What's up with the XP rate in Death From Below?

Vanden

I join a DFB with a level 1 character, I come out at level 7. I join another DFB with another level 1 character, I come out at level... 6? I join a third DFB with a third level 1 character, this time with a 2xp booster (and the understanding that some bug with XP boosters in DFB has been fixed) and I come out at level... 8. What's with the disparity here? DFB always has you fight the exact same number of baddies, so shouldn't the XP you earn be consistent? Why am I seeing it fluctuate so wildly?

I join a DFB with a level 1 character, I come out at level 7. I join another DFB with another level 1 character, I come out at level... 6? I join a third DFB with a third level 1 character, this time with a 2xp booster (and the understanding that some bug with XP boosters in DFB has been fixed) and I come out at level... 8. What's with the disparity here? DFB always has you fight the exact same number of baddies, so shouldn't the XP you earn be consistent? Why am I seeing it fluctuate so wildly?

Are the Lt. vs Minion spawn numbers random?

I find I do not get exactly the same XP all the tima as well from my PoV.

No big deal, just odd from my PoV.

Since I have a curious mind I would like to know Why though. :)

... and also the lil' Hydras in the final room.  And it might matter how long your team needs to defeat the giant lumps of doom, since they keep spawning more hydras.

The minion/LT/bosses are absolutely static in each spawn, at least prior to the final room. I definitely know where all the Damned, Eidolons and Rectors are in each group.

The Vahz zombies with the AV do not grant xp, so it doesn't matter if you defeat them or not.

Until about a month ago. That has changed. Now they grant full XP. However, if you kill them AFTER killing the AV, you get Blue Con XP instead of White Con.

Could the difference in part be caused by confused mobs?

And here I thought this thread was going to be about the ridiculously high XP rate in Death From Below.

Gotta say, I do not like the fast speed of leveling, and it's particularly ridiculous of Task Forces like this.  I want to take my time, and punch the roses.  At least for me, I found Level 50 less interesting than lower levels.

And here I thought this thread was going to be about the ridiculously high XP rate in Death From Below.

Gotta say, I do not like the fast speed of leveling, and it's particularly ridiculous of Task Forces like this.  I want to take my time, and punch the roses.  At least for me, I found Level 50 less interesting than lower levels.

No-one is forcing you to run DFB, and if someone else hits 50 before you do, it does not change one single thing about your life that you do not *let* it change.

• Like 2

Altaholic

No-one is forcing you to run DFB, and if someone else hits 50 before you do, it does not change one single thing about your life that you do not *let* it change.

Sure, as long as everyone keeps dfb spam out of any comm channel, then it *won't* affect anyone.

Until then, it actually does affect people.

• Thumbs Down 2

• 3 years later