Silent Sentinel Badge - Echo Atlas Park

heyedwin

I know why it was moved...

Basically, the steps to make an easy 700-900k influence in 5 minutes:

• Make a new character on the blue side and grab the 'inner inspirations' from the p2w vendor and pop it to get 3 inspirations to sell in order to make step 3 work.
  • Grab all badge locations via memory or VidiotMap in Atlas Park.
  • Once you have the 5 merits, go buy either 'enhancement booster salvage' or 'enhancement converter salvage' and sell it in the auction house for 1 influence.
  • Someone buys it, and you get an instant 700-900k depending on its price at that hour/day.

The change comes in, interrupting the easy badge location. For this example, 'Silent Sentinel' was moved to 'Atlas Park Echo'. Now, if you want to use this method, it still works, but the interruption happens when you have to ask around for an 'Ouroboros Portal', just so you can gain access to 'Atlas Park Echo'. The method still works, but that new step causes it to take longer.

I'm aware that fire farmers are the way to go to make bank.

Edited by heyedwin
Added an extra step I forgot about.
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

If you're referring to getting the Atlas Tour Guide accolade for Merits, the Rookie Badge should count for that now instead of Silent Sentinel.  Unless they forgot to change that, you shouldn't need to go to Echo: Atlas Park to get the accolade and merits.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

9 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

If you're referring to getting the Atlas Tour Guide accolade for Merits, the Rookie Badge should count for that now instead of Silent Sentinel.  Unless they forgot to change that, you shouldn't need to go to Echo: Atlas Park to get the accolade and merits.

I'm re-testing it now.  I'll post another reply after I'm done.

15 minutes ago, heyedwin said:

The change comes in, interrupting the easy badge location.

No, it doesn't.  You get the merits by getting all 8 badges in the zone.  Nothing changes and you do not need to go to a different zone.

So, no, you DON'T know why it was changed.

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Side note: if you go through the portal to Recluse's Victory (tech contact room down the stairs of City Hall), you get the badge and Oro portal because that counts as time travel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Side note: if you go through the portal to Recluse's Victory (tech contact room down the stairs of City Hall), you get the badge and Oro portal because that counts as time travel.

Going into RV requires being level 40.  The post was made in relation to the character being fresh-off-the-bus needing a quick buck.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

15 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

No, it doesn't.  You get the merits by getting all 8 badges in the zone.  Nothing changes and you do not need to go to a different zone.

So, no, you DON'T know why it was changed.

I might be wrong on the reason it might have been changed but this video should prove that something had changed.

Edited by heyedwin
Forgot to add context.

1 hour ago, heyedwin said:

I might be wrong on the reason it might have been changed but this video should prove that something had changed.

It proves that the guy making the video isn't paying attention at all.

Go to full screen and read the badges.

He counts off eight badges but one of them is 'TIpped Off', which you receive for getting a tip mission.

So he does NOT have all eight exploration badges.

Edit:  Okay, I came off a little harsh there.  I didn't realize that was your video.  But my point stands.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

It's actually easier now to get the Atlas Park exploration accolade, by virtue of the total distance required to get all 8 having been reduced. Silent Sentinel was way out on the outskirts, whereas Rookie (its replacement) is central and clustered with most of the others.

21 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Going into RV requires being level 40.  The post was made in relation to the character being fresh-off-the-bus needing a quick buck.

Nuh uh.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

23 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

IDK what out of date wiki you've been reading or other server you've been on, but on HC this is not the case.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

15 minutes ago, Judasace said:

IDK what out of date wiki you've been reading or other server you've been on, but on HC this is not the case.

That's news to me, which probably shows how much I care about PvP to not notice when that happened.

• Haha 1

Always nice to see someone from the Foil Hat Society stopping by to tell us about the plotting and scheming of our evil overlords.  It's a shame they never stop by the open beta server or forums so they actually know what those plots and schemes are... you'd almost think they make this shit up on the fly just to have a conspiracy to theorize about.

• Like 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

31 minutes ago, Judasace said:

Yep, it's been the tail end of my badge hunting circuit with any new hero I make. I run others through it from time to time, always with a fresh outta the tutorial hero.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Passport Accolade + Long Distant Teleporter was unlocked after my 10th exploration badge. Snagged two in King's Row, including the one in AE.  It's a little more difficult to get, but not by much.

image.png.0a4e7513b67c1e9971cbf512018ab90c.png

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FFFF said:

Just tested it.

image.png.44004d628c3f48916f7ef6fc02827755.png

You don't get Passport but you still get Atlas Tour Guide. 5 merits.

