Would you rather pop UNSTOPPABLE or go to the hosp?

Short Answer: I would use Unstoppable if I was confident it would allow me to defeat my foe(s) inside of 3 minutes.

Long Answer: I skip most of the armor set T9s with a crash. The crash isn't the issue though. Most of the armors can be built sufficiently sturdy such that the T9 doesn't provide a meaningful improvement in survivability. I find powers like Hybrid/Melee and Unleash Potential are far more useful.

(I do have Untoppable on my scrapper, but it's a mule for the Gladiator's Armor +def.)

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Interesting point; and I have, on occasion, decided to use Unstoppable (or powers that accomplish the like) rather than give Villains X the thrill of watching another alt make their way to the ER.  One of the problems, from my experience, has been forgetting that I've hit the power to begin with, or lost track of how long it's been running.  The, "Aw, crap," moment kicks in and I've got time for one tremulously uttered, "I'll be back," before the, "Down I go," moment.  Overall, yes, I would prefer to hit the Unstoppable button, as long as I can get my head in gear enough to make sure I'm keeping track of the timing.

• Like 2

Solo: Unstoppable.

Team: My choice completely depends on where we are in a mission. After all, it is a free teleport to my base. If the mission is practically done, there is often little reason to stay on the map.

• Like 1

Skipping the crashing T9's typically allows me to pick a power that will (in most cases) actually be more helpful for avoiding the death than the T9 is.  But really, death is nothing more than a minor inconvenience in this game, with no real negative consequences.  It's often less annoying to just die, respawn at the hospital (or a your base) and then get back into it, than to wait to recover from the power crash.

A few of the T9's provide a more moderate buff with less dramatic crash effects.  Most of these are pretty cool, and I usually take (and use) them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tidge said:

Solo: Unstoppable.

Team: My choice completely depends on where we are in a mission. After all, it is a free teleport to my base. If the mission is practically done, there is often little reason to stay on the map.

If you aren't inside the mission when it finishes, you don't get any of the end of mission rewards.

My most memorable experience for Unstoppable was on Live.  I was playing a dark/Invul Brute.  This was a pretty built up high recharge build.  But Unstoppable was not perma.  I was on a PUG... (it's me after all) and we were doing a Barracuda or a Dr Khan.   We get to the end fight and the team gets overwhelmed.  Not uncommon on live.  Good builds were horrendously expensive.  They all die.  Except me.  I start cycling through unstoppable.  Shoring up the toon during the crashes with Dull Pain, Dark Consumption, Siphon Life and any imspirations that dropped.  The team went to the hospital.  Came in, and....  was overwhelmed.  REPEAT above experience.  The team came back the second time and we knocked Reichsman down. 

Hyperstrike swears Unstoppable is a delayed death sentence.  But this old vampire has been cheating the grim reaper for a few nights.  Having said that I use Hyperstrike builds and do not waste a pick on Unstoppable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If my character would like to pop Aything that would be [Eye of the Magus], unless it's on cooldown.

• Like 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

i could see running a Brute Dark/Invul now juggling Melee Core Embodiment, Rune of Protection, and Unstoppable.  You could then ignore building for any resistance and build for Recharge/Defense.  With three massive huge resistance/status/regen/etc "oh crap" buttons always cycling you would be, well, unstoppable.  THe only caveat being to watch the crash on unstoppable so you can spend a few seconds recovering.  (dark consumption, inspirations)

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Pop Unstoppable but die before the effect takes place.

Reminds me of my disgust at using Parasitic Aura in the nictus ambush in the first mission of the ITF way way back in live and then dying anyway. It's how I never took a T9 again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The T9 on my Human/Squid Peacebringer is mandatory for her, because with it and all her shields active, she can become a giant version of her blue wisp pet.  My Human only PB will be taking it as well, for the exact same reason.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Reminds me of my disgust at using Parasitic Aura in the nictus ambush in the first mission of the ITF way way back in live and then dying anyway. It's how I never took a T9 again.

Parasitic Aura at least does not crash you. Even unslotted, it gives you an impressive amount of Regen (gives Recovery too, but that is not generally an issue). And it is lowering the damage of your nearby foes by 15%. But it is, admittedly, probably best used while at full health when encountering a full group of nasties than when near defeat, unless you are also going to pop something to give it time to work, like Ablative Carapace. 

And, compared to Unstoppable, it is up nearly four times as often. 

I do not take Unstoppable as anything other than a mule. Parasitic Aura I use.

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Parasitic Aura at least does not crash you. Even unslotted, it gives you an impressive amount of Regen (gives Recovery too, but that is not generally an issue). And it is lowering the damage of your nearby foes by 15%. But it is, admittedly, probably best used while at full health when encountering a full group of nasties than when near defeat, unless you are also going to pop something to give it time to work, like Ablative Carapace. 

And, compared to Unstoppable, it is up nearly four times as often. 

I do not take Unstoppable as anything other than a mule. Parasitic Aura I use.

Yeah, and the nictus are particularly nasty as they debuff like crazy. Ain't no hail mary when at agro cap with so much debuffing. But it did sour me off T9s at realizing they were not miracle workers.

Of course now in HC there's Barrier who IS a hail mary miracle worker, and everyone can have it 😄

• Like 1

The only tanker Tier 9 Armor power I like is Hibernate on an ice tanker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

20 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Yeah, and the nictus are particularly nasty as they debuff like crazy. Ain't no hail mary when at agro cap with so much debuffing. But it did sour me off T9s at realizing they were not miracle workers.

Of course now in HC there's Barrier who IS a hail mary miracle worker, and everyone can have it 😄

Definitely Parasitic Aura is the furthest from providing miracles, which is probably why it has a more reasonable base recharge.

While I would probably never skip it, I can certainly see building without it as it is very unlike the other T9s which provide an unmistakable, "I AM A WALL" effect. I use it more as a, "Ohhh, that spawn looks a bit rough" hold-me-over while I work as I have it available every 105s and it lasts 45s. It is the first of the three click powers I pull out, with Ablative and DNA Siphon either being held or used reflexively when things are bad enough. So the places where Parasitic Aura smooths your passage may be few enough that reasonably a person would look to doing something else with the power slot.

• Like 1