The age old question.....

No, its not the chicken and the egg...

Why do so many players go to the ouroboros and then just stand there all day? Could they possibly run away from the portal so travelers can actually see it to click on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

I’ve seen lots of requests for the portal to “shove” players away.

However, I want something more fun implemented….

After standing next to the portal for more than 30 seconds, start removing things 

10mill infl every 5 seconds.

Once that’s gone, start removing badges, followed by levels.

If you’re still sitting there, broke, badge-less and at level 1 and still don’t move……auto delete!!!

😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Banjo 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

57 minutes ago, Diantane said:

Why do so many players go to the ouroboros and then just stand there all day? Could they possibly run away from the portal so travelers can actually see it to click on?

If I'm away for any period of time and I happen to be in Ouroboros, I'll jump in the pool and emote an innertube. One of my favorite Homecoming additions!

• Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

If I'm away for any period of time and I happen to be in Ouroboros, I'll jump in the pool and emote an innertube. One of my favorite Homecoming additions!

A lot of times if I'm just hanging around in Ouro (usually because I'm afk for a while), I'll go out to one of the little islands and do /lotus. 

Meditate among the planes. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

I don't think the OP is questioning why folks are standing in Oro in a general sense, so explanations of why stand/float elsewhere aren't really pertinent, I think the question regards standing in the way of the portal so others have trouble using it.  After all, folks stand around in several zones, Atlas Park most notably.

Honestly, hate to say it, but I suspect the answer is:

image.png.294e61142afd121c9c84066a62319a20.png

I mean, short of dc'ing when entering the zone, how hard is it to take 2 steps?

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

• City Council
4 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’ve seen lots of requests for the portal to “shove” players away.

However, I want something more fun implemented….

After standing next to the portal for more than 30 seconds, start removing things 

10mill infl every 5 seconds.

Once that’s gone, start removing badges, followed by levels.

If you’re still sitting there, broke, badge-less and at level 1 and still don’t move……auto delete!!!

😈

That doesn't sound very fun. Fun would be to start vector knocking squatters into oblivion, then having them drop into the pool. Now it's a pool party, and pool parties are fun.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Banjo 1

I wonder how many innertube emoted players can fit in the Ouropool?

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

3 hours ago, Booper said:

That doesn't sound very fun. Fun would be to start vector knocking squatters into oblivion, then having them drop into the pool. Now it's a pool party, and pool parties are fun.

200w.gif.5f41142506182eb4b709d15adf278880.gif Do it!!

Another thought I've had is why not set up a few different "in gates" that a player can randomly pop in to, spread out around the place?

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Booper said:

This.  We should do this.  

I get why they are there.  Just finished a X TF after Y minutes and need to go to the B room.  Drop ouro, zone and get out of the game rig. And your toon…standing at the ouro entrance. 

As you Zone in have a temp power KB to self 45 mag. 1 min delay, cancels when you move 20 feet. Otherwise…have a nice flight, we will see you in the pool.  Bonus points for having them land with random innertube….

• Like 4
  • Banjo 1

8 hours ago, Booper said:

TP to a random Shadow Shard location!  More people should have a chance to experience the beauty of the Shards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Banjo 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

10 hours ago, Booper said:

In the good old days when someone was stubbornly standing on a teleport destination in DOOM... they had a different way of handling this.

But sure... your way is fun too. 😈

• Banjo 1

10 hours ago, Booper said:

Freemtm them into the void, and just before they land in the pool they morph into a Rikti Monkey. Because a pool party might be fun, but a Monkey Pool Party is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Banjo 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

My not so favorite comparison to the experience related by the OP: I'm scripting mishes in AE, and someone is multiboxing toons through fire farms, all of which have that ground pound ability. They can all be standing there for several minutes, slamming, slamming, slamming away, until the player shows back up and sends them back in (to the asteroid map, I'd wager). My whole screen shakes constantly.

I know, I know -- I can go to the little room in the back where all that is shut off. Or I can fiddle with settings, etcetcetc. Still, I'm just like, What exactly are you up to while this mass of same-looking characters is minioning away in here?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Maybe when you arrive in Ouro, you should land in the pool instead of at the portal.  There must be an arrival point already since jumping off the side and landing in the water below puts you back up in the pool.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

I'll propose that squatting players get -1000 repel/knockback resistance after 30 seconds. Imagine punting them a la Hellion Golf using repel or power push (or for that matter using Energy Torrent to remove a whole group.

• Banjo 1

I stand  on top of the portal with all of my pets summoned and with a max size costume because I am an important person on this server and I do not want to give up my first-in-line-to-the-portal spot to some obnoxious nerd.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

13 hours ago, Booper said:

knocking squatters into oblivion

There is no knockback, there is only knockdown. 😞

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Have 2 portals - one entrance, one exit, both on the sky islands and use the whoosher/jumpgates from the Shadow Shard to reach the main Ouro floating space station thing. You could actually use ice like in the Frostfire mission at the arrival portal to ensure those arriving get sent to the centre

• Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I only find it overwhelming on rare occasions, like when an all MM TF is loitering with all their pets, and they don't have release_pets macroed up. C'mon guys, you can do it.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

12 hours ago, KC4800 said:

I only find it overwhelming on rare occasions, like when an all MM TF is loitering with all their pets, and they don't have release_pets macroed up. C'mon guys, you can do it.

Ultimately I agree with you, this is just a minor annoyance caused by inconsiderate players. 

But... the idea of knocking them into the void to fall into the pool and be turned into a Rikti monkey (say, until they climb out of the pool) is such a great idea that I don't care!

• Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 weeks later

I'd say if you wanted to go afk, doing so right at the ouro portal is a bad idea as travelers are trying to click on the portal and can't because so many are blocking it

• Banjo 1