honoroit

most important issue to you  

102 members have voted

1. 1. most important issue to you

• AR - beanbag becomes aim
    • FIGHTING - tough/weave without kick/punch
    • COLD DOM - power boost not work with cold shields, but do with FF shields
    • STORM BLAST - too slow, needs buffs
    • ARCHERY -ST awful, lethal, eww. needs buffs.
    • other! - vote here for what i think means super strength, but wielding a motorcycle?
    • WIND CONTROL - up and down drafts
    • WHIPS - yes, even if all the abilities use variants of 2 animations!
    • STORY MISSIONS - like the one where you let a guy die in a burning building on purpose
    • PVP - good for you, good for me
    • PRISMS! - they dont drop enough
    • DEMONS, WITH HORNS -> that can wear sunglasses

23 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

AE already exists in the game though, it's just called AE.  Players generate a lot of content there now.  Not very many people play those stories.  Everybody knows where AE is, any level can use it, there's a system in place to mark some of the better arcs as "Devs Choice" so you know you're playing a quality arc before you jump into it.  There are some great ideas to expand the options, which can hopefully be implemented at some point.  The above idea seems like a whole lot of work on the dev side, for not much payoff.  I think the devs will get more bang for the buck with a new Task Force or Strike Force.  

My "Other" vote is for just such a thing, new task force or strike force with hard mode options.

So, when's the last time you joined a team that was playing these Dev choices and arcs? Exactly. Add to the fact that they once awarded Dev Choices to farms and it is kinda a tough ask.

The whole idea here is to leverage players to create content since the Dev team is so limited. Why do you think there are never teams playing non-farm AE missions? Hence why my ask for alternate AE and contacts that aren't in the AE building and so on. 

I believe there would be a lot of Dev work to set up the alternate AE contact system. However, after that it would be easier to add content.

The HC team has given us a SF and some story arcs. To be honest, I really don't care for any of them. I rarely see teams wanting to play the arcs. Aeon gets some attention but not a lot (from what I see on Excelsior).

Anyway, I feel this would be great for adding content and help out our beloved Dev team.

On 8/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, UltraAlt said:

I don't think that there would be any way that it would happen that fast.

I'm against adding non-canon content to the actual game.

We both have are stances on both of these.

Thanks for the discussion.

Yeah, I am 1 000% in support of something new and original being added into the game via these player made missions. CoX has been around for a while now. I'd love to see something new and original. HC Devs can focus on expanding on the canon.

And by new and original I mean new supers, factions, motivations etc. Of course, players can't make elaborate and extensive additions. Likely it'd be some new characters and factions. That would be great!!!

36 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Yeah, I am 1 000% in support of something new and original being added into the game via these player made missions. CoX has been around for a while now. I'd love to see something new and original. HC Devs can focus on expanding on the canon.

And by new and original I mean new supers, factions, motivations etc. Of course, players can't make elaborate and extensive additions. Likely it'd be some new characters and factions. That would be great!!!

I'm not necessarily against new content being added, but TBH, I'd love to see a higher level group which is an outgrowth/evolution of the really early-level ones;  I could imagine what some high level Outcasts would be like, or maybe someone  picked up where Dr. Vahzilok left off.  What would happen if some Warriors managed to make their way to Cimerora and train under Romulus' forces there?  Heck, a few Hellions that were actually competent and possessed some actual magical knowledge and ability of their own could be quite scary... 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 7:55 AM, Etched said:

Mostly the lack of drops for Enhancement Boosters NOT BEING A DROP SALVAGE. Everything is a drop with the exception of Booster and Unslots, which you can only get through Merits or AH and the Boosters are always expensive. If it's salvage allow it to drop with the rest of the salvage.

Specifically excluded from the drop tables to make them currency sinks.

On 8/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, Herotu said:

I think we could do with alerts of in-game happenings, and more happenings.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Hero_Zone_Event_Message

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Villain_Zone_Event_Message

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 minutes ago, Etched said:

Only currency I sink on them is merits, which is easy enough to get. Just lame IMO.

@Etched

Which currency you use is irrelevant, they're sinks for both currencies.  There have to be things to take reward merits out of the economy just as there have to be things to take inf* out of the economy.  That's one of the ways the currencies are balanced against one another, so neither become overwhelmingly better than the other.

Also, for the same 5 merits you spend for a single booster, you could purchase 50 converters, sell them on the player market at 67,500-72,500 apiece and net enough to buy 3 boosters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Specifically excluded from the drop tables to make them currency sinks.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Hero_Zone_Event_Message

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Villain_Zone_Event_Message

That's cool, I like that - but please take a look at the rest of my message. In it I suggest that these event alerts get brought into the gameworld. So instead of spending time gawping at a chatbox, like we're playing some 1990s MUD, we can see alerts in the world itself.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

My most pressing issue is, as always, the pitiable lack of DUAL AURAS -- we know it's possible because Nega-Positron has them in the Keyes Reactor iTrial, why can't players have them too?

