Focused Feedback: Costumes

On 1/20/2024 at 9:44 AM, FupDup said:

I know it's fast and easy. My complaint is not time or difficulty, it's immersion. I don't like changing from a paragon of virtue to a genocidal maniac as casually as changing my socks in the morning even though the game allows and encourages it. 

My complaint could be solved by adding a few snake spawns to Paragon. Since the tip mission mentioned earlier was a Crey experiment, perhaps some of those experiments could have escaped the lab and found their way into Crey's Folly. Alternatively, since villains are now going to be coming to Striga Isle, it makes sense that some snakes from the Rogue Isles could sneak into a boat and start breeding in Striga. 

I like this idea. Add snake missions on blue side or a co-op zone.

I see some people whining about unlocks for costume pieces. It's not great but once in a while it's ok to do. Does anyone have pics of these capes? I haven't been able to test.

• Retired Developer
14 hours ago, jkwak said:

i kinda want Wings and backpacks on the Sybil outfit,
i can see a lot of people playing Angels and the like using that outfit and without wings those characters miss half there theme visually

44 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I'll second that request for Wings with the outfit.

(And I'll give another minor poke about *returning* our ability to use wings with the Bolero coat and the tux tails coat. Which we could back in the Live days... The Bolero only for a short time, granted, but still. We were able to use the tails tux and wings together for YEARS before the old devs stealth-killed that combination late in the game's life.)

I'll look into this, however you will likely lose the top two shoulder capes, with the Sybil top wrapping together behind the neck instead (as options). I did test it the way it is now, and the two capes clip too much with all of the back pieces, capes and wings with them there.

34 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Does anyone have pics of these capes? I haven't been able to test.

This isn't all of them, but they mostly follow this theme (credit primarily goes to Cryptic/Paragon for these, as the bulk of the texture data was sourced from the enemy group itself, with some editing and adjustments to port them as capes):

snakeman_07.thumb.jpg.e0252c61e430bf5bf20210a4cdbea330.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Naomi said:

I'll look into this, however you will likely lose the top two shoulder capes, with the Sybil top wrapping together behind the neck instead (as options). I did test it the way it is now, and the two capes clip too much with all of the back pieces, capes and wings with them there.

That's a fair trade, I'd say.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

12 hours ago, Naomi said:

Sounds fair, I guess you can't differentiate between wings (which probably just have minor clipping) and all the other back pieces which would create clipping to a level that makes it look super goofy

Overall maybe wings should be there own category separated from other back pieces but that can wait for much much later pages

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

20 hours ago, Naomi said:

This isn't all of them, but they mostly follow this theme (credit primarily goes to Cryptic/Paragon for these, as the bulk of the texture data was sourced from the enemy group itself, with some editing and adjustments to port them as capes):

snakeman_07.thumb.jpg.e0252c61e430bf5bf20210a4cdbea330.jpg

Could there be an option where you keep the cape and one without? For the sybil costume

• Like 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 1/23/2024 at 7:28 PM, Purrfekshawn said:

Also if possible please unlock "Roman Sandal" style for Male and Huge models too, not just for Female models, just do not give these to the Rikti Drones!

Yea, do it please! Don't be so greedy with it. If there's Sybil style is to be added, why won't you adds also this style with it for Male & Huge models?!

The new costume parts are great! The heads are fun but any chance of more color customization on the eyeball heads? It seems like the only change you can make is to the iris. I'd like to make a big red eye with a yellow iris!

The Sybil Costume may be the highlight of the whole page! Love it! The front skirt part does kinda hang at an odd angle when moving, not a huge deal but worth mentioning.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

Will we see the rusted clockwork pattern be added to the Clockwork Upper Arms for the Robotic Arms 1/2 options, as well as the Clockwork Robotic Arms 3 option?

Additionally, same question for the hidden blaster variant for Robotic Arms 3?

Edited by Lockely
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

I made an Arsenal/Traps controller and just for grins went with a GI Joe theme, slightly customized Soldier costume set.

When I changed the pants from Tucked In to regular pants with a camo texture, I lost any way to customize my Boots.

I don't know if this exists on Live, or is new or what, but figured I'd share.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Can the items you have to unlock be added to the creation selection and have a note on how to unlock them?  Can see them first before you go unlock. And also let people who don’t read the full patch notes know they exist. 

I also think this is incredibly dumb to start doing. What’s the point?  Get people to sub longer?  Probably just the first part of many to come I imagine. 

Why add back something that was awesome when it was removed. Why???????   

