We failed a Positron 1

It was set to +1.  We had several tankers and brutes and 2 people with ice buffs so we had ice shields.

When we got to the shadow clones they were +2 and had double ice shields.  We could not touch their health.

We got everyone to target one of them and got them down to half health before we were all defeated.

After 3 team wipes we gave up.

My first failure on that TF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 4
  • Moose 1

I forget the exact makeup, but we went in with a bunch of defenders, controllers, and corruptors.   It's was brutal.   I think we finally got thru it because we had a controller with confuse that went in and got them to beat themselves up.

• Like 4

I *almost* failed it once, it was with 5 or 6 Trick Arrow characters, so we were all perma-blinded with our perception level at the floor.

We ended up winning because we each took a full tray of yellow inspirations into the fight instead of the usual tray of purples.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yeah, it's always interesting to find out which one AT with which power selection can really make that fight so difficult.  I've seen a few nearly- or completely-failed by team incompetence, and a few by decent teams that were just outmatched by themselves.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, DougGraves said:

It was set to +1.  We had several tankers and brutes and 2 people with ice buffs so we had ice shields.

When we got to the shadow clones they were +2 and had double ice shields.  We could not touch their health.

We got everyone to target one of them and got them down to half health before we were all defeated.

My first failure on that TF.

Why do you run a Posi at +anything?   Okay, nvm.  Whatever

But if the bulk of your team is heavy melee you know you have to lan for that. Not the biggest damage dealers against the toughest armors. And the simulcrums get get powers you cant.  Inspirations.  Preferably team. Acc/damage/def.  Envenomed daggers. Pick a lead and everyone target thru them

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations! 🤣

We've all done it. Team composition and coordination - it's still a thing in this game which is a good thing

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I did a Posi +1 a few nights ago while on my SoA.

The clones were tough, but we got through them.

Except my clone ended up being the last one standing.

There was a momentary pause in combat; she did what any good clone would do.

She turned and ran away. 🤦‍♂️

A teammate: "Look at her run!"

....sigh.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

/e poofgone

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Why do you run a Posi at +anything?  

I absolutely hate Posi 1 for the endless possibilities for a single teammate to screw it up for everyone, whether innocently or deliberately.  I've suffered both. 

That said, it now occurs to me that I might just want to run it at top setting with a team full of very experienced players using their level 50s decked out. (Yes, I know the game sets the level.) The finale fights might just be interesting for once.

DId a Posi1 with my bubble defender one time and my clone popped their personal force field and dispersion field (which is totally what I do in a last man standing situation). Yeah. Whiff city. It happens. As others have said, we can literally be our own worst enemy on that mission.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

9 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I *almost* failed it once, it was with 5 or 6 Trick Arrow characters, so we were all perma-blinded with our perception level at the floor.

We ended up winning because we each took a full tray of yellow inspirations into the fight instead of the usual tray of purples.

Sounds like this would have been the answer here too.

This is why I love Super Packs. When you can't coordinate with your teammates, you can still spam team inspirations and give them the necessary buffs.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

I absolutely hate Posi 1 for the endless possibilities for a single teammate to screw it up for everyone, whether innocently or deliberately.  I've suffered both. 

That said, it now occurs to me that I might just want to run it at top setting with a team full of very experienced players using their level 50s decked out. (Yes, I know the game sets the level.) The finale fights might just be interesting for once.

they wont.  i have a few 50s "decked out" for ouro 1-10, 1-15 etc.  it is a painstacking process of figuring what powers are available at that level, cramming all enhancers down into those powers, then trying to get 6 slots of nerfed enhancers (the exemplar math) to be decent. 

i ran a posi 1-2 anf Cavern Transcendence last night on my new project.  Brand new level 15  (level locked so my math doesnt change) runninh 90% damage on all attacks and also with all 3 temp buffs running from P2W.

The real trick with posi 1?  Bring a Dom.  Save Dom for Shadow fight.  Take a huuuuuge yellow before the fight.  Hit Dom, and AoE Hold.  done... 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Was it all rush-in tactics?

Did you try the dog-pile tactic?

Everyone up stairs and around the corner. Melee near the edge of the doorway. Ranged characters farther back and near the 2nd corner.

Sniper shoots the closest one and runs up the steps, around the corner, and around the 2nd corner.

Everyone else stays put and jump the first guy that comes fully around the corner.

Sometimes it will pull up only on 1.

I've never seen it pull more than 3 at a time and that was only when the puller was getting sloppy.

• Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

ran a posi 1 last night with quite a puggy PuG, fortunately i was on my dom and someone else was also on theirs - made the last fight humorously easy

you guys could have bought a bunch of T3 team acc inspirations 

Whenever I'm on a Posi 1, I almost always try to save (any level) Inspirations for the Shadow fight. Boosting Defenses/Resistances and Accuracy can be key to beating down the Shadows.

A couple of things I've observed about Posi-1:

1. Occasionally the Shadow Duplicate will have access to powers that the player doesn't have (this is weird, but I've seen it solo)
  2. Occasionally the Shadow Duplicate will use powers that the player has skipped, and it turns out that those powers are force multipliers... for the Shadows Duplicates

In the second category, it's often those powers that don't benefit fast-moving or solo play... and can come as a surprise for the unprepared.

• Like 2

Did one earlier and more than once I thought, "Man, if Snarky was here..." 😅

Team was a bunch of SG mates and a couple randos (me included) to fill the last couple spots. All characters were created within a couple weeks ago, had a looooot of AE badges and kept asking things like "how long does this take?" and "why are some of my powers not working?". Red flag #1.

We start cruising and doing ok, but the lack of experience outside sitting at the door of an AE map started to show. Still, nothing teaches better than a bunch of guys in robes and funny hats pummeling you senseless.

We get to that mission and if I hadn't yelled out the ambush, it would've rolled over us. "Where's they come from? Can they do that?" Red flag #2.

Finally, the save Atlas Park mission. The team leader (who I assume is the SG leader or most experienced one) did lead everyone around to the captive heroes. Along the way, some teammates would attack a random group of COT, die, hospital and run right back to that group. Red flag #3.

We rescue the final one and for one moment that seemed to be way longer than it was, I stopped and watched as people stormed the City Hall door. It was at that moment that someone dumped a basket full of red flags on me.

What ensued was Keystone Cops to the nth degree as people fell back from the door into, you guessed it, the groups that people usually clear before even glancing towards the door. We fought, we died, I cried into my pile of red flags. I let everyone know to be ready for the ambushes to come for us as soon as we zone back in.

Back in we go, the ambushes come, we manage to defeat them and head to the door...which is still locked. A runner. Yay. After quite a lot of searching and people dying as we fight other groups in the hopes of finding the runner, we luck out and it's time to go in.

Inside went far better than I was expecting, so I have to give props where due. We sniped the shadows and pulled until only 2 were left and we blitzed them. We finished at a little over an hour.

I hope it was a series of teachable moments for the AE kids and next time they won't make the same missteps.

• Haha 3

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

1 hour ago, tidge said:

Whenever I'm on a Posi 1, I almost always try to save (any level) Inspirations for the Shadow fight. Boosting Defenses/Resistances and Accuracy can be key to beating down the Shadows.

A couple of things I've observed about Posi-1:

1. Occasionally the Shadow Duplicate will have access to powers that the player doesn't have (this is weird, but I've seen it solo)
  2. Occasionally the Shadow Duplicate will use powers that the player has skipped, and it turns out that those powers are force multipliers... for the Shadows Duplicates

In the second category, it's often those powers that don't benefit fast-moving or solo play... and can come as a surprise for the unprepared.

i’m tempted to try a challenge Posi 1 with some friends soon on excelsior. perhaps starting at +2 enemies buffed

1 hour ago, Skyhawke said:

We rescue the final one and for one moment that seemed to be way longer than it was, I stopped and watched as people stormed the City Hall door. It was at that moment that someone dumped a basket full of red flags on me.

This is beautiful writing.  Amuse me with your turmoil.  

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

Why do you run a Posi at +anything?   Okay, nvm.  Whatever

But if the bulk of your team is heavy melee you know you have to lan for that. Not the biggest damage dealers against the toughest armors. And the simulcrums get get powers you cant.  Inspirations.  Preferably team. Acc/damage/def.  Envenomed daggers. Pick a lead and everyone target thru them

I won’t run it unless it’s +something 

Too damn easy otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

my team on a posi got the wipe treatment when i was on my ice ice tank. the massive slow combined with a teamates time controller meant that our team all but literally couldnt move one we were engaged we took 5 wipes before we finally managed to take those two out of the equation with full combined firepower

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Posi 1 has bugged code with the clones. Bring anything whatsoever Rad and the clones default to rad/rad defenders. I've had times where I was soloing it on a Rad Armor Brute or Tanker and got to face 6 Rad/Rad piling the debuffs on me.

Forewarned, forarmed, from past experiences I arrive, pop four oranges, four lucks, and survive for 15 seconds before being annihilated.

Cue long slow whittling of being sent to the hospital, buying four of each, return, use all eight inspirations, whittle one clone. Eventually kill it, continue this back and forth until finishing it.

I've seen teams crumble thanks to this bug or Controller clones, but when there is more than one person it is a volley of AoE and even if we wipe we can do it the second time with everyone having bought new inspirations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Posi 1 has bugged code with the clones. Bring anything whatsoever Rad and the clones default to rad/rad defenders. I've had times where I was soloing it on a Rad Armor Brute or Tanker and got to face 6 Rad/Rad piling the debuffs on me.

Forewarned, forarmed, from past experiences I arrive, pop four oranges, four lucks, and survive for 15 seconds before being annihilated.

Cue long slow whittling of being sent to the hospital, buying four of each, return, use all eight inspirations, whittle one clone. Eventually kill it, continue this back and forth until finishing it.

I've seen teams crumble thanks to this bug or Controller clones, but when there is more than one person it is a volley of AoE and even if we wipe we can do it the second time with everyone having bought new inspirations.

It's not a bug! The shadow clones pull from AE data, and Radiation Armor doesn't exist there (yet). So any Rad Armor toon's clone gets Radiation Emission instead!

These days if I do TFC TFs, I find them a lot more interesting to solo. There aren't any even con AVs in those that can't be defeated with a tray full of reds!

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

8 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

It's not a bug! The shadow clones pull from AE data, and Radiation Armor doesn't exist there (yet). So any Rad Armor toon's clone gets Radiation Emission instead!

These days if I do TFC TFs, I find them a lot more interesting to solo. There aren't any even con AVs in those that can't be defeated with a tray full of reds!

You've just quoted a bug, Neco Betty 😄 It's an *explainable* bug, but sed a bug.

• Moose 1