Let's name these places on the boardwalk in Talos

JasperStone

Look at these unnamed places on the boardwalk in Talos.

Two nameless in the first, one in the second.

Can we name them.

Stay with the theme or other treasures in mythology?

Bubos' Bar and Grill has a ring to it 

Mention anything from Harry Potter and I will spray you with a garden hose.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 134638.png

Screenshot 2023-06-10 134653.png

Edited by JasperStone

/e poofgone

20 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Bubos' Bar and Grill has a ring to it 

I see where you're going with that, but I can't hear that word without thinking of the English meaning of the word "bubo," and... nope. Not something that makes me want to eat somewhere. That it's indirectly connected to rats doesn't help either -- mostly because it makes me think of Chuck E. Cheese, which might actually make it even less appetizing.

• Haha 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

53 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

One needs to be a Captain Kraken's seafood place..

It's in the lower shot to the viewer's left.

EDIT:  "Acropolis" something.  The Greek retail culture in my hometown always has something named "Acropolis".

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1

"Secondhand Fleece."

.. wait, probably don't want "fleece" in a store's name.

Circe's Cleaners (or pet store.)

Bacchus Beer and Wine?

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Can we name them.

Mention anything from Harry Potter and I will spray you with a garden hose.

Perhaps Tolkien then?

Sea-Longing:  Beach and swimwear, scuba and boat supply

If it must be Greek mythology then call it Poseidon's Adventure

Also, The Sea-wich: subs, sandwiches, and wraps

Edited by Techwright

Maybe they can be labeled as a business that's expanded out of the Rogue Isles (this is from Port Oaks, right across from the abandoned lab).VT.thumb.jpg.e7e0f514b524544a4c3fcb9ae9e7165b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Maybe they can be labeled as a business that's expanded out of the Rogue Isles (this is from Port Oaks, right across from the abandoned lab).VT.thumb.jpg.e7e0f514b524544a4c3fcb9ae9e7165b.jpg

That's the Shady Chat 'n Rest.  They prefer to keep their visual advertising... well... live as you see above....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Respect!

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Clearly there is a Greek Mythology thing going there as it is all over with the Warriors.  Golden Fleece, Plato's Books, Kraken.  SO factoring out a Pandora's Box which is in Talos already and a City of Gyros, there could be some fun Greek themed silliness.  Maybe a restaurant called Oedipus Tex-Mex, Spartan Furniture (word play is fun!), Olympic Tan.  Man I could do this all day.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Jiro's Heroes' Gyros

• Haha 3

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Greek theme:

1. Oedipus Eyewear
  2. Minotaur’s Mini-Tours Boat Excursions
  3. Helios Sunscreen Shoppe

Other theme:

1. The C Shanty (“shanty” means shack as well as song)
  2. Brand X Spandex
  3. Skin Deep Tattoos 
  4. The Lobster Tale restaurant 
  5. Beachcomber restaurant 

Why can't these be nods to the community? Name your favourite developer.. maybe not. That's a terrible idea.

My suggestion: 

The Olympic Buildings. The buildings should be of different heights like an Olympic podium. 

Aside:

It'd be nice to have some interactivity with them. I love things like that - like the secret base in .. eh... [was it Boomtown]? Very cool, no function. Ace.

Perhaps some kind of shop and in the back is a series of doors you need to complete a quest to get a badge? And you need the badge to enter and it's a 1960 super-spy base (or <insert fantasy>).

• Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

Frying Nemo Fish and Chips

That's just so wrong.   Pass me the malt vinegar.

On 6/11/2023 at 12:25 AM, kito said:

Wongs Scottish meat pies. 

Should be a good name

That's just Wong, too.

On 6/10/2023 at 8:26 PM, Greycat said:

"Secondhand Fleece."

.. wait, probably don't want "fleece" in a store's name.

Circe's Cleaners (or pet store.)

There used to be a unisex hair salon in my hometown back in the 1970s called "The Golden Fleece".  Considering some of the hairstyles back then, I thought it appropriate.

The pet store for Circe.  Definitely.

I was going to suggest a store with Proteus in the name, since in classical Greek myth, Proteus was found on the sand by the shore, but since there's a notable villain by that name...

Maybe Procrustes' Adjustable Beds - "We've got adjustable beds for any size, or we'll make it so!"

Pygmalion Art Gallery (or possibly stone cutters)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What do you have near the seaside?

Where I live - Aside from endless hotels, we have lots of things you'd associate with gypsy funfairs such as Horse-and-Carts, Amusements (video games, slot machines), Funfair (with big-dipper rides, big wheel-esque affairs), Fortune Tellers/Palm Readers, Candyfloss. Additionally, food outlets serving fish and chips, ice cream and rock

The question is, would this be a tourist spot or not? 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.