Was it meant to be like a little joke?  Want a snake skin cape?  You have to go kill 50 snakes. That is kinda neat. But only thing I can even think of aside from reintroducing grind elements to this game. 

is it add a few things here and there so we don’t notice the full effect until later?  

Between this and the new team composition thing it seems like someone really wants to introduce the worst parts of other games into this game for some reason.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

I lost any way to customize my Boots.

What kind of boots?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Request: Super Group Colors get an added field for cape interiors.

Currently there's no way to change the Interior colors of a cape/Sybil costume part for your Super Group mode Team Color.

(This would be useful for more than just the Sybil outfit, but at the least can the Interior colors be changed/slaved along with the 'Cape' field colors for uniformity?)

CapeInteriorsSG.JPG

• Thanks 1

I don't want to sound needy, but what're the chances we could still get some of the many female hairstyle proliferated over to the men and huge bodies?  Also eventually making the various hats in the game have compatibility with the hair as well?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm noticing that the loincloths for the Sybil costumes (both versions) always flaps upwards and sticks up awkwardly when you move forward whilst Hovering.  Is there any way to get the loincloth part to stick downwards and closer to the body when you Hover forwards?

Some feedback on the new head options

1. Floating Head/Human Skull matches the animation on normal heads so it will continue facing forwards in the combat stance. You might want to rig up something similar for the Eyeballs options, because they just stare down at the floor while in combat. I'm assuming these are copy/pasted from Globe, where it doesn't matter which way the model is pointing, but you kind of expect a giant floating eyeball to be staring at things!

2. Similar problems for the Think Tank skull and eyeballs. I know you're a little more constrained there so nothing clips through the tank, but it looks like there's plenty of space to make the models move a little.

3. Also, the Think Tank skull and eyeballs are way too small. They could be normal size and still fit in there just fine.

4. I just noticed that head/eyes aura options are locked out for Floating Head. Why is this? You can still get those auras onto Floating Head with shenanigans, and they all look fine. All of the eye auras line up with the floating skull, and it looks appropriately spooky with no head at all. It doesn't look great with the globe and eyeball options, but it's hardly the ugliest thing you can do with the costume editor.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2024 at 11:34 PM, Glorificus said:

I'm noticing that the loincloths for the Sybil costumes (both versions) always flaps upwards and sticks up awkwardly when you move forward whilst Hovering.  Is there any way to get the loincloth part to stick downwards and closer to the body when you Hover forwards?

weird physics apparently where the reason we only got it now because many people went "yeah we dont care give us the sybil outfit"

• Haha 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

image.thumb.png.3e5494ec8c58da4cc2af015e0828c958.png

I need NEED NEED  this hood with hair for a second color to be added. Its just too beatiful and we have some hoods but none with hair.

Also the cloinloth. I missed these costume parts, and we have some talons costume parts but not this.

Please add them in a future patch.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is there any chance we could get the two Sybil under chest costume pieces added to Tops With Skin?

HnRcu9x.png

IbgkXRD.png

It'd be nice to have some backless pieces in that wouldn't show out from under some of the Chest Details like the Barbarian and Talons pieces...

Even Eden, one of the skimpiest tops in the game, wraps around on the sides to the back...

9tmCbHz.png

And the Barbarian top strap doesn't match up with the straps here, and just looks extra weird:

l3NTsRi.png

• Thanks 3
  • Microphone 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:40 PM, Naomi said:

On 1/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, firespinnn said:

Yea, do it please! Don't be so greedy with it. If there's Sybil style is to be added, why won't you adds also this style with it for Male & Huge models?!

Generally l would like to hear explanation from devs - reason why Roman Sandal geometry is unlocked for Female Characters, but cannot be unlocked for Male & Huge characters! There must be some really arguable reason of not doing that unlock. l cannot fix my Architect Entertainment mission costumes because of that for 5 years now!

Look it's enabled for Female Characters and not enabled for Male Toons:

image.png.3342d6f0adebb93aaa868f1a2e6660ef.png

image.png.4d0eebc4ad234e312cd298af9276f562.png

Edited by Purrfekshawn
Adding Images

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

On 2/2/2024 at 12:05 AM, ATS said:

I don't want to sound needy, but what're the chances we could still get some of the many female hairstyle proliferated over to the men and huge bodies?  Also eventually making the various hats in the game have compatibility with  the hair as well?

image.thumb.jpeg.b3d614c6812b3bd1c55ada18a0cfd775.jpeg

These for reference, I feel would work fine across all the body types.

• Like 1