How do you slot Health and Stamina?

I've been recently browsing different builds and trying to learn how to use IO sets better, without min/maxing but trying to get the most out of the power as well as the set or at least some balance of the two depending on the powers/AT.

For the last few years I've always 4 slotted health with two Numinas and two Miracles, heal and then proc from both sets. Set bonus gives a high regen and a decent recovery for the set bonus on top of the addition of the procs themselves.

Recently I've seen some people either 1 slotting one of those two procs or health 2 slots with both of those procs. I've seen people use the Panacea proc (only gives regen in PVE, if I'm reading it correctly?)

Somewhere along the line I came across the idea of putting the proc from Performance Shifter into Stamina. Game. Changer. LOL all of my toons now get 4 slot double proc in health and 3 slotted Stamina with the one proc by the early 30s.

I just got curious about how others slot them and why. I understand sometimes sloting is tight so 4 slots in heal and 3 in stamina isn't feasible... How do you do it and how does it work out though?

• Like 1

Most builds:

Health: Panacea, Numina, and Miracle procs

Stamina: Shifter proc, Endmod, Endmod/Acc (for the HP bonus)

If I'm using an armor set with an auto or toggle regen/max HP power, I might move either Panacea or Numina to that power and slot a few pieces of the set in there. In some extreme cases of excess sustain I might cut some of these entirely for more slots elsewhere. 

• Like 3

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Panacea and Miracle +Recovery proc in Health. 

Performance Shifter proc and one +5 end mod IO in Stamina. 

That is usually my go to unless I'm reaalllllly striving for certain set bonuses. 

I've seen the math done, and anything more than 1 or two slots in these powers tends to be wasted. 

In a perfect world these get 

Health: Panacea, Numina, Miracle.  Procs/Globals

Stamina: Perf shift proc, Perf shift endmod, lvl50+5 I/O endmod.   

When pressed for slots I strip off starting with health then stamina stripping from right to left.  So on a “stripped build” i would have a panacea and a perf shift proc.  

• Like 1

All of my builds get a Panacea proc in Health at level 7 and either a Shifter or Power Transfer proc (depending on the build) in Stamina at level 18.

• Like 1

Yeah, I put 2 additional slots in both, (so 3 slots in total for each), and do panacea, miracle, and numina's in health, then performance shifter + 2 end mods in stamina, (I may add a 4th slot to stamina if I can spare it and still need that extra bit of end recovery).

• Like 1

My default picks are always a Miracle: +Recovery in Health and Performance Shifter: +End in Stamina.  If I can spare slots i'll opt for the other uniques (Panacea and Numina in Health, usually just a Performance Shifter EndMod in Stamina) but most of the time these two are enough for me.

Maybe my numbers are wrong but I personally think Miracle is more reliable than Panacea for recovering End.  When Panacea procs endurance yeah 7.5% is a lot but it doesn't always and sometimes gives health instead.  While that's not bad by any stretch I prefer the consistancy of just getting a modest boost to recovery.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

It depends on the secondary/primary I'm using.

But my standard is:

Health - Panacea proc, Numina recovery/regen, Miracle recovery

Stamina - Power Transfer heal proc, end mod, dmg/end mod, Synapse end mod/runspeed (gotta go fast).

Very few of my builds are so insanely tight that I can't spare a couple of extra slots for stamina, not to mention I don't like to suck wind until 50+ and incarnate powers.

But I guess I just build a lot differently from other people, since others seem to have just the shifter proc in stamina and nothing else, but can get to 50 without flatlining on end every fight. When I've tried it, I'm out of end REALLY fast, since the proc only goes off every 30 seconds or so.

• Like 1

Here's fully maxed.  All 4 healing procs and 2 of the matching IO set Heals to get the set bonus and more healing.  Then Stamina has Performance shifter proc and heal, and synapse proc and heal. 

image.png.234147d3118d46f6d1505f7df651317b.png

Here's my basic minimal slotting that I'll drop in every build to start with.  3 procs in Heath, and the Performance shifter proc, heal and basic IO heal in stamina.  

image.png.dccf9faa214026e79d51f771d2687914.png

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

While leveling,as soon as level limits allow me to use the extras from the SG base storage

Level 2: Health  

(A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

(*) Miracle - +Recovery

Level 2: Stamina               

(A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

(*) Performance Shifter - EndMod

This slotting tends to pace the +BlueBar for my characters' needs, plus a little oomph on travel speeds.