I have 8 badges, no Silent Sentinel, but I have Rookie.

image.png.e76b7d8080dea6d70570a9e95406543f.png

Thank you for testing it as well.  I've included another test I did.  I've provided the     full video with no edits       so you can see it all happen.  I'm willing to learn what it is I'm doing wrong.  I've done in the past before this new patch was made live.  (Depending on when you're watching the video below, Youtube is still processing the HD version)  It also includes the coordinate location 

• Silent Sentinel - Moved from Atlas Park to Echo: Atlas Park (-608, 70, -1890)

Edited by heyedwin
Added Silent Sentinel location

13 minutes ago, heyedwin said:

Thank you for testing it as well.  I've included another test I did.  I've provided the     full video with no edits       so you can see it all happen.  I'm willing to learn what it is I'm doing wrong.  I've done in the past before this new patch was made live.  (Depending on when you're watching the video below, Youtube is still processing the HD version)

Here's what I got so you can compare. Full exploration badge list:

image.png.4fc61d6a1060eefd4dfae1b21543ce04.pngimage.png.248072c62fcec22ff8bd2b30e8ff2232.png

Edit: This was done on a fresh level 2 character on Excelsior.

Edit 2: You don't have the Rookie badge. I got that running up to Ms Liberty to train.

Edited by FFFF

4 minutes ago, FFFF said:

Here's what I got so you can compare. Full exploration badge list:

image.png.4fc61d6a1060eefd4dfae1b21543ce04.pngimage.png.248072c62fcec22ff8bd2b30e8ff2232.png

Edit: This was done on a fresh level 2 character on Excelsior.

I'm trying to understand why it's not longer giving me the 5 easy merits after reaching all locations using the vidiot map.  In the past, it was easy 600-800k influence.  But after the new patch went live.  It no longer gives those 5 easy merits because 'Silent Sentinal' was moved.  I'm not asking about comparisons, I just want to know if I'm going crazy because of one change, which is the location of 'Silent Sentinal'.  That's why I provided a full uncut video of me doing the location run for the easy 5 merits.

2 minutes ago, heyedwin said:

I'm trying to understand why it's not longer giving me the 5 easy merits after reaching all locations using the vidiot map.  In the past, it was easy 600-800k influence.  But after the new patch went live.  It no longer gives those 5 easy merits because 'Silent Sentinal' was moved.  I'm not asking about comparisons, I just want to know if I'm going crazy because of one change, which is the location of 'Silent Sentinal'.  That's why I provided a full uncut video of me doing the location run for the easy 5 merits.

Go talk to Ms. Liberty. You might have to get to level 2, but I got the Rookie badge when I went up to train. I don't think you have that one.

Edited by FFFF

20 minutes ago, heyedwin said:

I'm trying to understand why it's not longer giving me the 5 easy merits after reaching all locations using the vidiot map.

Because the change in exploration badges occurred today and Vidiot Maps needs to be updated.  So, *currently*, it's wrong.

I don't know if they have updated it for the new badges yet, but you would then need to update.

As for your video, you did *NOT* get the eight exploration badges.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FFFF said:

Go talk to Ms. Liberty. You might have to get to level 2, but I got the Rookie badge when I went up to train.

This is the way. Rookie is right behind Ms. Liberty, and is the replacement badge for Silent Sentinel in Atlas Park.

Your vidiotmaps are incorrect since the update, but I hope to upload a new version soon. Based on the video, I see you are also using the Optimal Path Maps mod, which you will need to uninstall for the time being. It's going to be a few days before I get around to updating that mod, and leaving it on will prevent you from seeing the updated vidiotmaps.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

This is the way. Rookie is right behind Ms. Liberty, and is the replacement badge for Silent Sentinel in Atlas Park.

Your vidiotmaps are incorrect since the update, but I hope to upload a new version soon. Based on the video, I see you are also using the Optimal Path Maps mod, which you will need to uninstall for the time being. It's going to be a few days before I get around to updating that mod, and leaving it on will prevent you from seeing the updated vidiotmaps.

Rookie used to be there for years until they re-did Atlas Park. All HC did was move it back (and swap Silent Sentinel off to Echo for balance) to ensure that no matter where a new player starts, they get an exploration badge within 15ft of their first trainer.

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)