Focused Feedback: Costumes

3 hours ago, Marbing said:

Those new patterns are fantastic. Whomever did those is probably a genius…

Yes the old live dev that made the Paragon Protector pattern should walk around with their head held high.  :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Marbing said:

Those new patterns are fantastic. Whomever did those is probably a genius…

Can you post pics of the new patterns, or is that forbidden?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

1 hour ago, Shocktacular said:

Can you post pics of the new patterns, or is that forbidden?

Sure! Here you go!

BARS:

BARS

bars2.thumb.png.1e5090ab1de9a9d94b3cce09e020f3b3.png

TECHNOPATH:

technopath1.thumb.png.099a6217298d53ddfd31475444b47f10.png

technopath2.thumb.png.fdcc10191eda12aae6ea4286db489998.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

• Retired Developer
11 hours ago, FrostedHarbor said:

I've only tested this on the Huge body type so far, but I was not able to see the Snake cape collar options. I have the Mongoose badge, and the Snake capes are all there. (They look fantastic!) No Snake cape collars, though.

I was not able to reproduce this, are you able to provide a screenshot?

• Retired Developer
2 hours ago, FrostedHarbor said:

This is specifically for the High Collar section.

Okay, these are only available with regular mantles.

17 hours ago, Marbing said:

Sure! Here you go!

BARS:

BARS

bars2.thumb.png.1e5090ab1de9a9d94b3cce09e020f3b3.png

TECHNOPATH:

technopath1.thumb.png.099a6217298d53ddfd31475444b47f10.png

technopath2.thumb.png.fdcc10191eda12aae6ea4286db489998.png

Bars

Pros: I like how you can match the third generated color to the appropriate shade of a mask-piece. Nice trick for a 3 color costume.

Cons: Not enough coverage. The bars are cool, but there's too few of them, especially on the torso piece. It feels disjointed. It's really lacking on the male and huge torsos. Needs more going on with the arms or shoulders.

Technopath

Pros: Well balanced, good coverage, neat 3 color trick.

Cons: Wish there was more going on with the shoulders or neck.

"Male, Huge:

• Lower Body > Boots (All) > "Victorian Steampunk (Legacy)" was added to restore previous tinting appearance."

Is it possible to have a non-reflective matte style color version? The reason being, before it was that style version. Also, for sake and purposes, it really matched other Spectrum costume parts of being quite dark and non-reflective.

Also if possible please unlock "Roman Sandal" style for Male and Huge models too, not just for Female models, just do not give these to the Rikti Drones!

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

22 hours ago, CommisarCommunism said:

Bars

Pros: I like how you can match the third generated color to the appropriate shade of a mask-piece. Nice trick for a 3 color costume.

Cons: Not enough coverage. The bars are cool, but there's too few of them, especially on the torso piece. It feels disjointed. It's really lacking on the male and huge torsos. Needs more going on with the arms or shoulders.

Technopath

Pros: Well balanced, good coverage, neat 3 color trick.

Cons: Wish there was more going on with the shoulders or neck.

Thank you for the feedback, I will consider it for any future patterns. Keep in mind some areas of the body are tricky to get right because of the way the texture is mapped to the model. So you may see a common theme were some areas of the body are avoided to reduce the complexity.

• Like 3

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, Voltixdark said:

Is it possible to have a non-reflective matte style color version? The reason being, before it was that style version. Also, for sake and purposes, it really matched other Spectrum costume parts of being quite dark and non-reflective.

Can you elaborate more? Nothing was changed or taken away with this note. Something was added.

It might be a good idea to move Sybil Tight and Sybil with Skin from the main list and into "Unique Tops."
So that...
A. The main list doesn't get needlessly long
B. It gives Toga a friend so it's not alone (they share a similar theme too!)
-
image.thumb.png.0bb8d05223827d6cf9dd3838155da243.png

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 3

spacer.png  Peacebringer Wispur 

1 hour ago, Wispur said:

It might be a good idea to move Sybil Tight and Sybil with Skin from the main list and into "Unique Tops."
So that...
A. The main list doesn't get needlessly long
B. It gives Toga a friend so it's not alone (they share a similar theme too!)
-
image.thumb.png.0bb8d05223827d6cf9dd3838155da243.png

I think they have to be their own thing due to the forced sybil belt. I'm not totally sure why the Tight and With Skin versions are separate when they aren't for jackets and such, but maybe there's a technical reason there too.

On 1/20/2024 at 4:09 PM, High_Beam said:

But I would really like to see added is a O-6 (Bird) (Navy Captain, Colonel in all other services) .  Color changes can be used to differ 0-1/O-2 (Ensign/1st LT Navy and whatever the other services call them 🙂) as well as O-4/O-5 LCDR/CDR (Navy), MAJ/LTC (All others).  But that is just nit picking.

