Things that annoy your character

This is intended as a light hearted post about certain things that annoy your main character. NOT a dig at the game in any way.

If you start by saying what your main is, and their powersets.

So, Elec/Elec Brute. Things that annoy my character.

1 - Toxic damage, mostly those Vahziloks puking on me! I can take on a horde of Rikti without a scratch, but one load of puke and I'm dying.

2 - Tsoo kinetic attacks, like I get it, you want me to move slowly, do you really need to stack it about 20 times on me!?

3 - CoT maps. Don't think I'm alone here.

4 - Enemies that run away. While I know I'm scary, If I have to chase you, I'm bringing a world of hurt! I'm talking to you flying Longbow.

5 - Vanguard swords. Oh it's just a sword, that's ok I have decent resistances....what the hell! Why am I dead!? Those things really hurt!

Devoured Earth's Will of the Earth...sorry my character's having a panic attack just thinking about it...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Things that annoy my dark/dark brute:

Any elite boss or AV with dark regeneration or the Nictus/Warshade variant.

Animate spell bosses in Night Ward that spam singularities and Gravity Control knockup attacks

Provost Marchand

Council Ascendant Bosses, especially when accompanying Maestro.

The Jumping Pool

Failing to get that final sliver of health before the Freakshow mob uses Dull Pain

Council Marksmen, Nebula, and anyone else with -recharge on at least some of their attacks

Dark Consumption's recharge

The Five Layer Cave

The Perez Maze

Every contact in her level band telling her to go to see the Eden Security Chief

Boxing

Spectral Daemon Lords

Sky Raider Engineers

Rikti Guardians

New Coke

StJ/Bio Scrapper.  Lack of costume ideas.  I pretty much only have two, and one is just a slight variation on the other.  Most other problems have hit points or originate from things that do and can thus be solved easily.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Fire/Rad Sentinel.

Sappers? Slows? Psi damage? Nope, got all of that covered.

Enemies running away due to no aggro aura? I like to tell myself they flee to spread tales of my awesomeness.

No, the one thing that annoys my character is her Blazing Blast doing much less damage than it's supposed to.

If this gets fixed, she'll be the strongest and prettiest, and I'll sacrifice many goats to the glory of Captain Powerhouse and the Homecoming team.

Myself, out-of-character:

• My own altitis.  I haven't a single character over level 14 currently.  :'(
  • Small caves.  Screws with my camera distance, really hard.  Hate that.

I'm sure more things will go back on that list, as I rediscover them ...

In-character, it varies, and really has no impact on playing the game.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I had the great idea of making my Praetorian Resistance character, The Panic, a Blaster with secondary Psy (Dual Pistols as primary, for the record, but that's mostly irrelevant). I'd never played on the Praetorian side before, and went in completely blind.

Well, The Panic really, really hates Clockwork and Seers. Damn you, Emperor Cole with your goddamn robots and psychics. God freaking damn you.

Also, large groups of enemies, especially Destroyers, but that's a given.

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

Kaikara…

KinMelee/BioArmor Stalker...

"Semi-reformed" Death Mage's apprentice...

Currently has a summer job as Scirocco's intern.

Her Festivus list of Grievances includes, in no particular order:

-Minion goons who run away like little babies (Every Longbow Eagle, Tsoo Sorcerer and CoT Spectral on Earth, for instance-)

-Av/EB/Boss goons who run away like big babies (Mangle, Arbiter Sands, Castillo... She's looking at you. <_<)

-Sappers. *Everybody* hates sappers.

-Comm Officers and Death Shamans, because "extra goons but no extra goodies". (She considers DE Rubbles exempt from this Grievance, because they're so darn adorable.)

-Cheaty McCheatersons (Like Granites and Death Shamans) who can somehow miraculously manage to summon their adds IN SPITE OF BEING ONE-SHOT ASSASSINATED BY A STALKER, IN HIDE, WHO THEY WERE COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF PRIOR TO SAID INSTA-JIBBING. >_<

-... and Arbiter Daos. Because he's a jerk. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Sewers! Want to see my character's dry cleaning bills? That's why they're always out of influence! Dry cleaning bills and having to replace boots! You CANNOT get the stink out of your boots! Especially when they're totally submerged in that muck!

