What do you think is the single most powerful power/ability in the game?

Story Archer

General question and then again with what you think is the ideal slotting. Not worried about getting into the 'OP' debate, just curious what popular choices are.

For my money I feel like it's got to be Seeds of Confusion. Basic slotting for Accuracy, Recharge and Range it's pretty ridiculous but at 50 with Contagious Confusion it just gets ratcheted up to a whole new level of domination/control.

Gotta figure Carrion Creepers gets an honorable mention here too.

EDIT: Okay a couple of qualifiers - it's got to be a powerset power, not something generic that almost every build takes like Hasten. I'd also say shy away from the traditional tier 9 nukes unless they do something distinctive that sets them apart from other Tier 9 powers.

Edited by Story Archer
  • Like 2

It's Hasten. Even post-ED. It's probably the most common ability among just about every power build created.

By itself it's pedestrian, but being able to attack faster, use abilities faster and speed up getting your T9s, etc. Even if it was the last power in the speed pool, just about every power build player would probably get it.

Is it mandatory for a power build? Absolutely not. Do I think it makes every build better? Yes.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, Snarky said:

So many variables.  Are we taking into account recharge and other minutae?   Because as fired off Blaster Fire Nuke or Earth Nuke are two room clearers

42 minutes ago, FFFF said:

It's Hasten. Even post-ED. It's probably the most common ability among just about every power build created.

By itself it's pedestrian, but being able to attack faster, use abilities faster and speed up getting your T9s, etc. Even if it was the last power in the speed pool, just about every power build player would probably get it.

Is it mandatory for a power build? Absolutely not. Do I think it makes every build better? Yes.

I suppose I should have been more detailed - edited the OP to clarify that. I meant powers from actual power sets, not generic power pool abilities that any/every build might take. Generic T9 nukes seem like they miss the point as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

I suppose I should have been more detailed - edited the OP to clarify that. I meant powers from actual power sets, not generic power pool abilities that any/every build might take. Generic T9 nukes seem like they miss the point as well.

Well, ruling out nukes is interesting.  Fulcrum Shift, in the right hands, is a ballbuster

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rage.

It's not just having the permanent damage boost. It's the permanent tohit boost, too. It truly is "permanent Build Up". 10 seconds of downtime for 110 seconds of perma BU truly is an excellent trade on its own.

With Rage you can more or less forgo damage slotting *and* accuracy slotting while on SOs.

The power gives you so much impact on what are arguably the most important attributes of the game.

This supercharges pool attacks, epic attacks. The already excellent Gloom becomes a monster.

Once you have the room for slots anyway, it buffs your output beyond that of any standard character. Especially for tohit. A 2xRage endgame character will melt through the kind of enemy +defense and -tohit that makes most other heroes cry.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Left 1

Bile Spray, because it's so funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

i’d imagine fulcrum shift would be in the top 3. being able to give an entire team +300% damage instantly is quite noticeable

i agree with seeds of confusion, definitely in the top 3 also

not sure what i’d have as my final power in the top 3 - domination perhaps

i disagree with the above post about hasten as it only impacts 1 player, speed boost is arguably much more powerful as it can be used quickly on an entire team

a single player being buffed is far less significant than an entire team being buffed and largely unnoticeable, therefore not ‘powerful’ in my view

• Like 3

Brawl. When you're tapped out and can do nothing, Brawl is there. Brawl is with you start to finish. It asks nothing and gives everything. Brawl is life. It knows you'll get your nukes and one shotters and snipes. It knows you'll eventually become an Incarnate. Yet through it all, Brawl is there. It waits for that moment when all else fails and you have only your two fists to depend on. So keep Brawl on your tray, hell, slot that sucker with IOs because it will never let you down. That, friends, is true power.

Fire nuke is also nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Judgement Incarnates.

You get a full team with them and the game basically becomes a cakewalk.

everything melts in a heartbeat

strategy becomes inessential 

positioning becomes meaningless

rotations become superfluous 

crowd control is rendered redundant

powersets become pointless

archetypes are unnecessary

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Fulcrum Shift

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Fulcrum Shift. Damage caps a team.

Speed Boost. +Recharge and the End to go non-stop. One of the only powers actively talked about while a player with said power is on the team.

Seeds of Confusion. While not good against single hard targets, it makes mobs irrelevant and is up often enough to where Plant needs little else.

Phantom Army. Makes alpha strike irrelevant and more so when made perma.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I don't know about the most powerful, but (power boosted) Farsight is at least in the running in my mind.

• Like 2

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.