Either that or there being too few different in-game currencies and too many things to spend them all on.

• Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

13 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

My most pressing issue is, as always, the pitiable lack of DUAL AURAS -- we know it's possible because Nega-Positron has them in the Keyes Reactor iTrial, why can't players have them too?

Either that or there being too few different in-game currencies and too many things to spend them all on.

I feel like they’ve basically given us a dual aura option with the prismatic aether effects. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 8:20 PM, arcane said:

I feel like they’ve basically given us a dual aura option with the prismatic aether effects. 

I mean... yes and no? But mostly no.

For one thing, there are only like eight of them. Ten or twelve if you want to be generous and count low-FX options for things like ice and stone as separate "auras" from the full-FX versions, I suppose. For another, they're all full-body options. Plus, PAPs in general are yet another hyper-specialized currency we didn't need in a game that already has multiple redundant currencies that either don't do much, don't do anything except convert to some other, useful currency, or only do something to a point and then just keep accumulating forever to no benefit (why can't I spend Incarnate threads or Vanguard merits or Astral merits on this stuff?).

When I can have Electric eyes and Starburst hair at the same time, or Fiery fists in combat and Smoky fists out of combat, or -- like Anti-Matter has -- both Alpha and Atomic body auras (and does he also have an eye aura on top of that? It's hard to tell), I'll be satisfied. Until then it's all half-measures.

antimatter.jpg

• Confused 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

34 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

I mean... yes and no? But mostly no.

For one thing, there are only like eight of them. Ten or twelve if you want to be generous and count low-FX options for things like ice and stone as separate "auras" from the full-FX versions, I suppose. For another, they're all full-body options. Plus, PAPs in general are yet another hyper-specialized currency we didn't need in a game that already has multiple redundant currencies that either don't do much, don't do anything except convert to some other, useful currency, or only do something to a point and then just keep accumulating forever to no benefit (why can't I spend Incarnate threads or Vanguard merits or Astral merits on this stuff?).

When I can have Electric eyes and Starburst hair at the same time, or Fiery fists in combat and Smoky fists out of combat, or -- like Anti-Matter has -- both Alpha and Atomic body auras (and does he also have an eye aura on top of that? It's hard to tell), I'll be satisfied. Until then it's all half-measures.

antimatter.jpg

i dont know why they have to cost 1.125 billion inf.

9 hours ago, honoroit said:

i dont know why they have to cost 1.125 billion inf.

Because the game needs money sinks. Think about it. Once you are level 50 completely slotted out with all the purples, there is little if any cost you have to keep paying. You can play that character however long you want and you will only ever spend inf if you want to on things like costumes and things. Other games like WoW have repair costs. Or you lose money when you die like Diablo. But CoH has virtually no "maintenance" or "upkeep" costs. Pretty much the only thing you have to do to make money is get a level 50, get them kitted out, and simply play it. Anything you get is a net gain, no matter what you do. And you can make over a billion even with casual play on a 50 that you don't spend money on. When it comes down to it, if you make fewer alts, you have more money. But making alts is a big part of the attraction in CoH.

I mean, the alternative thing is that they offered actual power/special enhancements for money, but that's more or less pay to win, trading money for actual "power" which I hope everyone involved agrees is a bad idea. To get a full purple 6 piece set at 20m apiece that's already 120,000,000 or more, assuming you are just buying them from the auction house. 

Finally, the dev's don't actually set prices on things, barring situations where they seed winter sets in the AH. (I have no idea if they actually do that or not, but that's the rumor.) As far as I am aware, the player market has set the prices on Aethers. The devs just put how many are needed for X teir costume, but its the community who decides how much each Aether costs to buy. "That's" why they cost just over a billion.

And they are a cosmetic luxury item. There is no difference in gameplay between someone with or without them. And as silly as it sounds, cosmetics can be BIG in some games. Wings, pets, auras, special armors etc can all be big money, both ingame money and real life money. People will pay to look pretty. 

No one is twisting your arm to have the special auras. Not having an aura has zero impact on your characters power or abilities. Its just something you can work for and enjoy having. And honestly I wish we had more of them. Personally the only one I want is the mini-me one. But I am not willing to fork over the inf and just buy the Aethers for them, I am just taking my time doing weekly hardmodes with my supergroup until I get enough Aethers for them. So technically, these auras are free, if you are patient and do the content that rewards them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

Because the game needs money sinks. Think about it. Once you are level 50 completely slotted out with all the purples, there is little if any cost you have to keep paying. You can play that character however long you want and you will only ever spend inf if you want to on things like costumes and things. Other games like WoW have repair costs. Or you lose money when you die like Diablo. But CoH has virtually no "maintenance" or "upkeep" costs. Pretty much the only thing you have to do to make money is get a level 50, get them kitted out, and simply play it. Anything you get is a net gain, no matter what you do. And you can make over a billion even with casual play on a 50 that you don't spend money on. When it comes down to it, if you make fewer alts, you have more money. But making alts is a big part of the attraction in CoH.