My main character, Roughshod, a big Oklahoman cowgirl.

"Monologuin'! Dear GAWD, would y'all just shut up already! Do somethin', leave, or fall down, but fer gawd's sack stop borin' me t'death with yer whole damn PowerPoint presentation of how we'll all 'rue th'day'!"

"Oh, an' caves. I'm 8 foot, 2 inches tall. Those things are a righteous pain in th'butt."

My fire/ice mage hates running through sewers in his expensive suit. His dry cleaning bills are huge.

You don’t get the scotchguard power at P2W vendor?  ;D

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

My fire/ice mage hates running through sewers in his expensive suit. His dry cleaning bills are huge.

You don’t get the scotchguard power at P2W vendor?  ;D

What sort of mage doesn't have a presdigitation spell? (DnD geek here, and I swear that's what that spell is used for 90% of the time)

On my main, Solarverse, I am an Energy/Energy Blaster. Nothing more frustrating than when one of those CoT Fire Lords (forget the name) who pop invincible, and get a stack of defense per every melee character near him. I just want to scream, "If you guys move away from him, I can drop him in seconds!"

But alas, it's  miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss.....

Things that annoy my MA/Inv scrapper.

1.  To hit debuffs.  I'm looking at you CoT with your dark things and dark auras and dark... things again.

2.  Psionic things.  A pain but manageable.

3.  CoT caves.  See #1 but also when you load the map and the orange pathway on the minimap is so small you barely see it?  How far does this cave go, from RI to Toronto?

Those are the big ones.

1.  To hit debuffs.  I'm looking at you CoT with your dark things and dark auras and dark... things again.

2.  Psionic things.  A pain but manageable.

3.  CoT caves.  See #1 but also when you load the map and the orange pathway on the minimap is so small you barely see it?  How far does this cave go, from RI to Toronto?

Those are the big ones.

It is a wonder that for a town with such seismic activity that's built with a bunch of war walls and skyscrapers on top of a massive cave structure and constantly under massive attack that anything is still standing at all.  That's Paragon City’s superpower (I know that Faultline and the Hollows might disagree).

Ironically, my FF/Elec Defender's worst enemy is.... Raider Engineers. I zap those f***ers the MOMENT I see them... TWICE, to make sure they don't summon up their own friggin bubbler machines... I HATE missing! I love enemies missing me and my teams though... heheh.

I'm out.

This is intended as a light hearted post about certain things that annoy your main character. NOT a dig at the game in any way.

If you start by saying what your main is, and their powersets.

So, Elec/Elec Brute. Things that annoy my character.

1 - Toxic damage, mostly those Vahziloks puking on me! I can take on a horde of Rikti without a scratch, but one load of puke and I'm dying.

2 - Tsoo kinetic attacks, like I get it, you want me to move slowly, do you really need to stack it about 20 times on me!?

3 - CoT maps. Don't think I'm alone here.

4 - Enemies that run away. While I know I'm scary, If I have to chase you, I'm bringing a world of hurt! I'm talking to you flying Longbow.

5 - Vanguard swords. Oh it's just a sword, that's ok I have decent resistances....what the hell! Why am I dead!? Those things really hurt!

Basically the same.

Vahzilok puke will drop your health quick.

Back in the day when I was playing a Electric/Electric Blapper it would be a gamble on whether or not those Tsoo mez'ers would lock me down before I dropped all of them.  There were plenty of times where I powered up and jumped into the middle of a group only to find my Blapper being locked down but good.  That usually meant a trip to the hospital and more debt that I would just burn off on.

It really cave maps that are the pain, CoT's just like to hang out in them.

