Gravity

I trust that I don't actually have to explain Gravity, but... in case I'm wrong.

In game though, by making Gravity a controllable variable it allows the Homecoming developers to finish the Moon Zone that the Paragon devs started.

• Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

44 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Let's make the entirely reasonable assumption that I'm not going to dig through the patch notes to figure this out on my own, ok?

What is "gravity"?

Gravity is what is keeping you down man!

image.thumb.png.2c230f073635ed03484d99048b6afc76.png

• Haha 1

Non-smartass answer: It's a new environmental variable. Nothing a character can do will change or otherwise impact it.

Currently it's only being used in the Hard Mode of Lady Grey's Task Force, but in the future, devs can create zones or mission maps with increased or decreased gravity to simulate things like being in space or whatnot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StarkWhite said:

Currently it's only being used in the Hard Mode of Lady Grey's Task Force, but in the future, devs can create zones or mission maps with increased or decreased gravity to simulate things like being in space or whatnot.

Whoa neat!

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I trust that I don't actually have to explain Gravity, but... in case I'm wrong.

In game though, by making Gravity a controllable variable it allows the Homecoming developers to finish the Moon Zone that the Paragon devs started.

During an invasion, I meet this tall brass looking dude who told me that the moon base is not real.

He seemed trustworthy.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 3:28 AM, Marshal_General said:

During an invasion, I meet this tall brass looking dude who told me that the moon base is not real.

He seemed trustworthy.

More Jedi lies!

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 2/21/2024 at 4:10 AM, Carnifax said:

All my characters monitored stats now stop early with a Gravity entry. It's very weird. 

I had to fix my monitored stats too. Gravity got added and everything after that entry dropped from the list.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Odd. I've maintained a (bind-managed) CA window for a long time, and nobody gave me no gravity. (All were scrambled and had to be closed and then reopened, but no additions.)

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

8 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Odd. I've maintained a (bind-managed) CA window for a long time, and nobody gave me no gravity. (All were scrambled and had to be closed and then reopened, but no additions.)

I assume the list of stat IDs just got rearranged, so it would depend what specific things you were monitoring before whether you saw Gravity in the list after the patch.

Is there a way to set up macros or rolling keybinds to monitor a list of specific combat statistics?

12 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Is there a way to set up macros or rolling keybinds to monitor a list of specific combat statistics?

Nothing simple. But as the calling command toggles them it can be fairly simple. Here's my generic alt CA bind:

ALT+F8 "monitorattribute Endurance Consumption$$monitorattribute Recovery Rate$$monitorattribute Regeneration Rate$$monitorattribute Running Speed$$monitorattribute Flying Speed$$monitorattribute Jump Height"

You can edit this string as you like. As noted, when something else screws up the display, you'll get two toggling lists. The fix is to right-click, close all, then call 'em back with the bind.

If there's a simpler method, using attribute codes or such, I haven't found it. But other than slightly tedious setup, this works well.

• Thanks 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I posed this question in beta forums - and was told I didn't understand the gravity of the situation. Silly me, I thought it had something to do with the geysers I was using to get to the top of the ski slope in pocket d. 

On 2/20/2024 at 11:17 PM, StarkWhite said:

Non-smartass answer: It's a new environmental variable. Nothing a character can do will change or otherwise impact it.

That's very cool! Now, back to the smartass answers. 

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Well, since nobody dropped this one:

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

12 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Well, since nobody dropped this one:

92b67dcff2de01dd96a5d6879ea4ad41.png

Thank you for pointing out it is only possible to drop stuff when gravity is actually present

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
  • Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Well what you call random we call by name. Or so Rickie sez:-)

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 2/20/2024 at 11:17 PM, StarkWhite said:

Well, that's an interesting concept, but would it affect powers as well as character movement?  Would energy beams, bullets, etc. bend and have problems with accuracy?

• City Council
7 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Well, that's an interesting concept, but would it affect powers as well as character movement?  Would energy beams, bullets, etc. bend and have problems with accuracy?

Take a Gravity Controller on a HMLGTF and find out. 😉

• Like 1