Yes, the berets are really great! Nice job with them! I also would like to see the full bird colonel (aka Navy captain) rank emblem. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Naomi said:

Can you elaborate more? Nothing was changed or taken away with this note. Something was added.

I don't know if you have the old file, but what is different now compared to before the first fix was just the difference in the reflective nature of the material. A matte very black non-reflective surface.

Here I have attached the current old boots before the first fix.

boots.JPG

• Retired Developer
6 hours ago, Voltixdark said:

first fix

You'll have to remind me what this was. Are you referring to something that happened pre-2012? According to our repository, the file that controls this hasn't been modified since Homecoming's inception.

As I recall, someone asked for a version that could have the middle stripe tint more strongly last summer, which is what was added this patch.

The modification history only shows a duplicate of the original boot settings as it was when Homecoming came about, and adds a new tint texture.

Comparing the two, there is no difference in shininess:

vic_boot.gif.195b55f74839a389fe929f4fc08e17d8.gif

Thank you so much for adding the Sybil set!  I've been wanting to get access to those costume parts since Cimerora dropped, and was so bummed when I discovered they weren't one of the unlockable Cimeroran parts.  Cheers! ☺️🍻

On 1/21/2024 at 11:51 PM, Naomi said:

Okay, these are only available with regular mantles.

The Patch Notes should probably be clarified that this is a "Mantle" design and not a "Collar" design (probably not on you, but since Collars are already a type of piece that existed, it'd probably reduce confusion...this stumped me at first too).

Also, speaking of the notes, they mention a "Plague Doctor" option for Detail 2 for Male and Female skeletons as well.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be supplementary to the piece that's already in Detail 1, or just the same piece and two different ways to place it, but I'm not seeing an option under that category for that piece.

Just now, Lazarillo said:

Also, speaking of the notes, they mention a "Plague Doctor" option for Detail 2 for Male and Female skeletons as well.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be supplementary to the piece that's already in Detail 1, or just the same piece and two different ways to place it, but I'm not seeing an option under that category for that piece.

That would be this hood, currently only available with hats.

4 minutes ago, Tatterhood said:

That would be this hood, currently only available with hats.

Ah, that makes sense!  I guess kinda similar to the Mantle/Collar thing, if it's only supposed to be used with hats, maybe it's just the Patch Notes should be clarified (like it specifies for the stuff that's added to Half Helmets category, etc).  Though yeah, it'd be nice if other Head categories got it too.

16 hours ago, Naomi said:

You'll have to remind me what this was. Are you referring to something that happened pre-2012? According to our repository, the file that controls this hasn't been modified since Homecoming's inception.

As I recall, someone asked for a version that could have the middle stripe tint more strongly last summer, which is what was added this patch.

The modification history only shows a duplicate of the original boot settings as it was when Homecoming came about, and adds a new tint texture.

Comparing the two, there is no difference in shininess:

vic_boot.gif.195b55f74839a389fe929f4fc08e17d8.gif

I was the one who asked for the tint change. I still appreciate the change a lot because it is much better to have actual true black 🙂

The original was during homecoming before the suggested fix.

I will attach two photos of the original before the suggested 1st fix, and current beta fix. Unfortunately, the game does not allow proper zoom levels below the waist. I hope the imagery provides clarity. Also, I have the old costume saved with the old boots before the 1st fix. So when I am comparing the old and currents parts, it is through the "Attempt costume fix" options when choosing the costume.

Old, before 1st attempted fix. The texture is of a matte nature, no reflections.

bootspre1stfix.thumb.JPG.043ad057a880788c2bb36b1aaee20fae.JPG

New, Current beta fix

bootsbeta2ndfix.thumb.JPG.2a820c6f93c257739c4a621522f281e3.JPG

• Thanks 1

i kinda want Wings and backpacks on the Sybil outfit,
i can see a lot of people playing Angels and the like using that outfit and without wings those characters miss half there theme visually

• Like 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

13 hours ago, jkwak said:

i kinda want Wings and backpacks on the Sybil outfit,
i can see a lot of people playing Angels and the like using that outfit and without wings those characters miss half there theme visually

I'll second that request for Wings with the outfit.

(And I'll give another minor poke about *returning* our ability to use wings with the Bolero coat and the tux tails coat. Which we could back in the Live days... The Bolero only for a short time, granted, but still. We were able to use the tails tux and wings together for YEARS before the old devs stealth-killed that combination late in the game's life.)

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice