Cots Cave Maps

2 minutes ago, victusfate said:

I think it's time we retire them.

Are you talking Oranbega or the blue/purple caves? 

Oranbega is specific to CoT and if getting rid of that - what do you propose it is replaced with?  I think Oranbega is too ingrained to remove and should stay.  (And I have no love for CoT).

If you mean getting rid of the blue/purple caves - many other missions and enemy types use it as well.  Nearly half the Blueside content would have to be updated.  And again, to what?  The big open Rularuu caves?  Boring.  And not as many versions.  So, more would have to be made.  I personally like the tight quarters of the blue/purple caves as it provides a challenge.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Are you talking Oranbega or the blue/purple caves? 

Oranbega is specific to CoT and if getting rid of that - what do you propose it is replaced with?  I think Oranbega is too ingrained to remove and should stay.  (And I have no love for CoT).

If you mean getting rid of the blue/purple caves - many other missions and enemy types use it as well.  Nearly half the Blueside content would have to be updated.  And again, to what?  The big open Rularuu caves?  Boring.  And not as many versions.  So, more would have to be made.  I personally like the tight quarters of the blue/purple caves as it provides a challenge.  

Oranbega?  Love to hate it, hate to love it.  It is part of the lore now.  Even reinvented on new everything they should keep all the old floor plans.  

The blue cave maps.  ehhh... a hole is a hole.  The pancake room sucks, the fly in a semi circle to thread the needle and find the tunnel to the next section lol? priceless.  You could redo every real cave map in CoH and we would complain still.  About losing what we had, the difficulty of the new stuff.  the easiness of the new stuff.  the color.  the smell...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, KITANYA said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a few new maps as well! 🙂

This, a few new maps so that you don't run into caves as often. I wince every time I log into a cave map teamed with MM's.

• Haha 1

I don't like the incredibly narrow tunnels, but I like all of the cave room. I even like the cake room. Sorry.

Request denied.

JudgeJoe200.gif.63f1ebdcf77020f5c282447bf52d1497.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I would love to see some more "unique" Oranbegan rooms.  My favorites are the one that is like a church with the summoning portal and of course the one with the goddess Hequat's image.  SOme grand pyramidy, pillery open spaces with like lights and sparkles and spires of energy being all . . . spirey.

And pools of magic water.

And Blackjack.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

9 hours ago, victusfate said:

I think it's time we retire them.

They're a staple. You'd have to replace them with something else which would mean more work and more art otherwise all the Oranbega stuff would make no sense and they're honestly not even the worst maps to navigate.

• Like 1

I don't mind them at all, they add spice to the usual.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I was going to retire to Florida, but I'm having second thoughts....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

3 hours ago, Vic Raiden said:

Unpopular opinion: I genuinely like the Circle of Thorns temple maps, if only for the aesthetics.

Agreed. I'm really fond of them... but then I don't try Superspeeding through them, so that probably makes a difference. ( "Dammit! Who left this torch here?!" 🤣 )

• Haha 4

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The only one I don't like is the one where you pass into the room full of demon-summoning circles. I always forget the way back out.

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

See… my first toon all the way back on live was a pre-IO-era magic blaster.

So, not knowing any better, I deliberately sought out all the magic contacts and soon had memorized the layouts of all the crystal cave and Oranbega maps, including where all the hostages were likely to spawn.

I had no idea the other maps were so much more open and easier to navigate and other mob groups so much easier until after I’d mastered mob-pulling without mez-protection (except via inspiration) against the Circle of Thorns on Oranbega maps.

After that EVERYTHING was easy.

• Like 1

I'm weird, I never had an issue with the old, staple caves or the cake room. I particularly like the one with the over-under switchback way down in the SW corner. The first cave I stepped into when I started playing CoH, I thought "This is so like Morrowind!" a game I played the ever-loving she-it out of. It actually took me a couple of weeks of playing to get out of the habit of avoiding puddles and pools in the caves because I didn't want any nearby mobs to hear me.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.