I usually end up with another power for slotting Preventive Medicine, occasionally I have a power that is best suited for using Panacea as a set, so sometimes that global goes elsewhere.

Some characters end up not needing the Miracle +Recovery piece. Any character that I expect to be constantly taking damage will get a Power Transfer %Heal. Tankers will have 2x Numina: a Health and the +Regen/+Recovery piece. I usually don't go out of my way to get +Regeneration, except on high-HP characters that will regularly be taking damage. Every once in a blue moon I will put the Synapse's Shock EndMod/+Running speed piece in Stamina, this is usually when I am using Infiltration as the primary travel power.

• Like 2

Health gets 3-5 slots.

Miracle Proc/Numi Proc/Panacea Proc. Regen Tissue Proc & Prevent Med Proc depending on build.

Stamina get 3 or 4 slots.

Performance Shifter End.  Performance End/Acc or End/Rech and the Performance Shifter Proc.

4th slot if available and nothing else to slot gets the Heal Proc so I can see the little green number pop up every once in a while.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Huh.

Health = Regenerative Tissue (+Regen), Miracle (+Recovery), Numinax3 (Heal/Recharge, Heal, +Regen/+Recovery), started to add a Panacea again (+Hit Points/End) when updating old builds that did not have a Panacea and the build was slightly on the wrong side of gain/loss. So, 5-6 slots depending.

Stamina = Typically 2x EndMod (50). Stopped going down the rabbit hole of Performance Shifters and/or Power Transfer -- there's no rabbit!

In most builds hit-point total and regeneration get chased in addition to everything else.

Edited by Digirium
  • Like 1

I tend to chase Speed/Recharge debuff protection, mainly on front line melee toons, so my Health and Stamina usually looks like this:

image.png.dceebe5906b33fa9e7b69a749a98db07.png

Lots of Recovery procs, plus 10% Recharge speed protection along with Run Speed increase and End Mod.

• Like 1

For probably 75% of my characters only the default slot is used, Pana proc and Perf Shifter proc for health and stamina respectively.  Endurance management is easy to solve via set bonuses for +rec and +MaxEnd, which tend to be given while pursuing other bonuses.  There are exceptions of course, like endo hogs (looking at you Stormies) that merit additional slots for recovery.  Then there are meleers that lack a heal where I'll look for more regen and the Power Transfer he%l proc.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On characters that don't have +recovery powers, Stamina will be 2-slotted with a Perfomance Shifter end mod and the +end proc and Health will be 1-slotted with either the Panacea proc, Miracle proc or Preventative Medicine +absorb. Blasters, masterminds and others with +recovery powers only have 1 slot in Stamina (with either an end mod IO or the +end proc). I occasionally slot +recovery/+regen procs elsewhere in the build, but I can't recall a character that has more than the base slot in Health. I tend to rely on judicious slotting of end reduction in attacks and end discount set bonuses.

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

As with several other powers and/or slotting choices, I encourage testing "no brainer" choices... in the case of Auto powers... with unslotting some of those Health pieces to see if it makes a noticeable difference in performance.

• Like 1

I'm diggin this thread and I'm really hoping it helps out some new comers or gives some ideas to people that are delving into sets and bonus'.

I knew about boosting, but I didn't know you could use it on a gen IO. Definitely useful.

Keep'em comin 👍

• Like 1

I've been revisiting my own slotting.  Usually I two slot both Health & Stamina and usually I'm going for Endurance help rather than health.  Usually there are other power choices where the health & stamina procs work.

Really depends on what that char needs and I do tend to run either blasters or melee.

