could See set?  Hmmm, I can see where they struggled to get one or two words to describe it.  But do not give up!  

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

You are aware that storm blast is modelled on the actual hunting strategies of the Weredafukamwe tribe of the lower Himalayas, right? They are rarely ever seen, even by members of their own communities but it is well documented that people who encounter there are rarely ever seen (or see) ever again.

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I am seriously thinking of making one of these just to grief teams.  I do not normally play like that.  But when the universe delivers two free pizzas to your door....

Holy Nova!  Holy Nova! Holy Nova!!!

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 1

It's not that bad, not until they also take Storm Summoning, and then switch all of their powers to "Bright" color tint with with the highest florescence pink they can choose. My eyes are still bleeding from that one. o_o

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

It's not that bad, not until they also take Storm Summoning, and then switch all of their powers to "Bright" color tint with with the highest florescence pink they can choose. My eyes are still bleeding from that one. o_o

I want one

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cant be worse that the team with 7 storm summoning I played with for two weeks. We managed just fine even though there were 7 steam mists going, 7-14 Lightning storms, 7 tornadoes, Snow Storms, etc.

I have never seen Romulus go down so fast as the Storm team.

Sunday we start a team with Storm blasts and/or storm summoning and I expect we will be just fine - even if someone goes bright pink (though that would be a fashion crime.)

Edited by Zep

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Just made a Bright Pink costume / powerset for my Storm/Storm Corrupter - fortunately she is Praetorian so it isnt a crime there so long as you work for Cole (or he thinks you do). 

• Haha 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

On 5/4/2023 at 2:19 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

This.  I don't have storm summoning and I don't really have any issues seeing (beyond my age-based issues).  I will say with Storm summoning (different character) I actually went to lengths to try and select semi-toned down colors for that exact reason when Hurricane and Steamy are up.  Same thing goes for bubbles or mists.  I swear I almost Snarky'd several teams where someone's mist is like puke or fluorescent green.  Ick.  And Ice armor that like bright yellow.  Bleah!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I played with someone not that long ago who had fluorescent yellow FF bubbles and you literally couldn't see a damned thing thru them. It was insane. Just because you can make your powers bright enough to burn people's retinas doesn't mean you should. And I see this shit far more often than I should. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I, Luminara, creator and overlord of the Lumiverse, hereby declare that Storm Blast shall henceforth be known as...

Buford.

Can their full name be Buford T. Justice?

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I played with someone not that long ago who had fluorescent yellow FF bubbles and you literally couldn't see a damned thing thru them. It was insane. Just because you can make your powers bright enough to burn people's retinas doesn't mean you should. And I see this shit far more often than I should. 

That's exactly what a great many people were saying back when we were first given the ability to color powers in the OG.  (I was among them.)  People were so crazy excited that they could color powers that they lost all sense of taste and balance.  The place looked for months like a neon factory vomited under a disco ball during a fireworks finale.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

That's exactly what a great many people were saying back when we were first given the ability to color powers in the OG.  (I was among them.)  People were so crazy excited that they could color powers that they lost all sense of taste and balance.  The place looked for months like a neon factory vomited under a disco ball during a fireworks finale.

Yeah, I feel like the color palette should have been very limited from the get-go.

• Thumbs Up 1