This, so much this to the point where every character grabs the undead slaying axe on principle alone. I imagine the P2W person in the tutorial going, "By the way, keep this wedged in a convenient nook and/or cranny for later. Why, you ask? Oh, you'll see..."

One word.....

Ambushes.

Let me tell you a story, and preface this that I completey forgot that ambushes were a "thing" in his game. I was doing a mish for someone in Founders Falls to do something about Countess Crey. I think I was supposed to go arrest her eventually, but I had to talk to someone in Indep. Port. about some evidence or something. I'm Lev 41 at this point. So I get on the tram to IP, but I didn't know if the contact was on the north or south side.

******SPOILERS FOLLOW!! If you haven't done the Countess Crey Mission, don't read the rest of this post!******

So I randomly chose, the South terminal. I open the maps and of course the contact is north of the north terminal. I picked wrong as always!

Realizing this, I go back into the tram entry to get to the north side (so I don't have to fly 2 miles north) and when I do, I see an odd thing out of the corner of my eye. As I run in past the entrance, leaning up against the giant map board in front is this soldier. He's got a big brimmed hat on like an army ranger, but he's all in this dark navy blue color and combat stuff in black. He's looking like he's sleep-standing pose.

I think it's strange. I mean, I've seen masterminds leave their soldiers behind in tram stations, but usually they're collapsed in front of the monorail doors inside, not leaning non-nonchalantly against a mapboard at the front of the station. But literally it all crosses my mind in an instant, as I run in to catch the next train, and I forget about the oddball solder. So, I get off the north IP tram stop and fly to the contact that I was directed to. And as I'm reading the story line I see these blue flashes on the side of my screen. I didn't think anything of the blue flashes as sometimes when you're standing around talking to an NPC other heroes will come-up to you and may hit you with a buff to help you out, or their travel aura or other powers are glowing. So I'm thinking "someone's getting awfully close with their aura....either take a couple steps back or eat a breath mint. You know?...

That's when I see it. My END is dropping like interest in baseball once your team is out of the running to win a pennant. I mean I am flat-lining! Some sapper is up in a tree hitting me with a blue drain beam. I'm almost at zero when I break off from the NPC just in time for 2 of his buddies also all in this same navy blue fatigues to start lighting me up with gun-fire! Before I get 30 feet away the sapper has jumped out of the tree and is on top of me with his stunner. My END is making the wub wub noise, and I'm getting NO response from my fkey INSP's I've got 4 Blues but nothing is happening because I'm stunned. Now my health is dropping like interest in Kathy Ireland when she hit the wall, and I'm about a hair's tick away from face-planting with these 3 dudes on me. I'm pounding the keyboard so hard, I figure i'm going to be shopping for a new one as soon as I shut-off the PC..I mean, I was enraged (not my toon. Me!) that's when just at that moment a green kicks in to effect! Then a Blue...I manage to blast/knockback the sapper while still taking damage from his buddies and emptying my INSP tray. but once the sapper was gone, I made short work of the other 2.

It turns out, they're Malta Operatives. I look them up online and I'm getting mad. Why are these lev 42 enemies jumping me in IP. This is way too low level a zone for lev 42 randos! And Malta has nothing to do with Crey as far as I can tell. So I'm looking up "ambushes" in COH and then remember it's "a thing" and that sometimes people will get ambushed and run away from it, leaving the spawned ambush for other players to deal with. so now I'm mad because I think some jerk hero has spawned these guys in the same area as me and I got stuck cleaning up some weasel's mess.

I was so mad I could chew nails.

Then, I came across the story arc for the Countess Crey missions, and I wanted to read it through in case I missed any of the story line (I really like the story lines in COH's. I know I'm lame.) When I read that Countess Crey sends a hit team of MALTA OPS guys after you when you accept this one part of the mission arc. Do you see what i'm saying? CREY sent a hit team after me because I was on her tail and almost going to arrest her. That was the instant I went from being enraged to realizing...City of Heroes...

BEST..........GAME...........EVER!

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam