Are people even interested in this any longer?

eldriyth

The dev team are all volunteers.  They do this in their spare time, not as their day jobs.

Don't expect patches to happen frequently, or really, at all.  Just enjoy that the servers are up, and you can play.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

The test server Justin was down from about July 6 to yesterday.  Thread:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,6423.0.html.

So there was no testing going on, but I guess things are working now.

There's definitely a patch being prepared, that will include snipe changes and possibly a few other things.  Stuff's being worked on, but don't expect major, game-changing patches -- see above about how devs are volunteers.  ^_^

• Like 1

I think it is somewhat about setting expectations correctly from the jump.  The fact that we have this game at all, is nothing short of a miracle.  But, if we are going to start expecting the same level of updates, fixes, improvements etc., that we were accustomed to when it was a paid subscription game, then there are those who will be disappointed.  As has been stated, these guys are doing this because they love it, and are getting no more reparation than that.  IF we do manage to see more updates, it will probably come from the efforts of the non-server specific team (I forget what they are called), that are doing development...though last I heard it was more geared towards getting a clean I24 experience, as opposed to anything beyond.  If that happens, and we do get some more toys to play with, I will be even more appreciative than I already am.  But, I am already VERY appreciative, so if I don't get something like that, I will keep on enjoying what we have, which is a very mature game, with tons of content, and between Paragon City, the Rogue Isles, and the "Going Rogue" maps (Neutropolis, etc.), there is a lot to do, if one goes down all of those roads.  Most don't really look at all that, because they tend to focus on one city, or another, and get tired of doing the same things over, and over again, without ever exploring the other areas. 

So, I think we literally have it pretty good as is, and I will play for as long as these generous folks want to keep on putting out the effort to keep it alive!

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

I have it on a good authority* that anyone who is dissatisfied may ask for a full refund.

*My hair stylist knows the brother of one of the developer's cousin's father. So you know it's accurate.

IDK, I heard from my mechanic’s girlfriend’s landscaper who knows the best friend of someone acquainted with the Dev’s that they are cutting subscription costs by 50% and we can expect an update when the Dev’s damn well feel like it.

+1 Inf Mouse!

• Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

They've got their respective eyes on a lot of different things. I expect we will see a lot of balancing, bug fixes, and attention to underperforming powers and ATs. I don't expect to see a lot of new content for quite a while, if ever.

But they're not paid, and they probably have families and jobs like most of us. So it's going to take time, and should never be rushed.

I don't expect anything as far as updates or more content.  On the contrary, I've made it clear that I would rather see this game stay the way it is (and been greatly harassed for it).  But things seem to be breaking here and there, some events appear to not be working and the LFG system is a crapshoot.  Not sure how or why that would happen, but if anything I would like to see the game fixed up before we even start talking about adding anything new.

If I learned anything from the old days, it's that CoX is a goddam nightmare of spaghetti code.  Add a new costume part and next thing you know Rikti bombs are running across zones.  I would appreciate if the Homecoming team treat this game like the unstable Jenga tower it is and proceed *carefully.*

I wish I could afford to pay them to develop the swing power the only thing well the only difficult thing I have ever wanted COH to have, I want to swing through the air with the greatest of ease.

Additionally, before a bunch of people get ready to invest serious quantities of time into further development, they'll want to have an agreement in place with NCSoft to prevent life-ruining lawsuits.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

The dev team are all volunteers.  They do this in their spare time, not as their day jobs.

Don't expect patches to happen frequently, or really, at all.  Just enjoy that the servers are up, and you can play.

They brought this project back from the dead, are accepting thousands in donations, and just leave it as volunteer work for patches? Shouldn't the people taking your money be working on the game? I thought homecoming actually had a crew who cared about it? Why run it if you're not going to update it? I mean don't get me wrong, what they have done is unreal, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see some new options for archetypes etc.

They brought this project back from the dead, are accepting thousands in donations, and just leave it as volunteer work for patches?

Those donations are all earmarked for hardware and network costs. None of it goes to any individuals.

• Like 1

They brought this project back from the dead, [...]

Maybe it's just that the heatwave is getting to me, but damn you are being a whiny, over-entitled, ungrateful little son of a bitch, aren't you?

[...] are accepting thousands in donations, [...]

Every penny of which goes towards the game's hardware, hosting, and bandwidth costs ... and not one thin cent goes into any of the dev team's pockets.

Why run it if you're not going to update it?

... because the alternative is NO CITY OF X AT ALL, you insufferable little ingrate.  >:(

• Like 3

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

The only thing I expect is for the devs volunteering their time to this project, to do whatever it is that they can manage.

I'm happy to be once again playing this game, if they don't change or add a single pancaking thing and are content to keep it running, I will take it.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Maybe it's just that the heatwave is getting to me, but damn you are being a whiny, over-entitled, ungrateful little son of a bitch, aren't you?

Every penny of which goes towards the game's hardware, hosting, and bandwidth costs ... and not one thin cent goes into any of the dev team's pockets.

... because the alternative is NO CITY OF X AT ALL, you insufferable little ingrate.  >:(

+ 1 to you, Pax.

I dropped my jaw when I read that post.

I haven't seen a patch in close to 2 months. It's like nobody wants to improve the game or add to it now? Or is a big secret project in development?

Bruh professional games with large cash flows often go for a few months without major patches.

• Like 1

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

+1 inf for you, good sir.