• Like 1

for most content a simple build of 3 health SOs or IOs and 3 end Mod sos or ios will be more than sufficient to get you through the game

if you can afford it by lvl 47 a numinas regen proc and a performance shifter proc both work wonders bur are by no means mandatory

past that additional procs and or full sets are like sprinkles on top of the donuts of life

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Posted (edited)

Panacea is always the first IO I slot; in Health.
Stamina usually gets an +EndMod IO in the default slot.
As I level up, the first extra slot goes into Health (Miracle) and the second into Stamina (a Performance Shifter Proc)
...and that's usually "Good Enough" for me.

If I need more self-healing then I may stick a Power Transfer "Chance to Heal Self" Proc in Stamina.
If I need more recovery then I may stick a second EndMod IO in Stamina and/or a Numina Proc in Health (roughly the same at 50; but the Numina exemplars better)
The Preventive Medicine unique is important too... but since it's a set bonus rather than a proc, that typically goes in something other than Health.

If I ever have a surprisingly large number of enhancement slots left at the end of a build (which almost never happens) then I might slot a Regenerative Tissue proc and ED-cap the Healing% slotting in Health... but the last time I properly overslotted Health was for an INV Tanker in circa Issue 9.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[Visual Guide]

This was me "back in the day" (pre-Panacea and Power Transfer):
image.png.039aa59f30440d87fc7bc508a0632dc0.png

This is my usual goto standard these days (exact setup depends on how many slots I have going spare and how much self-healing a toon has)
image.png.51f562a6bdb49c211e7df434112e13ed.png
image.png.387b237dd969427dd5e2b3a4d7ccf5aa.png
image.png.fe7e1ecd2d4c545aad0bbf97dc567cbe.png

This is "I'm a finely balanced permadom with no fecking slots left"
image.png.c704845be86952194ea9298fc08eeb80.png

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1

I generally play organically, which means I'll pick up powers and put in slots as I go.  Respecs are cheap (if not easy) so I feel comfortable using them each and every time I make a tactical error (which is often).

I usually start with a Panacea proc for Health that I'll put in as early as level 7.  I'll also put an Endurance Mod SO into Stamina whenever I think of it.

Performance Shifter proc comes in at level 17.  I add it as an attuned even though its level is unimportant because it is bugged and should only be able to be slotted at 18+.

For lots of my characters, that's enough.  But I will add more slots that help with endurance recovery as I level if I need it.  In order, I'll generally add Miracle proc to Health, Perf Shifter end mod (attuned) to Stamina, Numina's proc  to Health.  This is all geared towards endurance recovery, since regeneration isn't something I really worry about until end game.

By the time I ding 50, I've probably put together what I want the final build to look like.  I will also have a very good idea what my endurance needs look like.  At this point I'll look into slotting that adds regeneration or other healing or set bonuses if I cannot find a better place for it.  

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

The least expensive uniques that can go in health are the Numina Recov/Rech and the Miracle +Recov. Panacea +HP/End, because it is PvP, is more pricey. Those are my go to for health in that order.

In endurance, I go with the Performance Shifter Chance for + Endurance, which is not unique, meaning you can have more than one. Hello Physical Perfection.

If I need additional Endurance slots, I just use invention IO of appropriate level.  up to 50+5. Not all builds need this. Like a blaster or stalker wont, but a solo defender will, or a high toggle scrapper, brute or tank might. Play it by ear.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

With Blasters I find the sustain power usually overshadows Health and Stamina so much that they don't need anymore slots. So I just put the +Absorb proc in Health.

On my melee characters (mostly Tanks) I go with this set-up. I like the extra Run speed bonuses. (Also usually have the +Absorb and Regenerative Tissue somewhere in the build)

image.jpeg.cb500986849bfa095962ea31e865abdd.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

I've seen people use the Panacea proc (only gives regen in PVE, if I'm reading it correctly?)

Didn't see anyone address this unless I missed it.  In PvE it actually gives a chance for both healing and endurance.  It gives +regen in PvP.   You'll see the healing it gives float over your head every time it activates (same as the power transfer heal proc).  

Along with what others have said I also put the preventive medicine absorb proc in health if I don't have another heal power it'd work better in.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2