I mean, the alternative thing is that they offered actual power/special enhancements for money, but that's more or less pay to win, trading money for actual "power" which I hope everyone involved agrees is a bad idea. To get a full purple 6 piece set at 20m apiece that's already 120,000,000 or more, assuming you are just buying them from the auction house. 

Finally, the dev's don't actually set prices on things, barring situations where they seed winter sets in the AH. (I have no idea if they actually do that or not, but that's the rumor.) As far as I am aware, the player market has set the prices on Aethers. The devs just put how many are needed for X teir costume, but its the community who decides how much each Aether costs to buy. "That's" why they cost just over a billion.

And they are a cosmetic luxury item. There is no difference in gameplay between someone with or without them. And as silly as it sounds, cosmetics can be BIG in some games. Wings, pets, auras, special armors etc can all be big money, both ingame money and real life money. People will pay to look pretty. 

No one is twisting your arm to have the special auras. Not having an aura has zero impact on your characters power or abilities. Its just something you can work for and enjoy having. And honestly I wish we had more of them. Personally the only one I want is the mini-me one. But I am not willing to fork over the inf and just buy the Aethers for them, I am just taking my time doing weekly hardmodes with my supergroup until I get enough Aethers for them. So technically, these auras are free, if you are patient and do the content that rewards them.

too much farm, mentality towards suffering of a goal, called aspiration, and consume/wasting of time.

theres no perma 50 for me, and i may be oddity.  theres reroll once 50, and the level / build cycle.  each kitted with fancy ios from lvl 7.  you can carry teams.  despite the inf cost, i have some dozen with cot guide robes. 

too much inf for that. just means i have to farm.

skins shouldnt cost 100 / 200 USD, and ive bought a few in other games.

in gatcha, well after ~120k usd over mobius ff, genshin, and tokyo ghoul I'm forbidden.

with firsthand exp i can tell you - its being eaten, looking pretty or no.

i like that coh is different in this regard.

but 1.125bn is too much, in my opinion. i dont want ti run big mob tunnels 80 (more) times.

i suppose ive grown tired.

games like wow had capture cycle of good challenge content, and evolution in need of gear for baselining entry to next tier.

there isnt that in coh, just repeating less than a handful of activites for reasonable accrual, and literally 1 every 2 or so regular tf.

300 citadel tf sounds like much bumping into walls while running.

yin doesnt really drop them.

quite frequently posi 1.

never, for me, not once, from end of mission.

Edited by honoroit

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

too much farm, mentality towards suffering of a goal, called aspiration, and consume/wasting of time.

theres no perma 50 for me, and i may be oddity.  theres reroll once 50, and the level / build cycle.  each kitted with fancy ios from lvl 7.  you can carry teams.  despite the inf cost, i have some dozen with cot guide robes. 

You are kind of proving my point...

If all you do is reroll new alts over and over, (and I have nothing against you if that's how you enjoy the game), then how do you expect to earn Prisims?

Here is a link to the wiki -

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Prismatic_Aether_Particle_Salvage

But here is the short of it -

1.) Each mission at any level has a 2% chance to earn an Aether.

2.) Dr Aeon and Imprious TFs grant Aethers, depending on difficulty, with an 18 hour lockout.

1 star = 2 Aethers.

2 stars = 7 Aethers.

3 stars = 13 Aethers.

4 stars = 20 Aethers.

3.) Incarnate Trials grant 1, 2, or 3 Aethers, depending on the Teir, with 18 hour lockouts.

4.) Weekly strike targets - the first time each week a character completes will earn you 1-2 Aethers, depending on the length of content.

5.) Halloween event - each halloween badge grants 2 Aethers.

6.) Lastly, you can buy them. Currently they are 2 million a pop.

So farming inf and buying them, are actually one of the worst ways to earn them. (Well, that depends how fast you earn INF but I digress.) But keep in mind, these lockouts are per character. In theory you could run a 2-star TF, weekly strike target, and an incarnate trial in the same weekend and earn 10-12 Aethers.

You simply aren't doing the content that awards Aethers, and that is your choice to do so. But since you constantly reroll new characters, the only other option for you is to farm.

So I would say the system is working as intended?

On 8/18/2023 at 2:48 PM, BurtHutt said:

And this is what the AE was meant to be for ... before the great Corrupting ....

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Being able to pull off something you shouldn't be able to solo due to the difficulty of it and yet get crap rewards for it. I got the Hunt 50 Rikti mission from Tina. I went to the island area in PI and cleared out the 50 Rikti as a level 43. My XP bar barely moved.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."